Low Tier Characters ftw

anax4aero

Nintendo Connoisseur
Jan 4, 2008
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
From a quick glance at this specific forum, it seems the word is out low tier characters are awesome, seeing how there's threads on Ike and Captain Falcon, etc.

I made this thread because I personally think the low tier characters are ridiculously underrated and need more representation and discussion. If you would rather have fun with characters like jiggly or link instead of owning everyone with Meta knight or Snake, then this is the thread for you. And if you are at the level where you're owning with characters like jiggly or link, even better.

I'm hoping that we get to discuss low tier match-ups, techniques, strategies, etc., and maybe if this work to have eventually official low tier matches, because we all know these characters need significantly more practice than higher tiers. Also, if there's a purpose to it, we could also have videos and such, although that may not be necessary as there is a thread already devoted to Brawl videos.

If this thread works out maybe I'll also eventually post resources such as guides and stats for low tier characters, so that more people can start using them and being awesome.

If anyone has other ideas, please share, maybe we can actually start having an active community here in wiichat. With time I'll also be adding the names of whoever mains/uses these characters so you guys can contact whoever you want to fight or practice with.

Low Tier characters:

Sonic - Bio
Sheik - Shadow*91, Cuomo
Bowser
Zelda - Shadow*91, Fox
Pokémon Trainer - anax4aero, The Storm
Ike - Shadow*91, pharos 5, The Storm, GCommander
Lucas - Fox, Cuomo
Mario - Wiinus
Ness
Yoshi
Samus
Jigglypuff - Bio
Captain Falcon - Toon Link
Link - The Storm
Ganondorf - Cuomo

* I am aware that Sonic and Sheik jumped to mid-tier, but since to me they still feel borderline and UU, I'm including them here.

Last edited:
i use Ike and Shiek/Zelda regularly because they're great. yes they have many flaws but they still have the ability to absolutely dominate in the hands of skilled players. now if only my brawl worked.

i have a friend that only uses low teir characters. his best are Sonic, Bowser, and Captain Falcon. he owns with them.

Response.1 What, ike, low tier NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Response.2 I feel outraged tell me your adress so i can come bash you!

Response.3 *sob* where did i go wrong *sob*

Response.4 I can snap with ike!

i use Ike and Shiek/Zelda regularly because they're great. yes they have many flaws but they still have the ability to absolutely dominate in the hands of skilled players. now if only my brawl worked.

i have a friend that only uses low teir characters. his best are Sonic, Bowser, and Captain Falcon. he owns with them.

When it comes to sheik and zelda, do you switch them in the middle of a battle or stick to one for the entire match?

@pharos: um ... I guess I'll add you to the ike list. Low tier is not a bad thing btw, if I had chosen Meta Knight I would hate myself for ending up with a character everyone and their mom can use. I like uniqueness.

When it comes to sheik and zelda, do you switch them in the middle of a battle or stick to one for the entire match?

i start as Shiek and if i'm not doing good i'll switch. i also tend to knock people over the edge with sheik then switch and Din's Fire them to death. I use Shiek more but my Zelda is really good without resorting to spam.

Oh lol, I havnt played Brawl in forever, but I'm a Lucas, Zero Suit user. A little Zelda on the side.

Oh lol, I havnt played Brawl in forever, but I'm a Lucas, Zero Suit user. A little Zelda on the side.

I never knew you played Brawl. Last I remember of you was that Chuck Norris jokes thread.

I'm updating the list. I'll let everyone choose a max of three characters so you guys pick the ones you play best instead of going all over the place. That way we all actually know what we're talking about.
Storm, I'll ignore jiggly and ganon and put you up for the other three. Unless you want me to switch them.

Low tier for lyfe!

Zero Suit Samus is the only reason why I still play Brawl.

Oh wait, she isn't low anymore. Well, erm, I use Sonic and Jiggs, so there's a couple.

Last edited:
Low tier for lyfe!

Zero Suit Samus is the only reason why I still play Brawl.

Oh wait, she isn't low anymore. Well, erm, I use Sonic and Jiggs, so there's a couple.

You're getting closer to mid-tier for life :lol:

also, when I can fight I challenge you to a jiggly ditto, it's the type of match I've always wanted to fight.

i play with mario alot
he was the first person i beat classic mode on.
also i like his B+up move.i punched fox in the privates in one picture

Back