Brawl Tournament

No, there's no tournament here, just a lot of people discussing whether we should ban stages or not. In fact, I can't be bothered to be in here, this is more boring than listening to Leona Lewis.

LOL freaking +1 . u know half of these ppl aren't even in the tourney, they just came here to complain about stages they personally don't like. How fair is that?? Plus, this has already been done by people much more skilled than us on Smashboards. I mean, we could be using their list and just vote to make minor changes to it, instead of voting on every single stage, which will take 1000 years. it's ridiculous to go through all this just for one little single-elimination tourney, where half the people won't even get past round 1, assuming more than 6 ppl show up, which is doubtful considering the tourney doesn't start till LATE MARCH at the earliest. i'm 3 seconds away from ditching

Wow... way to suck the fun out of it guys. What's wrong with voting on every stage anyways when the tournament is still a month away? Would it be less boring to not discuss anything? It's not like there's any hurry. SR-71, there's only two people posting in the thread about stage bans that aren't in the tournament. They are SSBfreakCK and bokenman. But even so, there's nothing wrong with offering an opinion about stage bans even if you're not in it, especially in CK's case because he provides lots of detail and logical reasoning. He doesn't get a vote though because he's not in the tournament. What's unfair about that? I think you guys should chill out.

Ban on Warioware

Yes: 4
No: 0

Ban on Norfair

yes: 3
no: 1

I say no to banning norfair but banning Warioware HELL YES&IM IN ALOT OF PAIN!!!
I fell today and hurt one of my fingers so I will not be playing my best as it might be broken.(might even have to drop out the tournament depending on how good I play)

I was in the tournament, but I have quit. I'd rather actually play the game then discuss which stages should be banned.

Last edited:
I was in the tournament, but I have quit. I'd rather actually play the game then discuss which stages should be banned.

ur right, i'm quitting as well. since this tourney was announced I have joined 6 online tournaments on Smashboards, and 5 of them have started. 1 is finished, and 2 of them have already completed round 2. also the ppl are cool and experienced there. anyone serious about brawling feel free to follow me to Smashboards (only if you're cool); a tourney called "All Fired Up" is accepting entrants here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=218849 you can only use characters that involve fire xD and there are several others if you can't get in that one, just keep checking here: http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

Last edited:
Norfair-
Yes: 5
No: 1 as I changed my mind after thinking about it as being throw into the lava waves is unfair and spiking an opponent into lava is unfair as it should of been a KO, also a little thing I noticed is you could UP-B into the lava waves if your stupid enough to do it and keep going up and escaping fights but I don't think anybody would that.

Woah, I didn't mean anyone else had to quit. I'm just a bit bored, that's all.

naw i was gonna quit anyway. im bored too, statistics show that 90% of super smash bros players have ADD :eek:

p.s. i just played a tournament match on Norfair LOL
it was intense

Last edited:
naw i was gonna quit anyway. im bored too, statistics show that 90% of super smash bros players have ADD :eek:

o_O Seriously? ..Wow.

You didn't need to quit though, it's not like you have to vote. Quitting when you could wait for the tourny later on isn't a bad idea, yeah? It's not like you have to give up all the other tournies you joined.

I'm actually with you on the singularly voting on every stage though, it's taking quite a while. While it's not like it's going to take months, we could simply take a stage ban list from somewhere else and modify it. We could even take the ban list from Wiichat's previous tourny and use it.

I'm sure we'd all be happier if the tourny started sooner, that's just my opinion on this though. It's completely up to Shadow ofcourse, I just thought I'd throw out my input. I'm just saying modifying an old list or just using it would probably be much less time consuming, and over periods of time people become demotivated after all, two people have left the tourny.

i would have done the "use the old list" idea but that entire tournament was deleted with the rest of the wiichat stuff.

Here use these STAGES!!!!!

Battle
Final Des
Smashville
Yoshis Island
Lylat
Japes
Pokemon Stadium 2

And leave it at that.

Maybe

Luigis Mansion
Spear Pillar