clones

I do if you would dare compare King Ganondorf to CF. Do you dare to compare?

Ganondorf is still a clone to C.Falcon. Wolf, Falco and Fox are all similar. Hell, they even same the same Final Smash. LAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNDDDDMASTERRRRRRRRRR

Subarnu said:
I do if you would dare compare King Ganondorf to CF. Do you dare to compare?

Falcon > Ganondorf

You fail to see the subtle differences that make them completely different

There are no reasons why CF would be better than Ganondorf.

I say there aren't really any clones. No two/three characters are alike. Some may have the same type of moves but they're all either faster, stronger, or balanced.

Subarnu said:
You fail to see the subtle differences that make them completely different

There are no reasons why CF would be better than Ganondorf.

I wasn't suggesting that Falcon is better than Ganon, I just prefer playing as Captain Falcon. Pretty sure that the only "subtle" different other then looks/effects is that Gdorf is heavy/slow, while Falcon is the opposite.

And plus, you can't resist the sheer power or the Falcon Punch.

Dumbass_Luigi said:
I say there aren't really any clones. No two/three characters are alike. Some may have the same type of moves but they're all either faster, stronger, or balanced.

With that logic, I guess one could say there were no clones in Melee.

But yeah, subtle differences is the keyword in this whole clone argument.

the cloning is in the fact that they both use 1 massive punch. theyve done virtually nothing new with ganon besides changing his speed and hitboxes. that seems to go for alot of chars. at least they did something with falco this time but now watching him grind A is like watching link with his sword. im not requesting completely new movesets but holy crap give ganon his sword for something...and quit recycling large parts of movesets to (new) chars like lucas, toon link, lucario ect which are now easily described as clones.

VidyaVince said:
Ganondorf is still a clone to C.Falcon. Wolf, Falco and Fox are all similar. Hell, they even same the same Final Smash. LAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNDDDDMASTERRRRRRRRRR
Like I said before, no two/three characters are the same.

Fox's Landmaster is balanced
Falco's is more agile
Wolf's is the strongest
It don't matter if they look the same.

There are very similar characters like Falcon and ganondorf. What about Lucas and Ness? You don't think they clones? Mario and Luigi are similar - basically the same moves except UP B and Regular B. So their are some characters that basically clones but not completely. It just depends on how you define as a clone.

lol, How would Ganondorf do his FS with a sword? He would have to put it away and then transform. It would be really cool but I prefer Ganondorf only using his hands.

Yeah I think the reason why Ganon doesn't use a sword is because they want to show his strength (his part of the triforce) If he has the sword then it wouldn't make him seem as strong since he relies on a weapon.

I am sort of disappointed that no more new unique character shows up, but it's not a big deal. He removed Pichu, Roy, and Young Link, what people considered clones, and replaced him with new spinoff of characters, Lucas, Wolf, Toon Link. So in all honesty it's not "more clones."

But they did add characters with new move sets like Zero Suit Samus, Meta knight, Pit, Olimar, and Dedede. However you could stay pit is kind of similar to Link for one because he has a bow, his shield blocks projectiles, and he uses his sword.

4 more days

zapasant93 said:
there is no such thing as clones in my opinion, the only thing i consider clones are when 2 people are using different characters, but even then it cant be called clones, because 2 people have different fighting styles. so, for me, to be classified a clone you have to be the exact same, technique, looks, strategy and streangh, and thats just almost impossible to accomplish

similar is a different story
not ENTIRELY sure on what you mean by bolded parts but for the rest of it i agree with you. different playing style to me means different character.

to Subarnu:
haha ya that;d be wierd... why luigis? haha
and exactly. a move that looks the same but does something different should mean new move... like if you wanna get technical with cloned moves then the following characters are all clones because they all have the same looking n air with varrying reactions:
mario
luigi
sheik
samus
fox
falco
jigglypuff
link
toon link
wolf
yoshi

and are kirby, dededee, jiggly, and pit all clones because they all have 5 jumps? lol i dont think anyone would go so far as to say so.

if you go by move set alone there is NO character with a completely unique move set. there just arent that many things a character can logicaly DO. so those basing their opinion off move sets alone are really basing them off of appearance and not actual move sets because the biggest part of a move isnt what it looks like. its what it does

oh and one more thing to you. Ganon's terribly difficult to use against fast characters i've found lol but maybe thats just me not knowing him well

to VidyaVince:
Pretty sure that the only "subtle" different other then looks/effects is that Gdorf is heavy/slow, while Falcon is the opposite.
no those are the obvious differences.
the subtle ones are in move sets. his f-air is a punch not a knee. and his directional special grabs instead of having knock back. up tilt charges. things like this are the subtle ones

to gallabr12:

about mario-luigi
your wrong about their move sets. i'll go through their a button moves for you

mario's f smash is his super punch
luigi's is a karate chop

other smashes are the same but luigi's d smash has more range

airials:

n air same but once again luigi's is longer

mario's f air is a huge punch that spikes if you sweet spot
luigi's is a karate chop thats super fast

all other arials look the same.

but once again this comparason was in appearance ONLY. ... in their effect on the opponent ALL their moves are different... ps... in appearance their up and n b moves look exactly the same so if you meant in their effects reply to this and i'll compare those for you

and about your comment on pit... thats like saying he's a clone of snake because his up b does no damage and can be gimped lol sorry man. dont understand your logic

to Douten:
cant lie i wish he didn't take pichu out. so much fun to use... sucked a bit but still super fun

Back