My Zelda Timeline Theory. *get ready to read*

zapasant

Where is your god now?
Aug 13, 2007
Canada
Wii Online Code
2887-9874-6238-6951
alright, so we know its almost virtually inpossible to find a true chonilogical timeline to LOZ series, wh knows, maybe there isnt one, but its always fun to kill our selves trying to find it.

so, i have come up with MY own theory on this messed up timeline.

i have watched many timelines, read many thughts and this is what i came up with.

here it goes

Alright, so here we start off with what i think and many belive is the first game, that being the legend of zelda minish cap, simply just because in the gameplay it has NO mention of gannon what so ever, it shows the roots of the master sword and how it came to be and it explaines how the first hero came to have his own hat, which leads to every other zelda hero to have one aswell.

After the minish cap i belive that the four swords comes next, the gameboy advance one, not the gamecube one, not many reasons why, just simply because it the only other NON SEQUAL game to not mention gannon.

and here is where we all know it gets messed. the split time line theory in ocarina of time.

In OOT link goes through part of his childhood and pulls the master sword putting him 7 years into the future. In the future it was his job to awaken all the sages, and later save the hyrule that has been taken over by ganondorf during links tie travel period. later in the game link defeats ganon and all the sages send ganon into the void of the Evil Realm. later zelda sends link back to the past so that he can re-experiece his childhood, THUS leaing future hyrule with NO link.

now, lets go back to the past, this is a given, majoras's mask is obiously a direct sequel to OOT as it involves young link trying to get his fairy friend navi back who was lost in the temple of time.

now, here is where im gonna reck some other theories by starting my own.

My theorie is that after the events of majora's mask comes links awakening, the game involves link trying to get back to hyrule to find zelda...and the final boss of this game is called nighmare, and nighmares final form is ganondorf, and later at the end of the battle you come to relize the whole adventure was a dream, which leads that nighmare REALLY WAS a nighmare, and if he dreamed of ganon that must mean he still has the memories from coming from the future.

My next game would be four swords adventure for the gamecube, because as another timeline had stated, it shows the origins of hw ganon came to have his signature trident.

After, i say its a link to the past, this is what i think happens, link makes his way back to hyrule after his ship crashes in link awakening, and he comes to relize that even all the warning that he has given the king of hyrule still didnt stop ganondorf from following through his evil plan, so once again link must stop ganondorf, after gannon is beaten he is litterally KILLED, he isnt sent off to some relm, HE IS KILLED.

And the final game on the part of the timeline would be one of the oracle games, i dont know which one but i belive this because in BOTH the oracle games it involves someone trying to revive ganondorf, which leads me to belive he is dead otherwise he wouldnt need to be revived.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

no on the the future hyrule side.

after link is sent back to relive his childhood, that hyrule is left with no link, no hero to stop ganondorf.
So, ganondorf escapes from the relm and reaks havok among hyrule, the gods arent able to stop ganondorf so to stop him they decide to flood hyrule, as hyrule is flooding many people of different races decide to migrate to the mountains.

And this is where wind waker begins, after gannon is KILLED, because he is killed, not sent away, king of red lions talks to link and tetra about finding a new land and claiming it as hyrule.

then comes phantom hour glass, i dont need to explaine because this is a direct sequel to wind waker.

now here is where i needed some serious help so i looked every where for an aswere on to where to put the first 2 zelda games so here is what i got.

After wind waker events the spell that kept hyrule under water wore off and after thousands of years the water dried off thus leaving the original landscape of hyrule. everything was effected due to the flood ecxept death mountain which was too high to be effected, and fair enough, death mountain is the only recognizeable landscape in that game.

Later they founded the new hyrule with new town names honouring the sages, which leads s to why the towns in zelda 2 are named after them.

AND THEN THERE IS TWILIGHT!

which i have no idea where to put, maybe there will be more zelda games that will help me pieces all this together.

i know there are tonnes of flaws in my theorie, but thats ok, im fine with your critizisim, i just thought i'de share my thoughts on this. please let me know what flaws are in it so i can try to fix

thank you, but belive me, there are many flaws :)

zapasant93 said:
thank you, but belive me, there are many flaws :)

yeah i know but ill deliberately overlook them because figuring zeldas timeline is like writing phd in astrophysics.

reminds me of a saying: "it aint exactly rocket science, is it?":lol: :lol: :lol:

I think this is the most accurate Zelda time line out there. It took too many countless hours to have it not recognized for something.

i'de make it more accurate if i knew where twilight princess went!!!!!

Nice work.
Many times I have found myself trying to figure all of it out with no luck, its such a confusing series of events. Great games though.

It wasn't even too long, which is good because you still managed to include a lot.

CantGetAWii said:
Nice work.
Many times I have found myself trying to figure all of it out with no luck, its such a confusing series of events. Great games though.

It wasn't even too long, which is good because you still managed to include a lot.

i just put that "get ready to read" cause i dont want people to post without reading, it bugs me cause they get the whole discussion out of wack because they dont even know whats being discussed, oh and i also i thought it'de be longer...guess not

Nice timeline theory, it's better than some of the ones I've seen before. I posted one of my own on this site in the past, but since then I've come to a different conclusion: I think that the series' continuity is a bit like the Simpsons and South Park, i.e. the different games are so filled with points that contradict each other that it makes it impossible to form a perfectly plausible timeline. Nintendo have always advocated the design philosophy of gameplay before story, so I think they never gave much thought to any overall timeline.

Back