Are you going to buy a ps3 because of home?

En4Neo said:
I'm getting a ps3 sometime in 2008 or 2009 for you know things like...games.

I can't miss out on the next Ratchet and Clank, Klonoa, Shadow of Colossus, Zone of the Enders, or Metal Gear Solid game.

I'm hoping my favorite franchises go to the 360(which I hardly ever use BTW)since I already have that, but I don't know if I'll be so lucky.

But as it stands the 360 is coming out with too much of the same games and the Ps3 just might be the thing for me.
you have a 360?
what games
and theres not many sequels coming out
but too human
mass effect
bioshock
are coming out........

I plan on getting a PS3 whenever the price drops like incredibly. It is way to pricy.

Home does seem like a nice feature. Animal Crossing Wii though will completly destroy this if it has tons of amazing features.

700 bucks to play the sims. screw that, and i wouldnt put it past sony to charge for most of the things available.

Wiianator said:
700 bucks to play the sims. screw that, and i wouldnt put it past sony to charge for most of the things available.
where do you crazy people get the idea that the ps3 is $700..........

Sovieto said:

And (not directed at you sovieto, just adding) since when is Home all you get with the PS3? Even if it was $700, which it's not, Home plus everything else the PS3 offers is a fantastic deal. Now my friends who say i should regret buying a PS3 always look embarrassed.

Sovieto said:
you have a 360?
what games
and theres not many sequels coming out
but too human
mass effect
bioshock
are coming out........

bioshock? that some fps? no thanks, I'm tired of those.
too human? looks boring, but i'll wait till reviews.
mass effect? Fable in space, no thanks. Looks awesome though, I'll wait for reviews first.

The 360 isn't bad, it just suffers lack of variety of games like the xbox did and the games outside of that mold tend to be just ok. Also there is no killer ap outside the fps genre. I guess it just needs more color to it and the Ps3 and Wii seem to be offering that.

Last edited:
Sovieto said:
(sorry double posting) but here in chile PS3 is $1300 (dollars) =P

because you need to buy another controller and a ****ing hdmi cable. including tax makes it more than 700 bucks

En4Neo said:
bioshock? that some fps? no thanks, I'm tired of those.
too human? looks boring, but i'll wait till reviews.
mass effect? Fable in space, no thanks. Looks awesome though, I'll wait for reviews first.

The 360 isn't bad, it just suffers lack of variety of games like the xbox did and the games outside of that mold tend to be just ok. Also there is no killer ap outside the fps genre. I guess it just needs more color to it and the Ps3 and Wii seem to be offering that.
oblivion???
saints row?
gears of war?
dead rising?

do you really have a 360....:wtf:

actually, theres not many killer FPSs.......

Last edited:
Wiianator said:
because you need to buy another controller and a ****ing hdmi cable. including tax makes it more than 700 bucks
a mew controller and a hdmi cable are not absolute necessties. well, maybe the hdmi cable...

Sovieto said:
oblivion???
saints row?
gears of war?
dead rising?

do you really have a 360....:wtf:

actually, theres not many killer FPSs.......

Yeah I do.

Saints Row = just a 2nd rate GTA and I hate GTA.
Gears of War = Fun game, but I'm getting tired of the FPS
Dead Rising = Fun game

Oblivion is on the PS3 and PC, not an exclusive so you can't count it. Any way, yes, I find it awesome.

En4Neo said:
Yeah I do.

Saints Row = just a 2nd rate GTA and I hate GTA.
Gears of War = Fun game, but I'm getting tired of the FPS
Dead Rising = Fun game

Oblivion is on the PS3 and PC, not an exclusive so you can't count it. Any way, yes, I find it awesome.
gears isnt a fps, =[
you should get it
what games do you have for the 360?
Ruman said:
a mew controller and a hdmi cable are not absolute necessties. well, maybe the hdmi cable...

no you dont need a hdmi cable either...

Farid said:
(sorry double posting) but here in chile PS3 is $1300 (dollars) =P
edit?

To answer the original post...NO I would not get PS3 because of Home. I have a life and its full of rich, vibrant, people I like to call living human beings. So I don't require the SIM's or anything similiar to that in order to get my jollies. As for the PS3 being worth the price thats a joke...

Back