Gun Ban Proposal

I'll put my spin on it. You can't kill someone with a videogame (cue people trying to convince me you can be killed with a videogame).

019_.gif

Sure you can, take the game cartridge and beat 'em with it, or break the game disc and stab 'em with it.

:XXXXXXXX

Jokes, jokes. Sixty's still cool. I love the occasional Christian!

And on what Adam says, I honestly don't see stuff like that coming from the liberal side. And generally, the liberals keep the conservatives in check, and vice versa.

And Adam, I think you're waiting on a reply to that banning videogames thing. I'll put my spin on it. You can't kill someone with a videogame (cue people trying to convince me you can be killed with a videogame). And I don't believe that the videogame is the source of the aggression, either. I believe that the videogame has very little to do with the actual event of the crime, it just might influence how it's done.

Sixty's great.

The murder weapon thing has been discussed though. We've established that everything in the world has a chance of killing someone, mostly people. If you have an attitude about people saying "people kill people!" and all that, then you should realize that they're really not to be trusted with guns. You can't teach everyone in the world not to kill, I know that. But that's like parents telling their kids where they've hidden their Christmas presents and just believing that they won't take a look. Presented with the opportunity people will go for it. If not, they won't. It'd be like looking for presents in March.

Adam (right?), sit there and play FPSs.

:I believe that the videogame has very little to do with the actual event of the crime, it just might influence how it's done.

And why can't the guns be the same thing? They were messed up kids who would have done something just as bad with something else.

Also, even if guns were completely banned, I'm sure they could have easily gotten some.

And why can't the guns be the same thing? They were messed up kids who would have done something just as bad with something else.

Also, even if guns were completely banned, I'm sure they could have easily gotten some.

Very hard to kung fu your way to killing tens of people. And videogame playing kids won't be buying from the black market, tchhh...

...You could not mess them up by NOT exposing them to guns at such a young age. Parenting is not the problem when parents shouldn't even have them themselves. Clearly, we have a streak of stupid people going on in this world. Just restrict them and it'll work.

Too bad your country's too big and it'd be impossible.

OK video games...the rate of gun crimes is obviously much much higher than the rate of video games. I am saying that guns have been proven to directly kill more people than video games. I'm not saying ban everything that can kill someone, just the things used most often. If that means banning more than guns, I'm ok with that as long as its realistically to try and prevent deaths rather than prove a point.

...You could not mess them up by NOT exposing them to guns at such a young age. Parenting is not the problem when parents shouldn't even have them themselves. Clearly, we have a streak of stupid people going on in this world. Just restrict them and it'll work.

Too bad your country's too big and it'd be impossible.

Surely if two shooters in school can make you think that guns are evil, then two of us that were exposed to guns at an early age (myself and ROB for instance), can prove that it doesn't make you go on a killing rampage.

Surely if two shooters in school can make you think that guns are evil, then two of us that were exposed to guns at an early age (myself and ROB for instance), can prove that it doesn't make you go on a killing rampage.

It doesn't always, but the fact that it happens as much as it does makes this kind of thing come up.

It doesn't always, but the fact that it happens as much as it does makes this kind of thing come up.

I think it's another case of overemphasis by the media that makes you more afraid of the unlikely things than the ones that kill millions of people every day.

Reminds me of a friend who was really worried over getting cellphone cancer, yet went tanning every weekend.

There have been what, 3 shootings in our lifetime? I'd take the state of Vermont over that.

From a skim read of the list I read Dragunov, SPAS 12 and M1...I didn't know the gun laws were that loose.

Let me ask, have you ever needed to use your gun? If so would that situation would of went better with one of the above listed weapons or would an average pistol of handled the situation fine?

Guns are the ultimate tools of freedom. The only problem is that freedom has to be split.

There are main two types of freedom:
1. Freedom to do something.
2. Freedom from something.

The way I see it, it is better to have freedom from than to have freedom to do. That's not to say we should have a bouble-wrapped society, just a society that protects through defence (especially diplomatically) rather than pre-emptive attack.

All in all, I'm anti-gun (I used to be pro-gun, but that was years ago) and I'm aware of (and to a certain extent, sympathise with) the pro-gun arguement.

brawny said:
There have been what, 3 shootings in our lifetime? I'd take the state of Vermont over that.
You serious? I think there have been a lot more than that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shootings

[edit]Kitty Lollipops taste of fur. Not so much a lolcat, as a peeved off one...

Last edited:
Back