brawl character line up.

Never used Falcon. My Falcon punch timing was garbage. Plus he was a bit too fast for my play style. He had a good spike and great normals though.

... Falcon had a great nothing really, lol. His only good move is up Up Air, seriously. :lol: There's no "timing" for a falcon punch, either. You just have to hope they flinch and dodge roll into it, or sidestep while you're directly in front of them. A move that slow doesn't really have any strategy but sheer luck and preying on someone's stupidity. xD The poor guy's Bottom Tier for good reason, really.

Oh, how I miss the days of melee, when the knee was just-plain deadly, and you really could land a falcon punch combo, if you're a mother ****in' pro.

Explain. I've never seen a diddy character online.

Null and void his opinion, nothing is cheap but Meta, lol.

A pro Diddy Kong is a pain in the ass, though. You know his bananas he spawns from his Down B, right? That's the only reason why he's top tier. He can do ridiculous things you'd never imagine until you saw it done. First of all, getting hit with a banana peel (randomly spawned item or his, they're exactly the same), deals a tiny bit of damage is a guaranteed trip. When someone is tripped, there's a short amount of time they can't do ANYTHING. This leads Diddy to utilize the easiest truly unavoidable combos in the game. Throwing a banana to a grab and then throw, a smash, a tilt, a "banana lock", a "jab lock", the possibilities are huge, and there's ALWAYS one for any situation. Items are banned in tournaments for a reason; since Diddy can spawn two of a dangerous item at one time, this makes him something fierce. Not broken, but fierce.

He can also utilize multiple different "advance techniques", or techs, using the bananas. As I mentioned earlier, here's an example of a banana lock.

[video=youtube;fqktvco-YKg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqktvco-YKg&feature=related[/video]

Yeah, Metaknight would be proud. That video above is using the "glide toss", which pushes Diddy in the direction of your choice by ****ing with game mechanics (the wavedash of Brawl, essentially). If you give a **** about it, study up here (glide tossing can be used with ANY item and almost any character, btw). If not, this video's nothing new.

[video=youtube;zDtdmdkzaro]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDtdmdkzaro[/video]

There's also a "super" version of the glide toss, shown here @ 0:35, G&W glide tossing and then using oil panic to just be a dick. Can't find much details on it for some reason, though... Diddy can do this whenever he has a banana, sort of like Snake's epic DACUS going across more than half of Final Destination.

[video=youtube;EhqtIrdRZ8o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhqtIrdRZ8o[/video]

And there's a lot more Diddy can do. He's top tier because those bananas can cause some serious havoc. Without them he's barely mid-tier, but with them he has a reliable projectile, approach, combo tech, etc. etc. He can even Z-drop gimp with them for god's sake, lol. A good Diddy player is about as much hell as it is to play an epic Meta, a dedicated camper Snake, or a Falco who does nothing but spam lasers until you **** up an approach, and the Falco player can then punish the mistake.

Dont get me started on Omar. Combining pikimin attacks with normals make for insane lockdown. Pikmin also increase his hit box. His Up+B also works good on recovery.

Wow! I never seemed to notice how awesome Diddy Kong was. I knew he and his banana peels were good, but never realised they were that good.

Dont get me started on Omar. Combining pikimin attacks with normals make for insane lockdown. Pikmin also increase his hit box. His Up+B also works good on recovery.

No idea what "lockdown" means to ya, but Cheapimar is nothing without his Pikmin. Problem is, he always has his Pikmin...

He's one of the easiest in the game to gimp, since his UpB is a tether and he has no horizontal recovery like Zamus does, for example. But all he needs is his broken grab range (it's almost as long as the longest in the game, while having a constant hitbox and no drawback in terms of cooldown or being left vulnerable in general; it's spammable too), his spammable smashes which are both fast and powerful, etc. etc. If he had a reliable projectile or wasn't as easy to gimp, he'd be at least high-high tier, if not top. I hate 'em. =/ If PrinceLink was still around, he could attest to how much I despise his main.

"Idle bananas are the devils playground"

I lol'd.

Back