LOST Season 5

Whoa, that young man was Charles Widmore.

I think some people requested spoiler tags...

Here's my newest theory:
Widmore was the next person to take command, but something happened and Ben stole that position from him. Either that and/or Ben and he got into some kind of argument and Widmore got banished from the Island. Widmore has spent all his time trying to get back both because he has an emotional connection to it and becuase he wants to reap revenge on Ben.

Yeah this episode went very fast, but it was good. Also, I don't consider it the best of the series at all.
It was interesting seeing they're in the 50's. I wonder what year they went to at the end of the episode.

I also lol'd at that young guy being Widmore. I never expected that.

Also, what the hell is going on with Richard!? How old is that damn guy!?

Just to make sure,
they were in the future in that last scene, right?

Also, it seems as though the theories of Charlotte's sickness being due to her having a hard time traveling through time are definitely on the right track.

Two points I'd like to make:
1)
Widmore is total BAMF as a young guy.
2)
Charlotte's not dead, she canclearly be seen in the trailer for the next episode.

^We clearly have different tastes. I thought Widmore was really annoying (In fact, I thought he rivaled Frogurt from last episode). He killed his own fellow Other, he doesn't respect authority, and he is just generally hot-headed. He displayed a plethora of traits that I usually hate people for having. I would call Sawyer, Locke, and maybe even Ben badasses, but definitely not Widmore. I would lean closer to word such as 'childish' :\

I was just talking about the
neck snapping thing. Other than that, I totally agree with you.

Also, you forgot the master of bad-assery in your list:

hurley.jpg

Nah, I'm just kidding. i meant Sayid.

Tyler I agree with your theory completely, almost exactly what I was thinking as well.

Widmore seemed like a douche to me also :lol:

If they did travel back into the future, might that change the effect of charlotte's "illness" Maybe going to the past or future changes her reaction.

Sweet. I was totally right about how this episode would go. *pats self on the back* =)

Anyway, this episode was great. It answered a few crucial questions, but definitely isn't one of the standout amazing episodes in the show's history (which is a hard feat to do).

Here are some ideas I developed with this episode:

-Either Mrs. Hawking is Daniel Faraday's mother, since all indications point to her, or we're simply being lead to believe such a thing because so far, the connection has been almost too obvious. Right now, though, I believe her to be Daniel's mother.
-She might also be Ellie, the blonde girl in the 1954 time period.
-Richard Alpert went to see Locke (really old flashback) when he (Locke, that is) was a kid because Locke himself jokingly suggested him to do so (which was shown in this episode during the 1954 period; two years before Locke's own birth). During that 1954 conversation, however, Alpert needed to know more about Locke, and that motivated him to take up Locke's offer, despite Locke not taking the idea seriously himself.
--This would indicate that Alpert can (or has been able to) move forward and backward in time at his own will somehow. This would also reinforce how direct and foretelling Alpert was when he encountered Locke when his leg was shot.

Levesqueisking, no one knows when they warped to in the final time warp. The only thing we know is that they are in the same place in the daytime. They obviously "moved in time", but forward or backward has yet to be determined.

But you have a great theory about Ben and Charles. There's probably going to be some truth to that.

Last edited:
Wait, wait, wait, I have another theory that could replace my other one!
What if something happened and WHIDMORE had to move the island?! Then Ben would have taken command. After all, Ben knew an awful lot about the process of moving the island for something that is done so rarely. Additionally, Whidmore and Ben are always talking about 'the rules' and 'breaking the rules', and if this is the case then Whidmore would be supposed to never come back, so him searching out the island is breaking the rules. Thoughts? Hopefully one of these two theories is on track.

That is possible, as well, Levesque. At this rate, though, it's getting very open-ended. We don't know how the Island was untraceable in the first place (before Ben moved it). There could be several "movers" for all we know.

But you are on to something when you say Whidmore could've moved it before Ben did. Both of your theories are good right now. =)

One thing that is important for everyone to note:

The girl who held Daniel at gunpoint is named "Ellie". Mrs. Hawking's first name is "Elouise". We could very well be dealing with Daniel meeting her own mother in 1954, which might explain why she looks familiar to him.

Last edited:
I'm convinced Ellie is Ms. Hawking, and that she's Daniel's mother. We already know Widmore was on the Island, he evidently knows her, and told Desmond she's in Los Angeles (which of course, is where we know Ms. Hawking is).

By the way, did anyone else notice there were only two characters from season 1 in this episode?

Yeah I noticed that. LOST has a huge ensemble cast, so I'm sure the reasoning behind getting rid of so many of the "815er extras" is so that they don't have to pay them anymore.

Back