Monday... A sad day for all Gamers...

Its unknown whether personal records will be kept [such as, being shown when you get online] but there will be no world rankings.

If you want to prove how god you are then why not go to a tournament like the ones they hold for Melee? I mean sure it would've been nice to organize tournaments online but well unless Sakurai finally adapts his thought processes to that of an average young Western male, then this is far from likely (although still possible.)

If ranking and tournaments are that vital to you then the best I can suggest is to set up a system amongst all friends involved having a pre-determined order of matches, and all match results would be sent via screen shot to the other contestants to track wins/losses.

did they announce there will be no world rankings? or is that your opinion?

it seems kinda obvious that they will eventually put personal records, i mean why wouldn't they?

^Yes, it has been confirmed that there will be no world rankings in an attempt to stop people from cheating and/or lagging out at the end of matches.

Good call, Sakurai.

well i guess that is a good thing, since i always hate people cheating by quitting the match at the end, drives me crazy

LevesqueIsKing said:
^Yes, it has been confirmed that there will be no world rankings in an attempt to stop people from cheating and/or lagging out at the end of matches.

Good call, Sakurai.

It was announced that there will be no rankings in the "Play Anyone" mode. Who knows, they could release a game mode with rankings and what not. Personally I feel that the leaderboards on certain games extend game life. BTW, people cheat. Get over it. Don't be a pussy because someone is beating you. And this isn't directed at you LevesqueIsKing. I'm just saying this to everyone. You win and you lose. Just because someone would find a way to cheat, and just so you know that would be far more difficult then you would believe, doesn't make you any less decent of a player. When someone cheats in a game I do my best to win anyways and I feel that has made me a better player. You gotta brush it off and keep trying your best. Most of all, keep your cool and don't give into your frustration which is what the cheater wants. If you happen to play a game with a cheater I'd just suggest that you don't play that person again. Just because of someones lack of ability to lose a game shouldn't determine whether or not leaderboards should be included.

Hey who cares? Its not like someone droping a nuecluer bomb or something.... jeez get over it.And besides there are other games out there so quit whining

Mingus said:
It was announced that there will be no rankings in the "Play Anyone" mode. Who knows, they could release a game mode with rankings and what not. Personally I feel that the leaderboards on certain games extend game life. BTW, people cheat. Get over it. Don't be a pussy because someone is beating you. And this isn't directed at you LevesqueIsKing. I'm just saying this to everyone. You win and you lose. Just because someone would find a way to cheat, and just so you know that would be far more difficult then you would believe, doesn't make you any less decent of a player. When someone cheats in a game I do my best to win anyways and I feel that has made me a better player. You gotta brush it off and keep trying your best. Most of all, keep your cool and don't give into your frustration which is what the cheater wants. If you happen to play a game with a cheater I'd just suggest that you don't play that person again. Just because of someones lack of ability to lose a game shouldn't determine whether or not leaderboards should be included.
No, there won't be any rankings. And yes, there would be way too many cheaters. If you have any idea how popular and how competetive smash is, you'd know that in every other match you'd be facing someone using a cheating device. This way, that number of people is minimized.

Back