Ngamer Brawl Review: 9.3

TO extra life: agreed. his article is a biased opinion not a review... he speaks only on what HE thinks about features... he doesnt even talk about game play which is the heart and soul of the strength of the smash series

Atomheart said:
And since when was 9.3 a bad score? I think the reviewer hit it head on. Personally, I don't see how a game that is basically Melee with some (admittedly good) additions, improved graphics, and horribly handicapped/half-arsed online (although, better than nothing) could receive more than a 9.5.
9.3 isn't a bad score indeed but what does he based his judgement on? The bad side he points out isn't even strong.

Of course at the core SSBB is still a fighting game like Melee like SSB. That's sorta like saying I don't see what's so great about this version of a car, it has four wheels and drive faster..
If you're looking for an entirely new game then it wouldn't be called SSB now would it?
The feature that they add creates much more fun in the game, like final smash. The rush to run and get it and the rush to run away if you didn't. They even enhanced single mode further than Melee adding a story line. What I'm trying to say is that this game isn't just a mere "let's add more character and stages and call it a sequel" They actually put their time in developing new things that enhances SSB.

As for the online, Sakurai has already said what he feels about a rank board and online battle with anyone. You need to take in consideration this is a fighting game as well, so you can't expect same features as FPS online. Other than that I don't think it's too bad.. actually I think we're taking for granted that SSB is going to be online. He's trying to broaden Smash's audience. Indeed, that's why most of the stage are flat and uninovative like that article point out, so new player can adept to the game easier. But that's why there's stage builder.. let your own innovation run there.

Anyways, I'm probably babbling on too much. The article was written nicely but I don't see any support for the score he gives. And some down side he points out is more personal opinion than anything.

Last edited:
In my opinion, this game deserves at least a 9.5 from ngamer. i mean, they gave pokemon a 10 and i think this game has WAY more stuff than that (better picture quality, more gameplay time ect.) ngamer gave too low, np gave too high (10). so i think a decent score would be around 9.5. anyone agree?

PrinceLink said:
Brawl is close to perfect but is not personally i would give it a 9.1 due to it's online play problems but that faces all wii games, changed my mind 9.3 is good and didnt like how tey gave it a 10 in nintendo magizine too when they scarsly talked about a few mistakes a 10 game has only 1 minor mistake or none,

Does anyone have a list to the most top rated games in history or the top games of the nexgen consoles?
dude do you even have the game?? how do you know about online?? did any review sites mention that in booting up a JAPANESE copy of brawl they are probably running off servers IN JAPAN?

Douten said:
actually I think we're taking for granted that SSB is going to be online.
hello? nintendo? get with the times! 2008! not 2001! oh and after so shortly getting their online sh*t together theyre almost ready to start charging even with the next games. yea...

Lugia said:
hello? nintendo? get with the times! 2008! not 2001! oh and after so shortly getting their online sh*t together theyre almost ready to start charging even with the next games. yea...
Again this isn't a FPS..
Soul Calibur isn't online do people whine and moan?
The thing about Smash is that it offers such great multiplayer that Big N decides to take it online to sastisfy the fans. But really if they didn't we'll all get over ourselves.. This game was meant for people to play together offline. That is exactly why we're taking it for granted "because everyone is going online.. if you're not you fail...." The game isn't great because it has online, but because it's SSB.

I do look forward to the online battles, don't misunderstand me. But I grow tired of people complaining "No rank board!!! No communication!! that's not real online".. Give people what they want and they'll always crave for more.

random battles now have almost no appeal to me. forget rankings - you cant trade information or even be positive about the match. i dont want his (sakurai) half assed reasons for doing a half assed job on random matches. and youre right if it wasnt going to be online that would be old news in a matter of weeks.

he didnt give people what they want because he took online and turned it into this no option piece of junk. this game is all about options right? let people have their voice chat and rated/non rated matches. NO! the offline version is going to be everything you want but if you want to play online now you play by his rules. weak.

The restriction of online SSBB can not be blamed of the developers alone. It's not like Big N gives him the project and he can go make anything he wants/like. The fact still remains that you are able to go online and fight with a friend or a complete stranger. If you are into online mode for more of socializing than playing then SSBB probably won't suit your taste.

They have limited communication within friends chat. But if you're gonna fight a friend there's other way to communicate with them as well, like the suggested Skype. Then what of a total stranger fight? the only thing you probably have to say to them is either good match or I pwn choo which I'm sure each player can already sense for theirself.

Voicechat wasn't something the developers can do because of Big N. They can't just put something in that isn't supported yet. It's just because Big N is just now stepping into online gameplay.

You have to also take into consideration the type of game it was -meant- to be and the extra they add for the online crowd. I don't see why rating is really necessary as we have forums like this to set up tournament.. if you feel that you're tough join one. Rating wouldn't be fair to those who's got the game first and those who's got it later. You have to take into consideration those who can play almost all day and those who can't. Sure it might have been nice to know your "rank" but it's not as dramatic as it sound not to have ranking.

Sovieto said:
pokemons on gameboys got a 10
halo 2 got a 9.8, or was it 9.9???

and zelda OOT got a 10 i believe.

/fail
No you fail/ lol for even trying to start an argument lol......... hey have you ever heard when magazines start losing sales they try something crazy so people will get their attention? maybe thats it, oh well cant wait till those 9.3 is what it deserves people get proven wrong.

Epic Fail for NGamer

Now, here's the thing that's unfair and probably proves that Ngamer is totally retarded ...

They put King Dedede and Bowser ... as clones ...

(I'm sorry, but I forgot to realize that King Dedede has 5 jumps, a long hammer and throws minions, and bowser's up be is a shell, side-b grabs ..)

Etc. There's the epic phailure for NGamer, right there ...

i hope everybody is getting brawl on wiichat so we can make a thread of friend codes so that could solve 1 of the problems >.< i hope i become near in the first page for the friend codes so i can play every1

Back