are the graphics suppose to be good for wii?

The thing you have to note is that the programmers are just getting use to the new Wii system. As time goes by programmers will get used to the system and discover the Wii's hidden talents.

Here's a comparesion:
burnout_20.jpg

When Burnout 1 came out for the PS2 it look pretty bad.
burnout-revenge-20050820074716949.jpg

Burnout Revenge:Now after five years of developing for the PS2, programmers now have better exprience on programming for the PS2 and the graphics look a lot nicer.

So it's normal to have crapy graphic at console launch, but as time go by the graphic will improve.

Nice comparison, Evi1d33d. Yeah, I mean look at God of War for PS2. Outstanding graphics on a console that started out with some pretty cruddy looking games.

Ketico said:
I guarantee the graphics on Wii can rival Xbox 360 graphics. Read The Q & A Satora Iwata gave his employees. They mentioned that graphics wasn't secondary in designing the Wii. The technology in the Wii was carefully selected.

omfg no they can't, for one thing it doesnt even have hd, and the hardware isn't nearly as powerful

That is not my point, I am saying the graphics are considerably above the xbox. Its the facts what ever you say Gamecube had like the same graphics as xbox. Maybe not all games but look at madden. There was like no difference. You take the besct graphical Gc game compare it to the xbox and it is a tie.
The Gc was capable of matching the xbox...
The wii's graphics are clearly alot better...

the wiis graphics are on par with xbox, but the gamecube was not close, resident evil 4 and burnout where some games on xbox and gamecube that pushed the power of them, re4 had alot worse grafix if you compare side by side to the xbox

pizzaluvr said:
the wiis graphics are on par with xbox, but the gamecube was not close, resident evil 4 and burnout where some games on xbox and gamecube that pushed the power of them, re4 had alot worse grafix if you compare side by side to the xbox

What the hell, Resident Evil 4 was never released for Xbox..

Yeah...I've looked at some screenshots for wii games, some look like crap and others aren't that bad. Obviously the graphics aren't going to be near as good as the 360 and ps3 but they'll be as good as like standard ps2/xbox games. Better than gamecube of course, but as such...microsoft and sony focus alot on their graphics, especially sony.

darthbeaverxp said:
Yeah...I've looked at some screenshots for wii games, some look like crap and others aren't that bad. Obviously the graphics aren't going to be near as good as the 360 and ps3 but they'll be as good as like standard ps2/xbox games. Better than gamecube of course, but as such...microsoft and sony focus alot on their graphics, especially sony.

What the heck is wrong with you?!
You are saying the wii games will be on par with ps2 graphics and way better than Gamecubes...
You should be smart enough to understand that the Ps2's graphics were clearly on the bottom. They were the worst graphics. How dumb does a person have to be to say this. I am sick of people not understanding this. PS2 HAD THE WORSE GRAPHICS!!!
THE WII HAS BETTER GRAPHICS THAN ALL OF THOSE SYSTEMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you understanding this info?
:lol:

I agree with WannaWii.

The PS2 had the worst graphics out of all the current generation consoles. The order was this: PS2, Gamecube, and then Xbox. The Wii's graphics will be inbetween Xbox and Xbox 360's graphics. Plenty good for me.

In the last generation of consoles, the Specifications for the Gamecube were actually lower than the Specifications for PS2 and Xbox. Now, what you need to know Wannawii is that the graphics for Wii will rival graphics for the PS3 and the XBox360. Regardless of the countless sites you way visit that say otherwise. Remember when Xbox360 first came out they were saying the same about the graphics that they are saying about the wii. "They are only a little better."
First of all, to see a small improvement in the graphics when a system first launch is normal. The reason Gamecube never reached its true potential is because the low installed base. In order for a company to risk millions of dollars on a system it has to have a good install base, what the gamecube did not have. It the Wii can gain a larger install base than the gamecube, you will see a lot of developers signing on and pushing the Wii to its limits. Nintendo has been making games for over 20 years. Sony and Microsoft, on the other hand has not. Nintendo has enough secrets up it's sleeve to keep sony and microsoft wondering how they do it. Finally give the Wii a rest until Nov 19. and you will see for yourself how different and unique it is compared to the other consoles.

Ketico said:
In the last generation of consoles, the Specifications for the Gamecube were actually lower than the Specifications for PS2 and Xbox. Now, what you need to know Wannawii is that the graphics for Wii will rival graphics for the PS3 and the XBox360. Regardless of the countless sites you way visit that say otherwise. Remember when Xbox360 first came out they were saying the same about the graphics that they are saying about the wii. "They are only a little better."
First of all, to see a small improvement in the graphics when a system first launch is normal. The reason Gamecube never reached its true potential is because the low installed base. In order for a company to risk millions of dollars on a system it has to have a good install base, what the gamecube did not have. It the Wii can gain a larger install base than the gamecube, you will see a lot of developers signing on and pushing the Wii to its limits. Nintendo has been making games for over 20 years. Sony and Microsoft, on the other hand have not. Nintendo has enough secrets up it's sleeve to keep sony and microsoft wondering how they do it. Finally give the Wii a rest until Nov 19. and you will see for yourself how different and unique it is compared to the other consoles.

We have another winner...100 points to the guy with the arrow

xaviermacx said:
We have another winner...100 points to the guy with the arrow

C-c-c-c-combo breaker.

Yeah, the guy who said RE4 was released for the Xbox was a f**king idiot, probably a troll as well. -_-

Back