MOD Anyone?!?

cBus

WiiChat Member
Sep 14, 2006
:aureola: Just wondering if anyone has managed any sucessful MODs for the Wii yet. Am most interested in the possiblitity of getting the Wii to run ROMS off of an SD memory card.....which would be the SHIZITTLE!! (BTW: FREE SNOOP!) Would also appriciate it if anyone has any URL links to a site where somebody is working towards modding a Wii. Am VERY interested. Take Care.

Yes. there is new that the VC can run ROMS. (special roms)

Seriously though, I don't think there is anything yet, and even if there was I won't give you the link because that SHIZITTLE is ILEGIZZLE

Illegizzle or not, it's bound to happen,.and just chatting about it / looking at websites dedicated to modding is NOT illegizzle.

the last thing we need is the Wiichat forums being turned in to a piracy forum and getting **** down. So chatting about it may not be "illegizzle" it gives nintendo a reason to shut down wiichat.com.

Edit:
There are forums out there that are about modding the wii...its up to you to find it yourself...:shifty:

cBus said:
Illegizzle or not, it's bound to happen,.and just chatting about it / looking at websites dedicated to modding is NOT illegizzle.
I know its not illegal to look at the sites. but the type of modding you are talking about is illegal (i.e. playing ROMS). Only interesting thing would be a PS1 emulator, seeing as its not in the VC.

You can use the old GC exploit on the Wii to run roms off the SD card.

DISCLAIMER: For Testing Purposes Only. :thumbsup:

BTW: I think its up to Ion as to what'll fly on wiichat.com so I'll defer to him whether or not its ok to DISCUSS wii modding here. But I think he'll agree that this kind of discussion is NOT off topic. And, yes, testing PS1 ROMS would be GREAT on the wii.

btw, im not against modding. I've modded (hard mod) my ps1, xbox, and modded (soft) my psp. Im all for it, just not on these forums...

LF110, Yes, Nintendo does exhaustive testing on all of their (and their licensees products) however--for instance--I'm CERTAIN they do not test interoperability of Wii - PS1 interface which I am certainly interested in testing....and just because big N does testing doesnt mean little ole Mee can't conduct my own tests. Perhaps I'm interested in Wii DEV or am just a crackpot with too much spare time on my hands. :eek:ut:

Zingy, TY, I've heard about that GC mod before and would LOVE to see someone post a Wii youtube vid of it in action....plz lemme know. You're the man.

Last edited:
Back