brawl character line up.

i used peach once as a joke and realized peach was freakin AMAZING!:yesnod::yesnod: lucas was also like peach used him with a friend cause they were using ness(cant use ness for crap even tho hes basically the same as lucas) and found out i was pretty good with him

i used peach once as a joke and realized peach was freakin AMAZING!:yesnod::yesnod: lucas was also like peach used him with a friend cause they were using ness(cant use ness for crap even tho hes basically the same as lucas) and found out i was pretty good with him

same thing here I use lucas but I cant use ness for no flipin reason and there the same. NO hard feelings but peach is annoying. they sould call here princess icth. I twicth just talking about her *twicth* as much as I hate mario *twich* I feel sorry for him *twicth*

Last edited:
That's why noone ever uses him. No easy projectile spam like Ness or Falco (as ineffective as their spam is, lol), and MOST of his moves have low knockback. Most. His Forward Smash definitely has KO power, and considering it's his slowest move, most people aren't expecting it. Saving it for the right moment makes it a clean KO at around 100% or so, maybe even lower damage if it's not stale. His Down Smash is in the same vote, but it's quicker, hits both sides, is REALLY spammable, and has almost the same KO power as his F-Smash.

With his quick aerials, namely his D-air, he can keep any character off stage and cheap them without needing them to be above 0% damage, even. Just be precise, counter any jump and recovery move they do with a well-timed D-air, and that's a stock instantly lost. It takes a lot of precision and practice to successfully D-air something quick like Marth's Up B, but as with anything that is incredibly good but takes massive skill to use, if you do master it, it can be a piece of the puzzle to a move being broken.

His Up B has multiple uses; it's Vertical knockback when used in midair is actually one of his best KO moves. It has the most knockback of all his aerials, comes out very fast, has a large hitbox, and when used to guard the edge, it can actually kill at 50% on a stage like Yoshi's Story or Final Destination. It's a cheap move, to say the least.

He also has plenty of other moves that have insane "priority", which means if it hits another move, priority determines which move breaks through the other, or if they cancel eachother out. His Neutral B Mach Tornado has one of the highest priorities in the game. Believe it or not, the "whorenado" has almost as much priority as a Falcon Punch. Not to mention it averages about 18%, give Meta Knight crazy good horizontal recovery (alongside his tons of jumps), and is very spammable. It breaks almost every projectile that isn't charged up to high damage, like Samus' Neutral B Charge Shot. And few moves like that are on characters that Meta doesn't utterly destroy with his speed alone.

He's not really light either, with DI (Directional Influence; using the control stick, you can slightly alter the angle a moves launches you at if you're quick. You can't be a pro without mastering it.) he can easily survive powerful KO moves at even 100% or so, if the stage isn't small. Only fresh, powerful KO moves like Snake's U-tilt or Donkey Kong's F-smash are going to off him at percentages a lighter character would normally not stand a chance at.

TL;RD

There's much more to why he's so overpowered, but to summarize what I've said, he's dangerously fast. He can get the cheapest gimp KOs in the game. He has high priority. He has ridiculous recovery (only Pit matches him, really; and Pit's Up B can be stopped with one hit and then he falls, unlike Meta). And to top it all off, he can still KO on the stage with the proper moves.
He'll always be a light character with weak attack power to me.I could never take Meta Knight users seriously. Must be the fact that I'm a Snake user.

He'll always be a light character with weak attack power to me.

like how ikes a friend fighting puffball with hard but slow hits and poor recovery to me too! yeah I hate meta myself *you cheap magot!*

since people seem to notice this thread cuz I am a nobody I have made a group you can join just click on my name and you will see it I will do things once someone joins I am just know it wont get anyone consdering early ones got already more than 3 members but its ok dreams dont always come true all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah Lucas! Hes also a good character minus his pk thunder recovery (Takes too long and is hard too aim when out of camera view). His down smash has a good hit box, his down+A is good (jump off ground and immediately use for mix-ups). His arial PK fire moves horizontal and his final smash consumes most of the stages. He has decent frame advantage over many characters.

Lucas is a poor character, unfortunately. Terrible recovery as you said, medium to light weight, I forget which. He has KO power and projectiles, sure, but his ability to be overpowered or gimped easily just makes him low tier. A good deal of his physical moves are that good in terms of range, either. Some of 'em are easily punished, most notably the most punishable attack in the game; his Up Smash.

He'll always be a light character with weak attack power to me.I could never take Meta Knight users seriously. Must be the fact that I'm a Snake user.

Whenever I fix my Wii up, I'll need to show you what a faggot Meta Knight can be when used properly, lol.

I don't really like tiers either, I believe every character can be amazing. It depends on your skill, but also how you use that character.

I don't really like tiers either, I believe every character can be amazing. It depends on your skill, but also how you use that character.

Well, of course. Anyone who picks their character high off the tier list for the purpose of winning is a bigot. =P Skill is always the determining factor in who wins, both as a player in general via all-around ability, and how good you are with said character.

But at the same time, Brawl's a surprisingly complex game. Tier lists do nothing but average out a character's "match-up potential", which is to say, how often on average they have an advantage when pitted a certain character. For example, Ganondorf doesn't have a single projectile and he's slow; that means most characters with a good projectile, or multiple useful ones (Samus, both Links, etc.), can easily manipulate Ganon into submission with said projectile(s). Since so few characters in the game don't have a good projectile, Ganon's often at a huge disadvantage since he's constantly running into characters he has trouble against. Thus, he's pathetically low on the tier list.

On the other hand, someone like Snake who can rocket across the stage with his DACUS (if you don't know what that is, do ask), camp very easily with his multitude of useful projectiles and trap moves (his Down Smash mine, and Down B C4), as well as great recovery and powerful KO moves, means he has few problems against most weighty characters, speedy and light characters, or projectile-based characters. Since he can handle almost every character and often has advantages against plenty of characters, he's very high on the tier list. Essentially, tier lists are meant to show the potential a character has to be at an advantage/disadvantage on average, higher placement meaning they usually have advantages, lower placement meaning they are often at a disadvantage. No tier list can decide a match's outcome through this, basically.

I could probably explain it simpler, but herpaderp for me. :lol: Hopefully you all get that.

Well, of course. Anyone who picks their character high off the tier list for the purpose of winning is a bigot. =P Skill is always the determining factor in who wins, both as a player in general via all-around ability, and how good you are with said character.

But at the same time, Brawl's a surprisingly complex game. Tier lists do nothing but average out a character's "match-up potential", which is to say, how often on average they have an advantage when pitted a certain character. For example, Ganondorf doesn't have a single projectile and he's slow; that means most characters with a good projectile, or multiple useful ones (Samus, both Links, etc.), can easily manipulate Ganon into submission with said projectile(s). Since so few characters in the game don't have a good projectile, Ganon's often at a huge disadvantage since he's constantly running into characters he has trouble against. Thus, he's pathetically low on the tier list.

On the other hand, someone like Snake who can rocket across the stage with his DACUS (if you don't know what that is, do ask), camp very easily with his multitude of useful projectiles and trap moves (his Down Smash mine, and Down B C4), as well as great recovery and powerful KO moves, means he has few problems against most weighty characters, speedy and light characters, or projectile-based characters. Since he can handle almost every character and often has advantages against plenty of characters, he's very high on the tier list. Essentially, tier lists are meant to show the potential a character has to be at an advantage/disadvantage on average, higher placement meaning they usually have advantages, lower placement meaning they are often at a disadvantage. No tier list can decide a match's outcome through this, basically.

I could probably explain it simpler, but herpaderp for me. :lol: Hopefully you all get that.

Perfect explaination.

now thats what im talking about!!

Heh... I remember when I had brawl. My friend would always use Ganon and wed be like, "Mike, he sucks, your NOT gonna win". But he stuck with it. A year later his Ganon is a force to be reckoned with. Goes to show that Tier list show so much. Id like to see Ganon get some buffs though. Maybe shorter neutral B attack time, bigger hit box, more original moves (hes still a falcon clone). Or if he has to be slow, give him normals that cancel out non charged or unchargable projectiles( make it slow though), give the guy a teleport, or a counter. His final smash is good (nearly impossible to doge with some characters). Give the guy some good mixups. ID main him then.

Also: has ANYONE EVER met a good game & watch player? I havent.....

Oh yeah, I know it was a glitch in melee, but BRING BACK WAVE DASHING. That was a tool that separate the good from the not so good in the tournament scenes and made things interesting. Unfortunately Smash isnt respected as a Fighting game by many and is simply dubbed a party game for kids.....

(hes still a falcon clone)

Also: has ANYONE EVER met a good game & watch player? I havent.....

Oh yeah, I know it was a glitch in melee, but BRING BACK WAVE DASHING. That was a tool that separate the good from the not so good in the tournament scenes and made things interesting. Unfortunately Smash isnt respected as a Fighting game by many and is simply dubbed a party game for kids.....

FALCON CLONE?! Does not compute. This isn't melee anymore; and even back then, he wasn't a clone. Similar looking moves =/= the same move. The only true, absolute clones were Roy and Marth in melee, and even then they still played drastically differently because of the tipper/center blade mechanics their attacks used (hence why Marth has been consistently high/top in Melee AND Brawl, while Roy was always Low).

G&W is top tier, ya know. He's a lethal character, truly his own flaw being he's the second(?) lightest character in the game. Even then, his empty bucket can save him from nigh-any KO. If you don't know, whenever you bring out the bucket, all movement and knockback, including crazy-powerful knockback like Ike's Forward Smash, is 99% cancelled out. So long as you're quick enough, you can survive anything until you're like, at 200%. But even then, you'll still need a powerful move to throw him offscreen really quickly.

And yeah, I've known only a few G&W mains, but they were scary-good. His playstyle is very unique, so it's impossible to pick 'em up and just be good. But his KO power, survivability (as described above =P), priority, recovery, and multitude of different useful and quirky moves make him insanely dangerous in the hands of a good player. Easily one of the best characters that isn't broken tier (Snake is still in debate about being broken... .-.).

No, no wave dashing. It's not even a major tech anymore, few people seem to understand this unless they themselves are melee tournyists, lol. L-canceling and dash dancing are really the only techniques still used by every player from back in the day, and they're simply necesarry. Few characters get seriously good use out of WDing, like Luigi; or if you're a serious pro, multishines and the like. Wave dashing wouldn't work at all in Brawl's slow pace, and since SSB4 is going to get a mechanics overall like always, it probably wouldn't work there anyways, IMO.

EDIT: Oh, and WDing is NOT a glitch. It's been stated time and again by Sakurai himself it was an intended mechanic of Melee. It did originate as a glitch, but they caught it early in development, and actually left it in as an advanced tech.

Last edited:
i cant seem to control that down attack at all lol i should play online course ill probably suck havent played in ages :sick::sick:

G&W is top tier, ya know. He's a lethal character, truly his own flaw being he's the second(?) lightest character in the game. Even then, his empty bucket can save him from nigh-any KO. If you don't know, whenever you bring out the bucket, all movement and knockback, including crazy-powerful knockback like Ike's Forward Smash, is 99% cancelled out. So long as you're quick enough, you can survive anything until you're like, at 200%. But even then, you'll still need a powerful move to throw him offscreen really quickly.

And yeah, I've known only a few G&W mains, but they were scary-good. His playstyle is very unique, so it's impossible to pick 'em up and just be good. But his KO power, survivability (as described above =P), priority, recovery, and multitude of different useful and quirky moves make him insanely dangerous in the hands of a good player. Easily one of the best characters that isn't broken tier

YEAH G&W mains I see spam the down-air I get annoyed and the 9 hammer too! those are abused by n00bs and are far beyond cheap. there totally for n00bs abuse use catagory

wacth out for magot spamers homieG.
images

Last edited by a moderator:
Back