Broken things are broken - welcome to 2008

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
Hey guys,

Sorry for the downtime this last week.. it's been quite an eventful start to 2009 that's for sure...

At the beginning of last week we suffered some serious technical issues, mainly one of the server's hard drives decided to die..

Annoying yes, but it should have been easily rectified. Well, to cut a long story short we've lost a fair bit of data.. the database backups that i had been keeping had somehow become corrupt and i've ended up spending the best part of the week trying to salvage as much as possible.

So, a lot of you will have lost posts and other information, i'm really sorry about that and can only add that we now have measures in place to guarantee that such a catastrophic failure for backups never happens again.

We are now on a new hosting setup - previously we've had a lot of database lagging and errors at peak times, over the next few days that will be ironed out as our new server home is adapted to better suit our needs.

(previous hosting setup was far from ideal).

There's a lot of broken stuff stylistically too.. i decided to use the downtime to upgrade the forum and give us a fresh new look for 2009.

Also the usual goodies will be returning over the next few hours and i'll be working round the clock to iron out the other bugs.

On the plus side, the forum homepage has been completely re-done and will act as a hub for daily wii news and a round-up of the best from the forum.

There's still a lot to do so i'll check in here later tonight..

Hopefully there's still a few guys around here to reply :ee5k:

i0n, could you please change my name to Destiny?

Awesome, man. And how come we can't have avatars?

Yeah, I just uploaded mine.

Anyways, are you gonna be active from now on? Just curious.

Just to keep myself up-to-date... I'd love it if my name could be changed to:

Gikoku Harakami

.. ... all my accomplishments.. ): .. they've now vanished like a weak fart. poor SOTW. Oh well, Ditto on Mikey's advice... **** happens.. major **** happens.

Yeah there's a lot to do over the next few days, stay tuned for some new goodies :)

hey, take your time bro, no hurry

just make sure things are smooth and sexy, dont rush things

also, if its not much to ask, could the "93" be taken away from my name? its always sorta bugged me, if not, thats cool

hope the site is 100% soon!

Just to keep myself up-to-date... I'd love it if my name could be changed to:

Gikoku Harakami

.. ... all my accomplishments.. ): .. they've now vanished like a weak fart. poor SOTW. Oh well, Ditto on Mikey's advice... **** happens.. major **** happens.

done :)

i0n, are you gonna have new moderators?

Yeah amongst other things. Over the past 12 months the forum has kinda been drifting away from Wii discussion and focus. Gonna try and bring that back.

keep the post counts off from under the avatars. its much better that way IMO. also i couldnt log in. i had to request a password reset. whats up with that?

Lol, do that. Just don't take away the Lounge, please.

Anyway, not trying to be rude here. But if you ever need a Moderator, I'm for hire.

Lol, do that. Just don't take away the Lounge, please.

Anyway, not trying to be rude here. But if you ever need a Moderator, I'm for hire.

Edit: accidental double post.

Back