Major League Baseball

Not really all that interested in the Houston/Atlanta game, but it's on and I miss baseball so I'm watching it, not very pretty on the Atlanta side, 7-2 Houston at the moment.

I want to see some Padre related news, but they get no love at all from ESPN, unless Peavy is pitching really well.

Gracias, if I was in SD I'd just have to flip over to channel 4 and it would be on. Though it's a game between incompetent teams from last year.

Well Mets won 9-0.
Sounded good, I'll watch the game later tonight on the replay.

You wanna know something that pissed me off today. The NY newspaper had an article today saying Mike Piazza could have done steroids. Sooo they questioned Mike in person and he flat out said NO WAY AM I ON THAT LIST. Sooo what does Mike Francessa do? He ****in pumps it up that Piazza could have done it...WTF??? I hate this ****in guy so much. He is such a Met hater and his show is on the Mets radio station, go figure.
Then durning todays game he says, "Mets have close to 3 thousand fans here today and they look bored, but they have been jumping with all the homeruns". WHAT?!?!? You do not make sense you MORON! They really need to take him off the air.

Sorry guys needed to vent. I cant stand listening to him.

I think we need to start a petition or something to get this dirtbag off the air. I would call in to the FAN to tell him off, but he would disconnect me in a matter of seconds, just like he does to cut off angry Met fans that bring up good points against him, that's how he runs from the truth. Guy is a true example of a biased moron that doesn't know sh!t about baseball. Truth be told, to me he's more of a Met hater than a Yankee fan, which I can't respect.

On a lighter note, I rushed home to try to catch what was left of the game, I turned on the TV just to hear Gary say "See ya tomorrow." Just looking at the box score, Ollie did a nice job in his 2 innings. I wonder what Figueroa's chances of making the roster are. I could see him as a long reliever, but who knows, he'll have to battle Livan & Redding for that spot.

Reyes looks pretty good out of the 3 spot, but I wouldn't bank on him staying there very long, provided he starts the season there. Wright has had success hitting third, but Beltran is still the 3 hitter in my eyes. I think he's a bit more accomplished hitting in that spot. Something tells me that he is hungry for a ring, & the MVP award. If there's one guy I believe can lead the team to victory, I'm all in on Beltran.

Hopefully I can catch the game today, Johan got scratched today & pushed to tuesday because of a tender elbow, which is common in many pitchers, so no need for the panic button. Had today been the regular season, he would have started, this is just a precaution.

I think I'm gonna join Club Mets today on their site. Hell, $20 gets you a few different things, plus pre-sale ticket opportunities...

Last edited:
Ok my fellow Tri-State people, listen up!
I just found this out, that tomorrow there is gonna be a HUGE convention in NJ. About a dozen of baseball legends will be there signing anything you want. But sadly you do have to pay for it. The prices are not to bad, depending on who it is. And let me tell you, there are some BIG names who will attend. Ill just throw one name out there...Tom Seaver :yikes:
For info and stuff click
http://www.mab-celebrity.com/default.aspx

Ok my fellow Tri-State people, listen up!
I just found this out, that tomorrow there is gonna be a HUGE convention in NJ. About a dozen of baseball legends will be there signing anything you want. But sadly you do have to pay for it. The prices are not to bad, depending on who it is. And let me tell you, there are some BIG names who will attend. Ill just throw one name out there...Tom Seaver :yikes:
For info and stuff click
http://www.mab-celebrity.com/default.aspx

If I can find someone to go, I am so there tomorrow. Would be amazing to meet "The Franchise". How sweet it would be to get my dad's Seaver card autogrpahed!!!

Though I may not be looking hard enough, what (or where) are ticket prices??

EDIT: Nevermind...

Last edited:

I think I'm gonna join Club Mets today on their site. Hell, $20 gets you a few different things, plus pre-sale ticket opportunities...

I just signed up. Its perfect for me. I can listen to the games now while at work. Definitely worth the 20 bucks.

EDIT:
You know, I really want to start something to get this ****in guy (Mike Francesa) off the air. He is at Port St. Lucie to COVER THE METS, not to ****in talk about football and ****in golf. The game is going on and he has NOT mentioned ONE damn thing about it. I had to look at MLB.com to see the freakin score. And then just a min ago he says "There is a game goin on by call me up lets talk about anything you want". How about you cover the ****in game like your supposed to do, dick!
Granted I know its spring training and it means dick, but still id love to hear the play by play. Oh wait I for got he CANT call a game play by play.

So if anyone knows like some website or anyting where i can start a petition to get this dumb **** off the air, please let me know. Thanks.

EDIT2:
Mets are probably gonna lose this game. From what i get from this game is that Freddy Garcia is outta here. His fastball is dead and he has no movement on any of his pitches. On the other hand Livan Hernandez looked really good in 2 scoreless innings. IMO he is the front runner for the 5th spot. With Redding being the long man and spot starter and Neise goin back to AAA.

Last edited:
Hey guys, just wanna let you know that I'm gonna be out of action for about 2 weeks, some power lines fell by my house and we have no internet access. I'll still be able to access the Fantasy Baseball league from school, just not WiiChat since they have it blocked.

Talk to ya'll soon.

Bought tickets today to see the first game ever going to be played in CitiField. Its a college game St. Johns vs Georgetown. Gonna be pretty cool to see citifield, cant wait.

I can get tickets on eBay, but for say $35 more per ticket, but it's worth it. Unless you have any extra...

Back