New Opening Page for Wiichat!

New home page is tight. Forum skin is decent, it grows on you. Did for me anyways...

I was so bloody close to 9000

IMO it looks great but would look better if it had a blurb about this: Nintendo Ships 45 Million Wii Systems

I'm not sure if there is a way to notify the powers that produce the front page about newsworthy items.

-hank

Yeah it is tricky to manage the updates (especially when there's constant updates for Wii-related news).

I'll figure out a good system to send in news tips, maybe something along the lines of a twitter message.

I'd suggest email but that isn't always the quickest/easiest route.

Yeah apparently there are some bugs still flying around (such as the March inbox one), but these things happen, especially on programs dependant on "hard disks and servers". If you've ever played an MMO or MMORPG you'll notice that server checks and maintenance occur regularly, for example. The new opening page (not the forum layout) does seem a bit generic now that someone mentioned it and isn't as much of a "warm welcome"--but who said that such an addition would be bad for the site? Personally I think it looks great and is well-organized.

Back