Got MOHH2...blah...

Atomheart

M'bating to Z Suit Samus
Jul 30, 2007
WI
Well, I've played the first mission and maybe an hour or so of online. I've played all of the modes.

All I can say is...blah. The game is OK, but I wouldn't rush out to get it.

The controls are great once you get used to them and tweak them to your liking (I recommend jacking up everything for maximum speed and getting used to that). The graphics are also OK.

But the online isn't that great. On the upside, there's very little lag. On the downside:

1. It takes A LOT of bullets to take someone out. This is quite annoying as sometimes it takes a full clip of ammo to take someone out.

2. Only a few maps.

3. Only a couple of weapons per side.

4. Only a few modes. I don't like deathmatch at all, and team deathmatch has some flaws (see below). I guess I REALLY wished that they'd have a team last-man-standing type mode (ala SOCOM).

5. In team deathmatch, the respawn points are random. So instead of one team starting on one side of the map and the other team on the other, you just randomly respawn at different points. So you'll fairly often respawn right by a bunch of enemies and so forth. It's just way to chaotic for this reason. There's no tactics to the game as you can't move through as a force as someone will invariably respawn behind you, sneak up, and blow you all away. So it's reduced down to chaotic running around and blasting.

6. The uniforms for each team look very similar. So, from a distance where your crosshair doesn't change red, it's very difficult to tell if someone is an enemy or not.

6. NO VOICE CHAT! I wasn't expecting this, but the game feels REALLY lacking without it.

The best mode is CTF, in my opinion, but very few play it.

Oh well. I kind of wish I wouldn't have blown $50 on it. The original SOCOM for the PS2 that came out like 6 years ago BLOWS this game away on every dimension. I guess I thought that this game could top that one being that it's out 6 years later on a later generation console. Guess I was wrong.

I guess I'll just keep playing it and see if it grows on me. There's nothing else out there that seems remotely interesting for the Wii (other than SMG, but I'm getting that for Christmas), so I might as well use my Wii since I own one.

Last edited:
The best mode is CTF, in my opinion, but very few play it.

Well considering how the game has been out for what, a day now?

Atomheart, you read my thoughts exactly. I heard and read somewhere that EA will add patches and new maps to keep this game flowing. But then again they might not do it afterall. Take Zipper for example. They posted news about new maps and a new patch for socom 3 and CA and still nothing. Its almost a year now. They've abandoned us and I hope they don't abandon MOH. Its the only shooting game worth playing online for the wii. Socom forever.

nice review. i like reviews that point out the negative, because reviews only show the positive side. nice

Well I really don't know what you are talking about, this game rocks! I'm not trying to be mean or anything but it's sort of true when you think about it, maybe you just aren't good. When people suck they don't enjoy game play much. Also there is no online lagg at all for me so it can be your connection. I'm just outing my opinions out there but I could be wrong... :)

hopefully with the next fps for the wii, its with ea nation and has a headset. i believe for a fps to be successful, communication is needed

doosta said:
hopefully with the next fps for the wii, its with ea nation and has a headset. i believe for a fps to be successful, communication is needed
Yeah, this game is just the first step into perfecting online gaming on the wii.

phillepino said:
so are you guys saying this isn't worht $50?

i would say it is, because it may not be perfect but it is the begining of something great that is going to happen. remember xbox live started from scatch just like this :yesnod:

phillepino said:
I truly believe that this game is worth it. Right now the online is pretty hecktic so it may seem weird or hard but ut will get better. I say get this game.

doosta said:
I remember there was a time when FPS had barely any communication...I don't know how you kids would survive those doom, quake and unreal tournament days. Man I'm getting old...

phillepino said:
I say get it if you have the means because supporting a game like this leads to sequels with improvements.

iamone8 said:
I remember there was a time when FPS had barely any communication...I don't know how you kids would survive those doom, quake and unreal tournament days. Man I'm getting old...

hahah true true u kids wudnt last 5min n those days xD

well im buying it 4 25 bux so i will b getn my money werth

and its za 1st fps online game 4 za wii so of coarse its not guna b at its peak yet just give it sum time

and the online play cant b as bad as BWII xD hah

well the team deathmatch was the same in allied assault. This is just an arcade online shooter. You want progressive spawns? Play a game like battlefield 2142 or call of duty

Back