Back to School

ive never actually skipped an entire day of school, just a class here and there, unless you count faking sick as skipping, lol

i was going through a rough time during that day........i need some alone time to think......thats why i skipped during that day.......-_-

If you leave school premises at my school (well, my old school, last year was my last there) then you get a ticket. One time my three friends walked to one of their houses (which is right down the street) during lunch and a cop saw one of them, so he handcuffed him, took him back to the school, and gave him a $50 fine. He got suspended too though. If you just skip a class then the punishment depends on how many times you have done it during the year. The first time is just a warning, the second time you get suspended for a day, the third time you get suspended for three days, the fourth time you have to do community service, the fifth time they send you to juvie, and the sixth time they expel you.

At the school I'm going to this year they don't punish you for it at all. They will let you walk out. You have one free thing each quarter, so you can skip once each quarter, but for every time you skip after that you lose an attendance credit, and if you lose more than three of them a year you have to pay $50 and do ten hours of community service for each credit you are under the limit.

I've never actually left school premises, but I have skipped a lot of classes to go screw off with my friends. I only got caught once though, and that time I didn't even leave the class. It was in PE class and my friend had recently had brain surgery so he couldn't play football (what the rest of the class was doing) so we went in the gym (the rest of the class was in the field outside) and played basketball. Well, the teacher saw that we weren't there so she marked us truant and wouldn't change it because she didn't believe us.

Frogger said:
I love that, in my school, you can get suspended if you are caught skipping school.

LoL, when I was a freshman I used to skip this one class all the time and just go outside and play wiffle ball with the upper class men. Don't ask me how the teacher never knew I was gone pretty much everyday. Never did anytime for that.

I can't believe summer vacation is almost over and I haven't done a thing besides be bored all the time. I really don't want school to start yet either, but I guess it has to happen sometime.

I am actually looking forward to school. However, I'm certain that after the first day I will absolutely despise it again :yesnod:

^Some of my friends have to read books for advanced english class.

Yet another reason to not take advanced classes :yesnod:

yepp. everyone has to read a book, and then write 5 journal entries based on your response to the book, its basically incredibly easy, but annoying.

and depending on the level of class your on, the teacher can give you more work to do for their class, so say someone in an honors class will have to do the 5 journal entries, along with an essay.

JCpackers05 said:
yepp. everyone has to read a book, and then write 5 journal entries based on your response to the book, its basically incredibly easy, but annoying.

and depending on the level of class your on, the teacher can give you more work to do for their class, so say someone in an honors class will have to do the 5 journal entries, along with an essay.
Ummm.....is that even legal?

i just have to do a book review/book report and it only has to be one page, and im in an 11th grade english class, but im still in 10th grade

Back