I heard that there's a method of getting N64 games for free on the Wii

dought it...

The only box I even have left is Super Mario 64 in used-mint condition (pretty much mint)

so, i've been sitting around speculating..
this was never even a confirmed rumor, Explosive Smurf could have made it up for all we know.

Well, it IS possible because from what I understand, these games are just ROMS running on the Wii's emulator. It is legal to download ROMs for free if you already own the game.

This could never happen or else soon serial bar numbers would be flying over the net no one would be buying VC games

They're already making lots of money from the people who don't have these older systems. They barely even had to pay money to release the Virtual Console games, since they're software, not hardware. I think they might have had to pay money for 2nd and 3rd party games to be licensed, though. ESRB also had to rate them, but I'm not sure if that costed Nintendo any money.

I agree. Especially since my NES is broken, my SNES was sold behind my back, and my N64 has no good controllers. I still have all my old games for the NES and N64 though.

Well, there's a huge chance that this rumor is not true, so we'll have to deal with paying for them, which isn't too bad.

It truly is a wonderful idea but its never going to happen. Whilst a few people will have registered their games most wont have, so I could just wonder over to someones house I know has an N64, note down all the serial numbers and there we go a free games library.

Well, at least I'm getting to play all of these good ol' games once again. I LOVE The Legend of Zelda for NES. I have the collector's edition for GCN, but it feels much more natural with the Wii Remote turned sideways

One thing I don't like, though, is that on a New Generation console, The Legend of Zelda lags when there're many enemies on the screen. I think this is because it's emulation, though. I'm not sure how the Wii works.

Back