Major League Baseball

I doubt it was even considered to move it. If you want in the league it's on Yahoo.

/discussion

I really do not want the Braves to get Griffey Jr. I respect him way too much for him to end up there, still disappointed that he ever went to the White Sox.

Griffey is a baseball player. To be honest I don't think he cares where he signs. Like cmon the guys spent the last 9 years in cinci

Griffey is a baseball player. To be honest I don't think he cares where he signs. Like cmon the guys spent the last 9 years in cinci

Well if you knew his reasoning for playing in Cinci, you'd know why he was there. (Family)
And as a matter of fact, just cuz he is a baseball player doesnt mean "he will play anywhere". Ever heard of a 'no-trade clause'?

But i agree with you blueovalboy, I can not see him in a Braves uniform.

I know a lot about baseball so you don't have to get all pushy. He will never go to the braves. The only reason I can imagine him going there is later on as a batting coach or something. If he is serious about winning a ring than he is going to have to go to the Yankees. Curious who else has a shot to be a serious contender for the World Series?

Actually there is a huge chance of him going to Atlanta, he has a daughter playing AAU basketball in Georgia. So once again like in Cinci, family is coming to play.
And he will never be a NY player, Yanks or Mets, he has already said numerous times he doesnt want to play in NY.

Griffey doesn't seem like a big-stage kinda guy. Hes way past his prime and I think hes just looking for a place he can play without the pressures hes been receiving. I think now that hes getting older he'll go where the money is. He'd rather get the guaranteed money than a small chance at a ring. I could see him as a Brave, and I don't see the Braves being that bad this season.

Saying it now....

Subway Series

EDIT: also i just read Griffey himself called the Braves to play for them. And they are willing to offer..."It's believed the Braves are willing to offer Griffey a one-year deal worth up to $1.5 million."

Last edited:
I don't like the mets for one reason. SELF DESTRUCTION. Every year they look ok and you think they have a legit shot and then miss the playoffs. The NL East is going to the phillies again this year for that one reason.

Back to Griffey, wow he actually wants to play for the braves. Why, they have nobody even decent on their team.

They have a decent, young team. They signed Derek Lowe in the offseason, and with a few more additions, they could be decent.

Chipper Jones hit .400 up to the all star break remember.

Plus hes in it for the money anyway.

I don't like the mets for one reason. SELF DESTRUCTION. Every year they look ok and you think they have a legit shot and then miss the playoffs. The NL East is going to the phillies again this year for that one reason.

This made me LOL
Injuries buddy, injuries.

Are you saying they didn't self destruct?

Yes thats wat i am saying. Losing John Maine for his last 5 starts and Billy Wagner also not to forget Fernando Tatis...oh wait theres more, Luis Castillo and Ramon Castro...and Heilman pitched he entire half season with a tear in his shoulder. Key injuries? Yea i think so.
The Mets finished 89 - 73...also add the 20 plus games blown by the bullpen down the stretch due to Billy being down and Aaron's issue, we wouldve finished with over 100 wins for the season.

Lol, typical Mets fan attitude. My mom is the same way. Wagner can't possibly be in all 20+ games the bullpen blew, and he had not been a shutdown closer even when he was healthy. Losing a pitcher for 5 starts should not be the reason your team loses its season either. Its been said so many times already, but I think it needs to be said again. "A team cannot lose due to injuries, because a good team is a team that can win in any situation."

Its true, a truly good team can win anyway. Redsox in '04 anybody?

Back