Christians

coolsmile said:
You know what I'm saying... [size=-5]Idiot :)[/size]

Here is the sorce that you asked for ;)
No, I don't know what you're talking about and you've given me what looks like a religion-biased site. But anyway, could you just give me the gist of what you're talking about.

*EDIT* Missed the "idiot" at the end of your statement, for it was written in white. If I'm an idiot, so was Jesus. Guess you need labels to help you sleep at night. I doubt Jesus ever used that word, even against his greatest enemies.

coolsmile said:
The truth I'm talking about it the absolute truth of god. Not the truth that others want to beleive :hand:
Where spicificly in the bible, the old testament, does it say "Jesus loves you?"
I'm guessing what you'll give me something that could be interpreted as saying Jesus loves me. Also, where does it say in the bible "Take this book literally?" How do you know God isn't only speaking metaphorically?

coolsmile said:
Umm, it isn't exactly a myth...
Yeah...that's what I was saying. It's based on true floods of the time, but logically, it isn't possible to get two of every single animal that we currently have today onto one large ship and even if it were possible, you can believe some of those would have died during the flood because you couldn't feed all of them.

coolsmile said:
Just curious, what are your views on your religion? :confused:
I have a religion? Last time I checked, I didn't. If you're wondering, I'm not atheist as that says there is nothing after death, which I find well...kind of dull, though I don't find the Christian heaven/hell intriguing either, a.k.a. I'm not interested in going to either. If there is some religion that is somewhat based in logic/relativism and yet, leaves an open question to what happens after death and why things are they are right now, then maybe that's what I'd be, but I don't like parameters either. Vague enough, I'm sure.:D I know I'm not into yes/no/good/bad/right/wrong/black/white beliefs; grey is where I like to be.

Last edited:
The only problem with that is religion is about faith :(. You aren't going to find a religion on logic. But you can support religion with logic :). Oh well, that's your view and I respect that ^_^. Oh well :)...

coolsmile said:
The only problem with that is religion is about faith :(. You aren't going to find a religion on logic. But you can support religion with logic :). Oh well, that's your view and I respect that ^_^. Oh well :)...
Support relgion with logic, i am intrigued as to how that works?

coolsmile said:
Right because religion is based in faith, or the belief/support of something that usually can't be proven with facts and logic. I'm not saying that's a bad thing. That's the point of many religions! Would the Noah's Arc story be that interesting if it weren't world-encompassing, if it didn't involve all the animals in the world being put on a boat? Of course not. Same with Adam and Eve (I know you'll soon start a thread on that versus the theory of evolution, emphasis on theory), would it be that amazing if it just said a man and woman did it, the end? No. It's way more sensational to say they were the first, there was a talking snake, and on and on. There's nothing wrong with believing that.

Personally though, it doesn't do anything for me and also, I don't believe in it.

Oh and one more thought. If we were all Christians, I mean every single person in the entire world, Christianity would cease to exist. There must be an option.

Another Watts quote about this:

"If you awaken from this illusion, and you understand that black implies white, self implies other, life implies death - or shall I say, death implies life - you can conceive yourself."

Last edited:
Interesting subject that opposites imply eachother. Opposites aren't true opposites because they wil always have something in common :)

Saying that, if only christians existed, the idea christianity wouldn't seize to exists. That would be saying since we all eat, eating seizes to exist. :hand:
Yet, opposites do imply, 100% of one doesn't cancel out itself it cancels out the opposite.

Without good there is no evil, without evil there is no good. This quote is based on realitivity. Good and evil are realitive and so are colors. God and Christianity aren't realitive

coolsmile said:
Interesting subject that opposites imply eachother. Opposites aren't true opposites because they wil always have something in common :)
Um...you just basicly proved me right. Thanks, I guess.

coolsmile said:
Saying that, if only christians existed, the idea christianity wouldn't seize to exists. That would be saying since we all eat, eating seizes to exist. :hand:
You're missing my point. You don't go around trying to convert people into becoming "eaters" do you? We all eat, sure we have a choice to starve ourselves but to survive we must consume food. There is no United-NonEaters-of-the-World, is there?
coolsmile said:
Yet, opposites do imply, 100% of one doesn't cancel out itself it cancels out the opposite.
^Come again?

coolsmile said:
Without good there is no evil, without evil there is no good. This quote is based on realitivity.
No, that's not based on relativity, that's based on logic. You can't have one without the other.
coolsmile said:
Good and evil are realitive and so are colors.
Now ^that is based on relativity. I agree, good and evil are relative. Colors...not so much. Sure, some people see colors a bit differently, like some people see red as pink and some have color blindness, but most will agree this sentence is written in green of some shade or style.

coolsmile said:
God and Christianity aren't realitive
You're kidding, right? Both are relative. What God and Christianity may mean to you obviously means something else to me; fact and myth, respectively when talking about the Christian God. God means different things to a number of Christians as well.

Had another realization just occur to me thanks to Watts' following quote:

"In other words, a person who is fanatic in matters of religion, and clings to certain ideas about the nature of God and the universe, becomes a person who has no faith at all."

If you really had faith in god and all that, you wouldn't feel the need to go around trying to prove his/her/its existence through science and logic to everyone (and yourself), you would simply believe without question.

Last edited:
kissoff182 said:
No, they shouldn't be having sex, but it's NOT that simple. Some 15 and 16-year-olds DO have sex.

You never answered my question... do you really want these people to pass it on to their little ones, even if it's indirectly, that it's okay to have sex at such a young age because abortion will take care of it?
I never once said that. I am PROLIFE ABORTION IS NOT O.K. TO PASS ON TO ANYBODY YOUNG OR MARRIED!
I am prolife and to me if you get pregnant at any age abortion should never be an option. I see this issue very black and white there is no grey area for me. No sex until you are ready to take on the consequences for your actions.

Last edited:
trishj said:
I am prolife and to me if you get pregnant at any age abortion should never be an option. I see this issue very black and white there is no grey area for me. No sex until you are ready to take on the consequences for your actions.
You do realize there are plenty of married couples that have abortions too, right?

The way some people preceive christianity is realitive. The beleif that there is a god and christianity exists is absolute ;)

And saying that I have 100% of good doesn't mean that there is good or evil, it's saying that there is no evil :)

coolsmile said:
The way some people preceive christianity is realitive. The beleif that there is a god and christianity exists is absolute ;)
For Christians yes, I agree.

coolsmile said:
And saying that I have 100% of good doesn't mean that there is good or evil, it's saying that there is no evil :)
Hmm, still a bit confused by that statement. Good can only exist if there is an evil to compare it to.

NateTheGreat said:
You do realize there are plenty of married couples that have abortions too, right?
I do not condone abortion for anyone single or married. Kissoff182 misunderstood me. I certainly would never want 15 year old to use it as a form of birth control.

trishj said:
I do not condone abortion for anyone single or married. Kissoff182 misunderstood me. I certainly would never want 15 year old to use it as a form of birth control.
Ah, I see. Your entitled to your opinions, not that I'm trying to shut you up.:)

Last edited:
coolsmile said:
Jesus on the other hand is god in human form, which we don't know what he looked like.

On the god 3 in 1 issue. We don't understand because god knows all :). If you think about it, since he knows everything, and he created common sence, of course it would make sence. It doesn't to us because, well we're humans

If Jesus was God in human form, who was he praying to?
Do Jesus and God have equal knowledge and power but just have a different form?

Skippy said:
If Jesus was God in human form, who was he praying to?
Jesus is God in human form but hes God the son. He was praying to God the Father.

And abortion is wrong because it is just like killing an already born person. Just because its still in wound doesn't mean it's not a person. So in a away abortion is murder

whatthefreak said:
Jesus is God in human form but hes God the son. He was praying to God the Father.

Back