New update August 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamefreak4

Awesome Person
Jun 22, 2007
Wii Online Code
7837-2468-5504-9172
What is everybodys favorite part about the new firmware update for wii. I like the digital clock and everything they did to the shop channel. I think they should allow you to buy smaller incriments of points though.

havent seen the new firmware yet so i cant say..

have to agree on the smaller amounts of points being available, would be handy when you are only after one game..

Damn, this makes me want my Wii even more now.* From what I hear, the new shop channel interface looks good and a digital clock is always a good addition to any menu or interface. Glad Nintendo has a new update, when was the last, April?

*(I'm in London, not my house so I have no access to my Wii).

Last edited:
^A new channel!? I thought it was just some junky additions to old channels? Any info on it? (I cant get to my wii right now and didnt even know we got an update)

Reggie said we'd be getting a new channel by the end of september. This can't be what he was talking about, can it?

I really like the fact that i can now check what the weather is like without having to wait for ages for it to connect and tell me!! Great to see a summary on the Wii menu now!

Also think a smaller amout of Wii points should be avaliable and also would be great to see a better anount of games that can play online would be great too!! (only have mario strikers!!)

Oh yeah... the Mii channel needs to be updated to have more features like hair and stuff like that.

Last edited:
my wii is just updating as i type...i'll edit with my thoughts...damn i hate waiting! do you guys in the US have to use a credit card to buy wiipoints directly off your wii, or can you use a debit card? or do you just by a wii points card from a shop?

I thought it was just some junky additions to old channels?
Reggie said we'd be getting a new channel by the end of september. This can't be what he was talking about, can it?

No, There is not a whole new channel, just updates on the shop channel (searching facilities etc) and on the news and weather channel (like i said in my last post)!

so yeh, just to clarify...

-there's now a digital clock on the wii menu - a very handy addition in my opinion!

-the forecast channel now displays the current weather on its channel window, as does the news channel with the latest news (like the everybody votes channel displays the latest question and answers on its window)

-the 'today's accomplishments' letter is now white, differing it from other letters which remain cream(?)

-the wii shop channel has a slightly different layout in places, including a 'recommended titles' page on the start page...u can now also search for a title by entering the name of it

i think that's everything, a decent update in all! if there's anything i've missed then post it please

Does anyone know anything about the update everyone is banging on about with the LED? I cannot see any difference on my Wii.

Ignore my last post I have just seen what the difference is! It fliskers after every pulse! That is soooo cool!

Also there is another difference.. it makes a noise when you receive a message.

Any other things that have been updated?

I love how it glows when you eject or put in a game. The clock is cool too I always wondered why it asked the time and date when I first started up the console..I guess they took a while to figure out what to do with it lol. Nintendo never lets you down though!

Evolve82 said:
Ignore my last post I have just seen what the difference is! It fliskers after every pulse!/QUOTE]

What do you mean 'fliskers'?

my dog has noticed the differences. He started barking at the Wii and I was wondering what he was doing. Then I noticed the flickering of the blue console light. That he notices and barks at, but me walking in at 2am in the morning and he's sound asleep on his back on the carpet.

Sounds good. The recommended titles for the Shop Channel should come in handy. I'll have to check this out later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back