chachs official Resident Evil 4 hints and questions Thread

the red9 is the best hand gun, and
the striker is the best shotgun (it's exlusive is 100 round capacity!!)

LevesqueIsKing said:
EDIT: I was told not to buy the Riot Gun and to scrap the Punisher for the Red9.

yeah, sell the punisher, but buy the riot gun, it doesnt make much difference, besides, u dont get the striker till much farther in the game.

Last edited:
Hey, I've got some dirty jewelry and I was wondering if I should get rid of it or if you can somehow clean it later in the game? I know, I know, I could have stopped it from getting dirty. I know that now, I didn't back then.

I'm just getting sick of seeing it xD, but I didn't want to regret selling it if you can somehow clean it later.

I was actually kind of hoping I could get rid of it xD Its just been sitting there, like a reminder of how much of a noob I am. Its disappointing xD

hi hoping someone can help me out, im on the bit were the monster with the arms coming out the wall and the little man in the pod thingy, ive hit him loads of times with shotgun which is powered up top level but it seems to be taking ages, i have to keep killing the spiders too top up any advice?

You have to shoot Salazar.
There will be specific moments where the "pod" will open up.
To get it to open, you have to shoot the eye on the monster.
Only hitting the eye will hurt him. He will taunt you if you miss.

When shooting Salazar, the shotgun would not be the wisest choice as a weapon. The shotgun is best for close combat. If you don't have a rocket launcher on hand, the rifle would be your best best.

I'd use the handgun/red9 when shooting the eye.
The TMP is also good.

With the arm that throws you down.
Shoot it immediately, and you shouldn't have the probelm of gettiing thrown down to the lower level.

I find it best to stand just to the right of the ladder.

Back