Halo 3 X Button

Ah yes another X- button forum thread.
Here are my 2 cents about it: As you know the bumpers now reload the wepons, thus making the need to click the X-button obsolete; which in my opinion leaves the choices:
1. Shield gernade, Isn't it obvious? On the Starry Night commercial, you can see John, spiking a gernade to protect himself form the Wraith's plasma Mortar. In my opinion, this is NOT the X-button simply because it just might be another gernade to accompany the frag family.
2. Sprinting. In the commercial, you can see John running as fast as he can after holstering his shotty on his back and running after the pack of Brutes. If you ever played a game of Halo 3, you would notice, that when ever the guy is gunning you down with a Battle Rifle, if you run, you will still get hit? With the Sprint, perhaps you can run for shelter and cover and can in turn change the way fps are played!

Those are the two main choices that I have come up with. I can't wait untill the 7 minute documentry thats coming out next week. Great Christmas Present Microsoft!

ThatGuy127 said:
A) Why are you calling him John?
B) What 7 minute documentary?

Google 'et tu brute'

(a play on the final words of Julius Ceasar)

Sovieto said:
i was accutaly thinking that as well, but third person pwnz FPS in most cases (i mean by like how well you can do)
and pizzaluvr, that wouldnt work in all FPSs...it would work only in large mapped FPSs

....did you just say third person owns FPS....

Capt Elmer said:
I'm pretty sure Golden Eye for the 64 set the standard for future FPS. And Zelda and Mario 64 set the standard for 3D environments and movement.

Maybe your to young to remember the golden years of gaming.

Well maybe the X button will make you jump 4 times as high then the previous Halo allowing you to escape earth's gravitational force. :crazy:
UhhhhHHH no, goldeneye set the standard for FPS controls at ITS time, halo set the standard of controls for ITS time. thats why they were both so great, maybe your a little to bias to recall video game history...

p.s. yes this is my second reply to his 1 post, i just have something different to say now though

and when i said third person PWNZ* fps i dont know what i was thinking, if anything i think i was thinking that like there are more action your can partake in while in third person mode

I have alittle more love for third person than fps,but there still good.

Flagel said:
I would just like to ask, why do you think the halo series is so good?

I mean, i'm not flaming halo, its just I never thought it was worthy of all the hype it gets, it is a good game but nothing more, get me online to counter strike any day.

The Halo Series is good becuase of its achievement for the hardcore gamers of the world to compete on a higher level. The controls are set up just right for competitive gaming. And yes CS has also set the mark for competitive gaming but its a PC title. The Halo Series is the consoles competitive gaming breakthrough. The game can't be compared to Zelda or Metriod becuase its on a different level. Those games aren't competetive.

The following article shows reason enough why Halo sits with the legends of games. Money talks. ----> Article

As for the X button feature, VG Core says the function with be Energy Shield pick-up like Overshield (OS) and Camo. ----> Article
Could be Dash button but I doubt it. Most WWII games incorporate that as a must already. I'm thinking pick-up right along with VG Core.

CxThor said:
The Halo Series is good becuase of its achievement for the hardcore gamers of the world to compete on a higher level. The controls are set up just right for competitive gaming. And yes CS has also set the mark for competitive gaming but its a PC title. The Halo Series is the consoles competitive gaming breakthrough. The game can't be compared to Zelda or Metriod becuase its on a different level. Those games aren't competetive.

The following article shows reason enough why Halo sits with the legends of games. Money talks. ----> Article

As for the X button feature, VG Core says the function with be Energy Shield pick-up like Overshield (OS) and Camo. ----> Article
Could be Dash button but I doubt it. Most WWII games incorporate that as a must already. I'm thinking pick-up right along with VG Core.
if you read the posts or what they say, it says it will change FPSs forever, not halo, FPSs, i dont think they had energy shields in WW2, all though i could be wrong.

Sovieto said:
if you read the posts or what they say, it says it will change FPSs forever, not halo, FPSs, i dont think they had energy shields in WW2, all though i could be wrong.

Exactly but it would be redundant to pretend you created something thats all ready present. I believe the dash button is already a function in many FPS'.

CxThor said:
Exactly but it would be redundant to pretend you created something thats all ready present. I believe the dash button is already a function in many FPS'.
Battlefield 2 has it, and I think Battlefield 2142 also does.

RDBRaptor said:
Battlefield 2 has it, and I think Battlefield 2142 also does.
so does Call of duty 3, and day of defeat

I personally don't think Halo brought anything new to the table, it just pretty much perfected what was there. Then again, that's my opinion, and very debatable, Half Life and Counter Strike were there before.

As for what the X button will be used for, I haven't a clue, it seems to be slowly becoming a trend so I think there's a possibility of a cover system (Gears of War/RS:V). Would be pretty awesome if you stayed in the First-Person view.
Still, I can't wait for the big revel.

RichardC01 said:
I personally don't think Halo brought anything new to the table, it just pretty much perfected what was there. Then again, that's my opinion, and very debatable, Half Life and Counter Strike were there before.

As for what the X button will be used for, I haven't a clue, it seems to be slowly becoming a trend so I think there's a possibility of a cover system (Gears of War/RS:V). Would be pretty awesome if you stayed in the First-Person view.
Still, I can't wait for the big revel.
...it set the standard for FPSs?

i played fear n it was d worst game i ever played lol (in my opinion) ..n i dno could it be a new type of attack? lol..

Back