I couldn't resist the dark side anymore

man, who ever made this is pretty gumby. 'cant resist DARK side no more'
pffft i used to be like that.......

yeah most people who are bias to nintendo do not like microsoft there for the dark side remark. nintendo people usually dont like fps oriented games from what ive seen and 360 has a lot of them, most of the 360 library involves shooting. i for one, want to own a wii, 360, and ps3 by the beginning of 2008.

im getting a 360 for my birthday in sept. just in time for halo 3, which should be fun. then im getting a wii for galexy and brawl in nov. and then finally a ps3 for christmas for metal gear solid 4 when it comes out in early 2008 and little big planet when it comes out. also i want other games on all those consoles but those are the big ones i want.

gingerkid said:
yeah most people who are bias to nintendo do not like microsoft there for the dark side remark. nintendo people usually dont like fps oriented games from what ive seen and 360 has a lot of them, most of the 360 library involves shooting. i for one, want to own a wii, 360, and ps3 by the beginning of 2008.
Someone just posted this on 360Chat, so I will post it here.

fpspie2.jpg

Only 17% of the games are shooters.

some shooters fall under the catagory of action/adventure. also pretty much the good games are the shooters on the 360. gears, halo, etc. etc.

bigwilliiy said:
man, who ever made this is pretty gumby. 'cant resist DARK side no more' pffft i used to be like that.......

gingerkid said:
yeah most people who are bias to nintendo do not like microsoft there for the dark side remark.

Wow, some people are so judgmental they can't see the obvious. And "gumby" is so 80's :)

The "dark side" has nothing to do with going to MS or bashing MS. It's a direct relation to the ELITE which is black. Hence, "the dark side".

Get it?

Also, I'm a PC gamer first and foremost. I bought the Wii specifically because I don't like the "stick controllers" and the WiiMote really interested me. So, I bought one and have about 10 games and play outside on my homemade projector screen with the neighbors a few times a week.

I broke down and bought the 360 mostly because of wanting to play multiplayer with my kids (my son has a 360Pro) and hating that he can screen watching and slaughter me. So, two 360s and no more screen watching and I can hold my own against him. Plus my brother has one and a few of my friends.

I have to say the one thing MS did right is XboxLive. The multiplayer aspect of the 360 is great. I got tired of waiting for the Wii to go multiplayer. It's sad that there's only a couple of online Wii games this far after launch. Wii Sports, etc should have the ability coded in even if it's not activated yet. Sadly it doesn't look like that's the case.

strommsarnac said:
Wow, some people are so judgmental they can't see the obvious. And "gumby" is so 80's :)

The "dark side" has nothing to do with going to MS or bashing MS. It's a direct relation to the ELITE which is black. Hence, "the dark side".

Get it?
QUOTE]
hmmmm, well if you actually read my post you would see that i said that from personal experience, most of my friends that own wii's hate 360 and the same goes for the 360 owners i know, they hate the wii. i was'nt making stereotype i was saying from MY observation of my friends. and it never said in the post it had to do with the elite, dark side usually meens evil.

FR. said:
Many people on this site, including me, agree that XBox Live is much better than the Wii's current online play.

I don't think anyone disagrees. Some might be a little defensive about it, others like myself might be a little grumpy about it, but surely there can't be anyone who objects.

Wiinter said:
I don't think anyone disagrees. Some might be a little defensive about it, others like myself might be a little grumpy about it, but surely there can't be anyone who objects.
agreed, xbox live is def the best home console online experience i have ever seen. i remember playing mech assault around when xbox live came out and it was a blast and the 360 has just made that 100 times better with xbla, voice chat, video chat, etc. the only complaint anyone can state is that you have to pay for the gold membership, which isnt to bad for 50 bucks a year.

gingerkid said:
and it never said in the post it had to do with the elite, dark side usually meens evil.

Quote from my original post "I bought a 360Elite yesterday. I still have my Wii though."

Dark side doesn't usually mean evil. Dark side of the Earth/Moon/Tree/Mountain/Building, etc. It's dark.

Which is exactly my point about people missing the obvious. Sometimes people jump to the most controversial interpretation rather than just accepting what's said/wrote at face value.

No personal affront intended either.

yah im selling like all my wii games except wario ware( only because it has great multiplayer.) im putting all the cash i get on and eb edge card to save up for a 360 , i need one bad, and then im goingh to restart on my wii games, like getting mp3, ssbb,smg, and more, im a hardcore gamer, and well wii its kinda casual. i never thought id say this, but more and more i think the wii is ....is....a...second console(gulp).

Cap'n Crunch said:
yah im selling like all my wii games except wario ware( only because it has great multiplayer.) im putting all the cash i get on and eb edge card to save up for a 360 , i need one bad, and then im goingh to restart on my wii games, like getting mp3, ssbb,smg, and more, im a hardcore gamer, and well wii its kinda casual. i never thought id say this, but more and more i think the wii is ....is....a...second console(gulp).
zomgzorz jooz r teh bigest 360 fanboyz! teh wii has ssbb so ti is teh pwnzorz!!!!11!!one

strommsarnac said:
Dark side doesn't usually mean evil. Dark side of the Earth/Moon/Tree/Mountain/Building, etc. It's dark.

Which is exactly my point about people missing the obvious. Sometimes people jump to the most controversial interpretation rather than just accepting what's said/wrote at face value.

In terms of sheer volume, references to "the dark side", especially those that are preceded by "I couldn't resist" are at least general allusions to "the dark side of the force", referencing moral ambiguity or downright evil care of a world-wide cultural phenomenon known as Star Wars. Face value is more likely to be that reference. Feel free to be over-literal if you choose, but your interpretation is FAR from "the obvious".

You were also almost certainly intentionally trying to draw that allusion in your reader's mind, since the Elite is not a side of anything. All of its sides are black (unlike the earth/moon, buildings and trees). If you were really being obliquely literal, you would have said you were unable to resist the black/dark box. You can get a bonus double entendre out of it, but you don't lost the Star Wars reference in the process.

"I couldn't resist the dark side of that building." If you want talk about how much you'd like to be in the shade, most people are going to just say "shade".

Back