are the graphics suppose to be good for wii?

paintba||er said:
Omfg the Wii's graphics can't compete with the PS3 and 360's. They will be pretty good but not that good. Wii doesn't even have HD so how can they rival PS3 and 360's graphics?
Um, a hard drive or lack there of has no impact on graphics. You can have the most amazing gaming PC and only have an 80GB hard drive and games will look better than anything on the PS3, Xbox 360 and of course, the Wii.

It's the game developers and the graphics processor that make games look great.

NateTheGreat said:
Um, a hard drive or lack there of has no impact on graphics. You can have the most amazing gaming PC and only have an 80GB hard drive and games will look better than anything on the PS3, Xbox 360 and of course, the Wii.

I think he was talkinf about high def and not hard drive:yesnod:

NateTheGreat said:

Hard drive is HDD. HD is high definition.

i would actully say that red steel graphics kicks ass over any current gen system. to me this looks like high end pc graphics, the shortfall will be the lack of high def, but as long as u hook it up at 480i i think u will be very happy

932528_20060508_screen009.jpg

The graphics are great. I hope they surprise us (like day after Wii comes out: "The Wii supports HD and Rivals the graphics of PS3 and Xbox 360"... just a dream, hope

ANd how can you say that this isn't pretty :D

feature_ss_zelda.jpg

paintba||er said:
Ya it looks pretty good but its not as good as 360 or PS3's graphics.
Depends on what you're watching it on. Say, standard definition the Wii will be pretty much on par with 360 and PS3 (maybe a little worse, but not by much at all - take Marvel Ultimate Alliance for example). But then with the problems with Dead Rising for the 360, on a standard definition set, you'd be looking at a major set back (blured text).

But heck, if we wanted incredibly realistic graphics over gameplay, we would have seen more of the live-action games. However, it never works (too cheesy - take the opening to the original Resident Evil).

COLDshiver said:
ANd how can you say that this isn't pretty :D

feature_ss_zelda.jpg
You're right, those graphics can rival most of the 360/PS3 graphics. And with what's happening to other franchises atm (e.g. Devil May Cry 4 has Nero, pretty much a clone of Dante), Zelda is looking SOO hot. It may well beat Ocarina of Time!

Last edited:
Squall7 said:
But heck, if we wanted incredibly realistic graphics over gameplay, we would have seen more of the live-action games. However, it never works (too cheesy - take the opening to the original Resident Evil).
Shoot, if we really wanted realistic graphics, we would just buy a gaming PC! There are already games on the PC that look better than what the PS3 can do and for those games on PS3 that look better than PC graphics, they won't be unchallenged. 5 months after the PS3 is released, there will inevitibly be a graphics card that will out do it.

I've been checking out the PS3 game videos from IGN's TGS coverage and while they look nice, they all look rather similar and none are that innovative. Plus, PS3 has a horrible controller for FPSs and so most of the FPSs on it won't be that enjoyable.

NateTheGreat said:
Plus, PS3 has a horrible controller for FPSs and so most of the FPSs on it won't be that enjoyable.
Especially after getting used to the Wiimote.

I think FPS will be one of those genres that will be enhanced on the Wii, so much so that it'd be wierd and awkward going back to a game pad to play other FPS.

Likewise, with the steering wheel accessory, I think it will set a new standard in controls.

Paintba||er said:
Most people that have money to spend on a PS3 or 360 are gonna have a HDTV. And if they don't have one then they can just buy a VGA cable and plug it into their computer monitor which almost everyone has and almost all of them are HD.
True, some will, but they don't have it now, and I'm guessing they'll have to wait a bit for their funds to replenish. Either that or get another mortgage. Although, I doubt many people are going to hook up their console to their PC. Kinda removes the point of being able to sit comfortably and play games (unless they have an extremely comfy chair)...

...But ye, I don't see HDTV taking off until the price goes down to be honest.

Last edited:
Saw my mates xbox 360 running on a normal TV, couldn't read the text in a lot of places. On a monitor though it looked amazing. While the systems will look similar in the short term, i think PS3 and 360 will have better in the long term. Red Steel shows that the Wii can produce some pretty impresive graphics just try not to look at Far Cry and all will be good.

Squall7 said:
Especially after getting used to the Wiimote.

I think FPS will be one of those genres that will be enhanced on the Wii, so much so that it'd be wierd and awkward going back to a game pad to play other FPS.

Likewise, with the steering wheel accessory, I think it will set a new standard in controls.

True, some will, but they don't have it now, and I'm guessing they'll have to wait a bit for their funds to replenish. Either that or get another mortgage. Although, I doubt many people are going to hook up their console to their PC. Kinda removes the point of being able to sit comfortably and play games (unless they have an extremely comfy chair)...

...But ye, I don't see HDTV taking off until the price goes down to be honest.
HDTV's will go down with time. its law with electronics, i cant quite remember what it was specifically. but remember the first dvd players? well over £500 now u can get one for £20. HDTV's will soon be a good price. oh and paintba||er, ur arguments are cheap, im gonna get a ps3 when it gets to a decent price but i dont have a HDTV, and squall was right MOST pple DONT have one and if they do, its probably a cheap 15"

Back