How can I counter CHEAP moves?

stealing lobs require alot of practice and ive found that speedy characters not nessecarily defensive players are better for lob stealing. slow characters suck at lob intercepts even if they are defensive.
my team has
2boos
HB
Wario or Luigi
i use this team to steal lobs like crazy and score before the opponent has time to notice. good passers help get the ball down quick so it cant be stolen again. i hardly ever use boo dekes i prefer to do chips instead

you see, this is where voice chat would be effective.

somebody's about to do his cheap move, and you scare the s### out of that 7-year old by yelling anything of your choice, especially his name if he's dumb enough to put it. he'll crap his pants, then you can steal the ball and pown.

i use boo to slide an easy point and i use dry bones to teleport in, those are GREAT ways to get a point. they arent cheap, the game was designed with those moves, to be used for that reason. if you cant beat them because of it maybe strikers isnt the game for you..

Sevenhurts said:
i use boo to slide an easy point and i use dry bones to teleport in, those are GREAT ways to get a point. they arent cheap, the game was designed with those moves, to be used for that reason. if you cant beat them because of it maybe strikers isnt the game for you..

I agree wholeheartedly, although I absolutely don't think that Strikers isn't the game for them. Boo can teleport in goals, because he's an awful, awful, awful shooter. He's an abysmal shooter. He couldn't shoot his way out of a paper bag.
It's easy to get frustrated and start screaming "cheater!" when someone is effectively using Boo against you, but putting the brakes on the little ghost is really pretty easy. A strong hitter, like Monty Mole or Birdo can close the gap with Boo surprisingly fast with a quick hit. Or if you have a faster player in your control and Boo gets possesion and begins moving toward your goalie, instead of chasing him (he's one of the faster sidekicks) try heading for the goal -behind- Kritter and stopping him there.
Bones is a bit different because he's a decent shooter, and can teleport in without having to risk coming in contact with Kritter. Keep an eye on your opponent's Dry Bones, and the color of the ball. When Dry Bones is in a good position, relatively uncovered and the ball is yellow or higher, he's likely going to try and get the ball to him. The best way to cut him off is to actually cut him off, intercept balls coming into him, or take one for the team and foul him before he gets his hands on the ball.
Remember that it takes time and practice practice practice to become effective with Boo or Dry Bones, so instead of hating them, strive to improve your own defense.

Back