Mafia Game [Ended. Mafia win!]

Whoops, one of the links in the OP didn't link to the right thing. Fixed.

I sent out the role PM's, and will start the game when everyone confirms. Dunchu go blaming me for the slowness of others.

Just waiting on xplosive. I'll go ahead and start this now, he can confirm any time.

It is now Day 1!

I'll go over what you're supposed to do during day phases.

-Vote for who you want to be lynched (Format is Vote: [User] in Bold)

Usually, you're gonna wanna vote for who you find the most suspicious at that time. To support your case and to get others to join you, explain your reasoning, and if it's good you may start what's called a "bandwagon", or a lot of people voting for one player.

Of course, on Day 1 you're going to have very little evidence to go on. Your goal here is to vote for people and get information out of them, without killing off any good roles, ie doctor. If someone votes for you and you have a good role, don't just admit your role to get them off your case. Try to defend yourself, only roleclaim as a very last resort. Roleclaims can be faked, of course. But usually if someone claims a role that's probably in the game (cop, doctor), and nobody counterclaims then, they're telling the truth.

You don't necessarily have to kill someone this first day phase, since there's little to no evidence. If you want nobody lynched, then do Vote: No Lynch, or tie the vote between two players. I do really recommend at least trying to leech info out of other people, which can be done with accusations and debate of course.

And of course, if you're mafia, try to blend in.

These games can be a little tricky, so don't hesitate to ask Feralize or Missingno. for some help in what to do, since they've played them before. I myself can't really give advice to players cause I'm the host, but for the first day and night phase I may try to help out.

And, of course, if you have questions about your role, feel free to PM me.

So, start now. This phase will end 8/6/2012 at 8:00 pm, Eastern Time Zone. From then on each phase will be 24 hours.

Last edited:
Just to let everyone know, some people think it's a good idea for everyone to random vote on day one. It isn't. If you vote, it should either be because you actually think that person is scum, or at the very least to get the ball rolling as far as the game goes.

@J; Well, there's 8 players, so probably close to that.

Back