Metroid 3 Almost Here!!!!!1 :)

oh, kk, thats good. wwll USA comes out on the 27th lol, dont go to a popular astablishment like EB games. thats why im goin to wal-mart.

Im still dissapointed that MP3 doesnt have online.....i wonder why ninty didnt want to add it..

Oh well, itll still be good....the other Metroid Primes 1&2 got good reviews without online play.....9/10 9.2/10

i didnt like metroid 2, so i quit it, i hated the dark/light words crap. i only got to the power bomb boss.

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption playable demo at GameStop/EB Games
0817071348hy7.jpg

i-ninja-u-dead from IGN forums was there and played the game. He answered some questions from other people:

"How is the controller & how many levels is in the demo?"

The thing is, I don't even think it was an actual demo. I think it was the full game on display, as it had save points and save profiles and everything. Each save profile was linked to a Mii.

The controls were excellent. The cursor was incredibly smooth, and I immediately switched the controls over to advanced. The turning speed was just as I expected, which was pretty dang fast. It also allows you to reverse the buttons for shooting and jumping. The default was A for shooting and B for jumping, so I just left it at that. The only thing I didn't really like was the way you changed visors, by holding - and aiming at which visor you wanted. It made scanning more of a chore than it was in the past games, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

"How did it look in motion?"

Very, very nice. You could tell just by walking around that this games was much more detailed than the GameCube games. The textures were greatly improved, and the lighting (especially the particle effects) was excellent. The only thing that I thought looked a little iffy were the character models on the marines; some of the faces looked a little off. Still, the best looking Wii game I've played.

"Was it fun?"
Absolutely. It controlled like a dream, the AI seemed faster and smarter, and it was much more fast paced.

"How was the music and sound effects?"

The music and sound effects seemed about on par with the last two games. The voice acting was surprisingly well done though, and there was quite a bit of it.

"Did you get to try any puzzles?"

Yeah, there were quite a few basic ones. Playing around in the ship was fun, and there were several basic puzzles around, like "Find the control pannel, scan it to get the access code, find the keypad, enter the access code with the Wii Remote. It was pretty rudimentary stuff, but I could tell it would get more advanced as teh game went on.

" What abilities were you able to test out?"

Well, I started out with doing all the new interacting abilities in the ship, which were all very cool and fun to use withe the pointer enhanced finger pressing. Then on ground, I used the Scan Visor, Morph Ball, Morph Ball bombs, Morh Ball jump (Simply flick up on the Wii Remote to jump in morph ball mode - very intuitive and much improved from the old method), Jump, Double Jump, Shoot, Lock On (The new lock on with the free aim felt great, but was tough to wrap your head around initially), and the new grapple beam move (Was incredibly fun, satisfying and easy to pull off). I also used some of the new methods of interacting, with the Pull Back-Twist-Push Forward to release locks, and you can now point at companions and press A to talk to them.

"Where is this amazing video game store?"

Portland, Oregon, at the Washington Square Mall. On an unrelated not, Sarah Jessica Parker was also at that mall today promoting her new perfume.

"how many bad guys were on the screen at once, was it loads of bad guys, or was it the normal metroid elite experiance?"

From the levels I saw, there was pretty much the typical amount of enemies.

"how was the AI compared to current 360 games? does it keep up or is it a bit stupid?"

The AI definitely seemed to have been improved from the previous Primes. The pirates would flank, and fall back and hide if they were getting owned too hard.

"how was the graphics in person? was it better than you expected or better?"

As I said before, very, very nice. You could tell just by walking around that this games was much more detailed than the GameCube games. The textures were greatly improved, and the lighting (especially the particle effects) was excellent. The only thing that I thought looked a little iffy were the character models on the marines; some of the faces looked a little off. Still, the best looking Wii game I've played.

"see any spoiler bosses?"

None that we haven't seen so far.

"did you played with "lock on target-mode" or was the free aiming good enough to not be tempted to lock on?"

Yeah, I used the mode where you lock on, but it only locked your view, not your cursor. I rarely had to use it though. It was easier to simply target at the enemy instead of messing with the whole locking on business. I pretty much played it as I would any FPS, with no lock on whatsoever.

"How polished was the game"

Very polished. The aiming was completely smooth and jitter free, the motion controls of releasing locks was spot on, the nunchuck grapple move worked every time I did it, and the graphics, sound and total package really showed its extra development time.

"how did it sound?"

Pretty much exactly like MP1 and 2, but with added voice work, which were surprisingly well done.

"did Samus smell like cookies?"

More like cupcakes, lilacs, and badassery.

"how was advanced play versus noob aiming?"

It was like night and day for me. Noob aiming was basically Red Steel, except with a smoother cursor. Advanced play was incredible though, it started turning slowly nearly instantly away from the center of the screen.

"How long was the demo? Was it just you finish a level or was it timed?"

As I said before, I'm relatively sure it wasn't just a demo, but a complete version of the game. I played quite a long time, and I've never seen a demo before that had three seperate save files, save points, and a logbook.

"did the game feel alot more cinematic? and did it have a faster pace compared to the others?"

It really did. The voice acting alone made it seem much more cinematic than past Prime games. But the entire game played so much more like a movie. The cutscenes were much better and more movie like, and there were a lot of almost Call of Duty-esque real time events. There was one part, where a missile collided with the outside of the space ship, ripping a hole all the way through to the hallway you are running in. It created insane amount of suction from the drop in pressure, and some Federation Troopers were sucked out in to outer space. Your screen blurred, and another trooper holds on to the wall as his feet go flying in the air being dragged out. Then a blast door shuts killing all the chaos. All in real time.

And yes, the game seemed to be more fast paced then previous games, with faster aiming, what seems to be a faster rate of fire, and faster enemies.

"Very nice and even more promising. This is one of my must have games of the year and I can't wait to get my hands on it. WIth this having been said what game would you recommend one to get if they had the option.

Bioshock or MP3?"

Man, that very question has been tearing me up for the last few days. A few weeks ago, I would have definitely said Metroid, hands down. But then I played the Bioshock demo, and its atmosphere, claustrophobia, and graphics blew me away. It was an incredible experience, and after that, I guess I leaned more in the Bioshock camp. But now after playing both, I've gotta say, with the vastly surperior WiiMote controls and my preference of fast paced epics over slow, chilling thrillers, I've got to give the edge to MP3

Basically, it goes Graphics: Bioshock
Gameplay: Metroid Prime 3
Atmosphere: Too close to call, but most likely Bioshock

In the end, the gameplay advantages outweigh anything else, but both are absolute must-owns.

Metroid Prime 3 - the first hour
Our exclusive video reveals the game's opening moments

There's no question as to which game Wii owners are madly clawing for - it's Metroid Prime 3. Imagine our happy surprise when the full game showed up on our doorstep yesterday afternoon, ready to share its precious secrets.
Being the kind-hearted souls that we are, we recorded the entire first hour of gameplay, and present it here, cut up into easily digestible bits. Hit the page tabs for more video and see everything from Grapple Beam to Morph Ball antics. Just bear with us - it's the first run though, and we might get stuck a couple of times.
Be sure to come back Monday for Samus's climatic showdown with Meta Ridley.

Another post about the game:
So someone at work today got an advanced copy of MP3 and let us watch and play for a bit today. I missed the long playthrough he did earlier but got to play some later. I didn't get long to play it but damn. After playing the Bioshock demo I was pretty sure I was going to get Bioshock over MP3 but now I'm on the fence again.
I didn't play long but the controls are great. They're a little funny for about the first 30 seconds but then they just feel wonderful. Even the little parts where you bring out Samus' hand even works pretty well. The Wii remote is used just like a mouse pointer in that in move it right, left, or up to look around and use the thumbstick on the nunchuck to move. A is shoot/talk/interact, B jumps, C turns you into a ball, and Z locks on and scans when you have your scan visor up. Bringing up the scan visor was about the only really awkward thing for me. You have to hold down the - button, look up, and then you enter scan mode and that just seemed a little funny.
As for the combat, you don't have auto aim. You may have the lock on but it doesn't auto aim for you and the movement just feels great. I can't say too much about it since I didn't get to do much combat (was mainly only on the beginning) but it feels pretty good. A little funny thing I noticed while running through the first ship was that when you shoot to open the doors sometimes it lags a second because I'm pretty sure it's loading the area behind it. There were a few times that I would run into a door because I guess it just wasn't loaded it. That was a little minor annoyance, nothing too major, and it only happened twice (before cut scenes it looks like).
For those people wondering how the game looks, it looks great. Definitely not the level of a 360 or PS3 game, don't even think about expecting that, but it is the best looking Wii game to date. I was overall very happy with the visuals and this was playing with a big projector on the wall.
And finally the holographic chic that people were talking about in the trailer, she appears to be some sort of shape changer so not a Halo copy.
Wish I could have spent more time with it but had to get back to work but from the little played and watched, the game looks to be great and definitely worth the wait.

Back