Christians

Tank, i couldent agree more with pretty much everything you said. This is what i was trying to say earlyer about the ten comendments. It seems all religions have a similar theme of "don't harm others" etc. as we can plainly see in the ten comandments and in the nobel eightfold paths. I definatly think it is a possibility that religions in general are just a way of keeping order and happiness amoung humans. But then this brings up the point of holy wars. An obvious flaw in this theory of order. But as you stated in the begining, there is just no proof of anything and i too am not a believer in blind faith. This is why i am currently agnostic.
p.s. love the referance to hitchhickers guide!! GREAT books/movie lol

match002001 said:
Okay I'm not going to read the entire thread I'm going to make my point from the original post.

Believe what you want I don't f-ing care, you can believe there is a god or just don't. The point is that what you believe in makes you feel right then believe in it. If you feel as though the system is flawed in ways that you can explain that do that.

this world was [not created, whether or not by god or science, to believe in what you want to believe.

Do I sound like a hippy yet?

Either that was a bad typo or you are the world's biggest retard.

(brawny) Do you get Christmas presents? Do you get chocolate for Easter? If anyone should be complaining it is Christians for other people pirateing (sp?) our two most important holidays. BTW, the calendar is off by a couple years.
wtf are you on about? christmas was a pagan festival idiot, and christians took it for their own.

Yeah I know, it was actually Constantine and the holiday was the birthday of the sun god. It isn't the actual date but the idea that is being ignored.

NateTheGreat said:
How do you know which parts are supposed to be interpreted symbolic and which are to be taken literally? Ah yes, you can't. It says no where in the bible "take this literally" nor "take this all metaphorically." So, what if I believed the bible was nothing but metaphorical? Would that make me any less Christian (if I was, that is)?

Look up the word parabal(sp) and you will know which to take litterally and which to take figuratively. Most of the bible is literal.

AND CAN EVERYONE STOP SAYING APPLE. OMGOSH it never said apple in the bible, it says SEED. And both adam and eve partook of the seed. Seed, from the greek text is Sperma, SPERM. Adam and eve both ****ed satan and they were both punished for it. That is why Cain was evil because it was part of Satans sperm.

And asking for forgiveness is something of a human nature, he wants you to repent and you shall be forgiven. To repent is to wholey and fully understand your wrong, and have a change of heart. Sin is human nature, nobody is perfect and if you commit sin, it does not mean you will go to hell. If you follow satan when he comes down from heaven, then you will follow him to your death, if you follow jesus REGUARDLESS of what you did in life, if you follow jesus then you will go to eternity and spend it in heavan, which WILL BE on earth after the earth has been cleaned and purified.

Sorry for the rant, but sometimes, it bothers me.

Brawny said:
Yeah I know, it was actually Constantine and the holiday was the birthday of the sun god. It isn't the actual date but the idea that is being ignored.
And too bad most people dont understand the real date of jesus birth.

motherbrainrulez said:
no you complete idiot, he says Ask, and it will be given you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For every one who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Or what man of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him! and also For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.

That verse Mat7:7 Jesus is talking about the people who are condemning others when they dont even notice their own issues. He is telling you not to judge and if you want to know the truth, then just ask. Everyone needs to know the truth and if you sincerly ask for it he will give you it.

viperjason said:
AND CAN EVERYONE STOP SAYING APPLE. OMGOSH it never said apple in the bible, it says SEED. And both adam and eve partook of the seed. Seed, from the greek text is Sperma, SPERM. Adam and eve both ****ed satan and they were both punished for it. That is why Cain was evil because it was part of Satans sperm.

That wasn't written in Greek, it was in Hebrew (the word "p@riy") and carries these meanings:
1) fruit
a) fruit, produce (of the ground)
b) fruit, offspring, children, progeny (of the womb)
c) fruit (of actions) (fig.)
That Hebrew word is used throughout Genesis when referring to things that can only mean actual fruit.

The Hebrew word for "seed" is zera`
It's only usage in that part of the Bible (where Satan temps Adam and Eve is here at Genesis 3:15, "And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed (zera`) and her seed (zera`); it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel."

To suggest that their sin was having sex with Satan completely conflicts with the context of that part of the Bible, not to mention the language itself.

viperjason said:
Look up the word parabal(sp) and you will know which to take litterally and which to take figuratively. Most of the bible is literal.

And asking for forgiveness is something of a human nature, he wants you to repent and you shall be forgiven. To repent is to wholey and fully understand your wrong, and have a change of heart. Sin is human nature, nobody is perfect and if you commit sin, it does not mean you will go to hell. If you follow satan when he comes down from heaven, then you will follow him to your death, if you follow jesus REGUARDLESS of what you did in life, if you follow jesus then you will go to eternity and spend it in heavan, which WILL BE on earth after the earth has been cleaned and purified.

Sorry for the rant, but sometimes, it bothers me.

Wow, what cult are you a part of? First, satan had nothing to do with the makeup of the fruit. Second, he tempted them by telling them they could know good and evil, not having sex with him? Cain was evil because Adam and Eve sinning caused the human race to be sinful.

What the heck is this? Satan does not dwell in heaven and he will not come down.

Man I hate speaking about religion. I don't think anyone is right, so just let someone believe whatever they want. Simple. Conflict resolved. :arf:

Answer: because it keeps popping up in the new threads list! I was reading it and remembered why I don't speak of it. Thanks for hurting my credibility! j/k

Leche159TKE said:
Man I hate speaking about religion. I don't think anyone is right, so just let someone believe whatever they want. Simple. Conflict resolved. :arf:

The problem is that the conflict is only solved in your mind. To others who don't believe that everyone should do what they want conflict not resolved :arf:

Brawny said:
The problem is that the conflict is only solved in your mind. To others who don't believe that everyone should do what they want conflict not resolved :arf:

Alright, I'll give in here and discuss. lol

Your right, it is only resolved in my mind. I fail to understand why people, not necessarily anyone on this forum, feel that just because someone thinks differently they must be wrong. Its a very self-centered way of looking at things. I grew up Christian (Baptist actually) and was always told that I needed to make it a life goal to convert people to Christianity. I think that is bull. No one knows for a fact what is right or what is wrong.

If everyone were to just let people believe what they want (as long as it doesn't physically hurt others...a la some cults) our society would be much more peaceful. This is the stuff that has fueled many many wars. Just look at the crusades....an enormous attempt to convert "heathens" to christianity. It's just not right.

My thoughts here apply to way more than just Christianity. That was just my personal experience. Some Muslim religions feel that anyone who doesn't agree with them shouldn't live. It's just absurd. Frankly, this whole topic is what has driven me away from any form of organized religion. I'm not an atheist, but I believe what I want...not what someone else thinks I should.

Brawny said:
Satan does not dwell in heaven and he will not come down.

Examples of Satan in heaven and on earth:

Job 1:6-7
One day the angels came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them. The LORD said to Satan, "Where have you come from?" Satan answered the LORD, "From roaming through the earth and going back and forth in it."

Revelation 12:7-9
And there was war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

Revelation 12:12
Therefore rejoice, you heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has gone down to you! He is filled with fury, because he knows that his time is short.

1 John 5:19
We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.

Back