Does anyone remember?

pro gamer

A.K.A Master Chief
Nov 29, 2007
Halo
Wii Online Code
2770-2242-9089-2654
Its been about 7 years since I've last been here. So many great memories. I would just like to know what happened to the old moderators such as Prez, natethegreat, and syntax? I never would have expected them to leave but I guess you can't be on here forever. If anyone remembers me or them please let me know. It's been a while.

'Ello there old timer. Can't say I know ya despite bein' somewhat old myself (join date's a lie, I'm from the n00brush of '08), though I've definitely seen a few of your old posts.

If you were 'round for the beginning of '09, you'd know Wiichat had a huge data loss accident, hard drive crash (hence why my join date is a lie). i0n dropped the ball since the last back-up was from more than a year back. Everythin' fell apart from there, and the old community slowly departed. Includin' the three you mentioned above.

Can't say I was friends with Prez, but I do remember he had a mean R.O.B.

Why did that cause everyone to leave? The forum seems fine. Your name does sound familiar.

By the way what happened to ion? (Sorry for the double post. I remember this was pretty much illegal back in the day.)

Last edited by a moderator:
still illegal lol

I wouldn't say the data loss accident was the main cause so much as the last straw. Ya might remember that i0n was slowly becomin' more and more inactive. All the mods did their jobs well, but there's only so much they can do without their admin; no IP bans, for starters. I sure as **** can't speak for everyone, but from what I can tell everyone was just gettin' sick of i0n not doin' his job. Spammers, trolls, etc. ran rampant without said IP bans. The two years of noob rushes (one in '07 for Diamond and Pearl, one for Brawl in '08) had some'a the seniors on edge, from what I could tell.

I can't quite remember how exactly it happened, but after the data loss incident a member named sremick started goin' 'round tellin' everyone to leave admin-less Wiichat and go to his forum. A good few seniors did in the end, even though said forum died in no time. The ones who stayed faithful to Wiichat slowly left for one reason or another, and those who went with sremick either returned to the community too late or never at all.

As for i0n, he willingly left. Sold Wiichat to a proper corporation. Sadly, the admins ain't any more active despite bein' professionals... ._.; But Super Mods can issue IP bans nowadays, so there's that at the least.

That's a sad story. The only reason I left is because I dated a girl from here (I was a kid) and I broke up with her. I ended up in this chat website named xat. Is that other forum sremick made still alive? I did realize ion rarely came on here. Makes me sad to see my old friends' posts on here from years ago. Good times.

Almost assuredly not. Only way there'd be any activity there is if someone tried to revive it... and that'd just repeat the past and fail in the long run anyways.

I wasn't around for the golden years like y'all, but I also look back fondly on the old times regardless. Miss all'a those [STRIKE]punching bags[/STRIKE] Brawlers from the old days.

Kinda late but I remember ya! Always good to see an old face!

sw.compo_on_hillsm.jpg

is dark prinny still here hes the only ****er i still remember

Not anymore!

He regenerated

People try to put me down
Talkin about my regeneration
Just because im a bit roud
Its getting a bit cold
I hope or maybe im gettin a bit old