Why MetaKnight (MK) is the most Broken Character in SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm... Im not really understanding here... Why do you think Meta is broken? Just because a player is good, and he can be played with in a style that makes him nye untouchable, save for grabs, doesnt make them broken. If you get good enough with any character, any pro will tell you... They can seem just as broken as Meta. It depends on the character, and how you play with them. Why do most people choose Meta in the tournaments? Is it because they want to win? The answer simply is yes. But its not the reason you think. Let me explain. Meta is used by players who want to keep on keeping on attacking. Aggro players, if you will. and it just so happnes that his moveset incorporates this "untouchable" power that he seems to have. He is most widely picked bc he is the easiest to do that with for aggro players. Other characters, like Ganon, Luigi, Zelda, what have you, can be played with that same "untouchable" power that Meta has, it just depends on the character, and usually, you cannot play aggro with them to get the untouchable effect bc their moves do not have priority and everything else that Meta does. But, they can still be just as good as Meta, if not better.

All im saying is, you think Meta is broken, he is not. He is made to be played the way he gets played. By aggro all out psycho attack people. Trust me, if your like me, and you like to wait and take your time, not just rush into a fight like some crack driven monkey (lol Diddy Kong reference) then you will prolly suck with Meta, just as I do. But I have no reason to want him banned or looked at as overpowered, simply bc his playing style allows most spastic players to get very very good with him very very fast.

You see, at times I really want to accept that argument, but time and time over again I just can't see it being valid--I keep realizing that is just doesn't cut it. It all comes down to Meta Knight having the best advantage over any other character--and by far. He can toss around a character and kill them in their 30s because he is equipped with moves that can knock back far off the edge and still land on-stage with ease, as well as pull of an edge-guard with little to no risk at all (even if the edge is grabbed, he has means to get right back on stage). The other characters you mentioned simply don't have what he does. And even if they do, it's to a small extent and such an advantage is made highly risky in order to balance the gameplay.

To think that the best character in the game is not broken in this case (Meta Knight in SSBB) is, in my opinion, a close-minded or even biased opinion. There has to be a "best" in every game to some degree, but Meta Knight goes overboard, coming only slightly close to the next best, Snake (who is also broken, who says there can only be one broken character in a game?).

When you say that Meta Knight has easily accessible "aggro moves" and is thus able to rack easy damage THANKS TO HIS PRIORITY, etc., you are giving the reasons in which I believe he is broken. No other character has access to moves with such a high combination of priority, range, and speed.

If you know anything about Ike's forward aerial attack, it has immense range, good power and knockback, and some lag. If it had say even just 10% less lag, 10% more range, 10% and more power and knockback, the move itself would probably be considered broken (I brough up broken aspects of certain moves earlier).

Meta Knight ALWAYS has his high priority, range, and speed, so all of his moves fall under being exceedingly overworked.

And yes, I know that any character--even Ganondorf--can be just as good as a pro Meta Knight, but that just goes back to the concept of being able to be beaten no matter how broken a character is, so long as they are not actually IMMUNE to losing a stock. Yes, it's possible that a pro Ganondorf can be a pro Meta Knight. Chances are that the pro Ganondorf got really lucky, his playing style was "strong against" the particular player's style or strategy, or that his skill level was simply much larger. Realistically, it would have to be a huge chunk of each--but nonetheless, it's possible, I know.

Last edited:
Yes, its possible. But I your still missing the boat on everything else I said. Meta's playing style is meant for aggro players, and it so happens that playing him in the aggro style will make him damn near invincible. Any other character can do that. Given, as I stated in my post before, it depends on their playing style specifically catered to that character in order to pull out their full potential. And the reasons you just gave arent really proving hes broken at all... ROB can much more easily kill off stage guard and get back safely at 10% damage if you get the chance.

Yes, its possible. But I your still missing the boat on everything else I said. Meta's playing style is meant for aggro players, and it so happens that playing him in the aggro style will make him damn near invincible. Any other character can do that. Given, as I stated in my post before, it depends on their playing style specifically catered to that character in order to pull out their full potential. And the reasons you just gave arent really proving hes broken at all... ROB can much more easily kill off stage guard and get back safely at 10% damage if you get the chance.

I understood what you said and meant the first time, actually. The thing is, Meta Knight is able to "play aggro" with such ease--attacking defensively is his best trait. In short, he is equipped with traits and moves that allow for bouncing around his opponent while taking little to no punishment at all. Others can "play aggro" and have potential, but it requires a lot more skill and luck. While you can simply flick buttons with Meta Knight in the air, you have to work much harder to achieve the same state with any other character.

And yes, ROB has a good off-stage game as well, but this alone doesn't constitute to him being comparable with meta knight.

Ok, but what you said somewhat contradicts yourself, and further proves my point. You said you agree that Meta is playable with Aggro style, which follows up to his so called "invulnerable" state. The same is true with other characters, you just have to play to the style that caters theyre abilities. So in short, you simply restated what I just said... You didnt rebuddle the arguement whatsoever.

Basically, you agreed with my views on why Meta isnt broken. And no, i disagree, he is not the best character. I agree that he is the easiest to use and the quickest to get very good with thanks to his head on built in aggro style, but the greatest? No way. Ive seen many tourneys where very good talented players 3 stock the spastic Meta's that roam the bottom matches. Usually in a tournament, you will see that many players choose Meta, but when it comes down to the top 8 or less, usually only 1 Meta remains, and that is someone who is actually skilled with him. Its just like when any game comes out, and people think their is a best character. Its wrong, there is never a best character. Their are only characters that seem the best bc they cater the easiest to the needs of the largest majority of gamers.

Ok, but what you said somewhat contradicts yourself, and further proves my point. You said you agree that Meta is playable with Aggro style, which follows up to his so called "invulnerable" state. The same is true with other characters, you just have to play to the style that caters theyre abilities. So in short, you simply restated what I just said... You didnt rebuddle the arguement whatsoever.

Basically, you agreed with my views on why Meta isnt broken. And no, i disagree, he is not the best character. I agree that he is the easiest to use and the quickest to get very good with thanks to his head on built in aggro style, but the greatest? No way. Ive seen many tourneys where very good talented players 3 stock the spastic Meta's that roam the bottom matches. Usually in a tournament, you will see that many players choose Meta, but when it comes down to the top 8 or less, usually only 1 Meta remains, and that is someone who is actually skilled with him. Its just like when any game comes out, and people think their is a best character. Its wrong, there is never a best character. Their are only characters that seem the best bc they cater the easiest to the needs of the largest majority of gamers.

I haven't contradicted myself one bit, rather, you have misconstrued what I said (I would notice the contradiction if I actually meant your interpretation/the way it was typed then say "oh wait, you're right, he's NOT broken!,", which I DON'T believe).

Everyone has the ability to aggro--so what. Everyone has the ability to grab; anyone who is in the game can grab. In fact, lacking a "grab" would make versing that character or being that character awkward--its simply part of the main gameplay. Any character can jump at another and attempt a hit, the success rate depends on the player first, then the character they pick. Meta Knight, in the end, is equipped to easily damage while staying safe and throw around his opponents about the stage, racking about heaps of damage thanks to the majority of characters--regardless of who--being helpless. Again, I haven't agreed with your viewpoint, just because I thought one of your points was partially valid and already believed in the true part of your statement before you even made it doesn't mean I have agreed with you in that Meta Knight in fact isn't broken.

Meta Knight is COMPLETELY broken. :yesnod::yesnod::yesnod::yesnod::yesnod::yesnod:

Your failing to explain how Meta kinght is broken at all. Every single character can play just as good, if not better, than Meta. I dont understand where your going with this, bc your honestly providing no valid points on reasons why he is broken that i cant rebuddle against and prove wrong.

Your failing to explain how Meta kinght is broken at all. Every single character can play just as good, if not better, than Meta. I dont understand where your going with this, bc your honestly providing no valid points on reasons why he is broken that i cant rebuddle against and prove wrong.

I'm not going to repeat information that is already in the post, read what's already there, and then talk to me. I have spent too much time explaining, at least quote where I "went wrong" and try and disprove my claim, it's all there. As a bonus, I'll know you read it.

the most "broken" character is ike. meta is normal, nothing wrong with him

meta has the most priority and attack options than all the cast in ssbb thus making him the BEST character to play with.

strength is nothing. all that matters is the charater who can easily outclass others

Metaknight is not a broken character and he can be beaten because I have beaten the very best players who have played with metaknight. It's not the character that is broken but the player.

Metaknight is not a broken character and he can be beaten because I have beaten the very best players who have played with metaknight. It's not the character that is broken but the player.

Please define who you qualify as "the best MK" players, because if you are just talking about your friends as opposed to actual tournament-material players, then that last line you have said is complete fail... Not only that but accomplishing that feat would qualify you as one of the top players in the world, which I am probably guessing you are'nt. Please make a valid arguement then continue.

-___-....who your friends that seem good with mk?

Best metas are m2k, anti, holy,..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back