mushroomedmario

ssb4life
May 5, 2007
Waterloo, ontario, canada
Wii Online Code
5701-4561-7633-7008
allright question about people moving out of their parent's house

what age did you do so?
anyone here move out while still going to high school?

i'm thinking of doing so

i'm 17, have a job that pays around 500 dollars(canadian) every 2 weeks. and i think i could get an apartment with a co-worker for about 450 per month
and i am still in high school allthough i only have a year left

and i have a cell phone bill about 30 bucks per month

anyone thinks i can pull it off?

my parents really annoy me, no i'm not being a dramatic teenager, but they really do...

and there are plenty of apartments near my work, and from there i can take a 5 minute bus ride to school, as opposed to my house where it's in the middle of nowhere and only one bus comes around here and it drives me nowhere

and sometimes i have a hard time getting home from work
and take the 50 minute walk home/25 minute bike ride(it's uphill)

i think that moving out would be a huge improvement in my current living situation, thoughts?

Well, im gonna move out in one year and i will be 17 at the time. But for me its different, i am also canadian and i live in Hamilton Ontario and i have a career that should last me for the rest of my life with the starting salary as more then an average school teacher.

Oh sorry, i forgot to mention how its different for me haha, im moving out to the united states in oregon.

Yeah, im to afraid to go with the flow, im always to afraid it wont work out for me, i feel more secure knowing that i know whats goin to happen.

no no no, what i mean is im afraid that i'll screw up if i go with the flow, not if i go to Oregon. I know all about Oregon ive visited many times.

You should be able to pull it off with a roomate. Have you considered the balance between school and work? It will probably take up most of your time and leave you quite worn out. As long as you can balance the two, why not give it a try? How long have you had the job? Are your parents supportive about it?

yeah considered that, again im' in my alst year and only need 7 credits, one of them will be gym so i only need 6 credits
and my work will be part time, yet i'll work a lot on the weekends

i've had my job for almost a year(11 months) and i don't htink my parents will 100% support it, but even though they bug me all the time, they like me living my own life(i.e. i have to pay for everything, and they hardly ever give me drives places)

One rule about livein with people
Make sure you get allong

Also there are more bills to worry about such as
Food - You gota eat
Net conetion - Unless you cant be arsed
Elcetric - Gota have power
And you need stuff to put in there (ie sofa, bed, tv)

yeah i think i got those covered, it'll be relatively near the restaurant where i work at and i get a discount

we get along pretty well i guess, and we have no problem lending money to each other and what not
and i don't mind eating rice-cheap yet good
net connection-i assumed this came with the monthly fee
electric-yeah i think i got that covered
furniture-i'll jsut take the stuff from my room, that should be enough

As long as they will let you go back home if it falls apart, I say go for it. My first move out was a few months after high school and it failed miserably. Just keep in mind that bills have to come first, and that can get old if you always have to spend all your hard earned money on them...hence the roomate; that is if you can deal with living with somebody and if you can trust them not to go through your things and/or steal from you, etc. Apartment life does have its quirks and you might like it. Gotta try things to know whether you like them or not, I too go with the flow.

allright next time i see my co-worker i'm going to tell him i'm up for it and down with it

i only see convenience in this situation, the only negative is the less money

positives-
locational convenience
away from my rents
experience on living on my own

i'm going to save up a good 1000 before moving out though...just in case

Back