Nintendo announces the 2DS

I think its stupid but its not really aimed at us. It is aimed at children ages 7 and under. It doesn't fold because that age group constantly breaks them at the hinge. I've seen it over and over. It doesn't have 3D, again, because it is aimed at young children and the 3d effect can damage their eyes. Yes, it does somewhat tap into the market of adults who don't want to buy a full priced 3DS but it is mostly for children.

Also, I wish they would release a normal 3ds without 3d that is cheaper because I would have gotten that one since I can't really do 3D. My eyes are very out of whack and unless I get contacts, which I hate since they are more trouble than they are worth, my glasses throw the 3D effect off and it just looks like shit

EDIT: Found on Reddit
W1vza06.png

Last edited:
How does the 3D mess up their eyes anyway? I let my cousin borrow my 3DS to play NSMB2, and she played it with the 3D on. She's fine.

Ironically, she's the only one in my family without glasses.

How does the 3D mess up their eyes anyway? I let my cousin borrow my 3DS to play NSMB2, and she played it with the 3D on. She's fine.

Childrens eyes are still in a major state of development (peoples eyes are usually still developing until like age 23 or something but 0-7 is most important) and the strain of the glasses free 3D can hinder the development.

B-but aren't most consoles for ages 8 and up?

She's one person. Don't use one person's reaction to define an entire statistic.

Nintendo 2DS target towards kids and unbreakable save you buying new one because Nintendo 2DS cant get broken, or 3ds/3ds xl or dsi or dsixl can get broken very easily why do you think protection cases are designed for them but 3ds/3ds xl or dsi or dsixl cost you over €100/$100 to get 3ds/3ds xl or dsi or dsixl repaired

i known protection cases out there only €10/$10- €20/$20 for protection case, but noone seems to buy one and cant buy protection cases for xl versions

This Sucks (Money Out Of Cheap Peoples Hand For Something That Shows Nintendo Isn't Able To Be Innovative Anymore).

Ironically I have a Limited Edition Pikachu Yellow Nintendo 3DS, but it's not a Pokemon Machine. Pokemon will not come three feet of it.

Last edited:
But the previous versions of all of Nintendo's past handheld systems paved the way when it came to innovation.

This Sucks (Money Out Of Cheap Peoples Hand For Something That Shows Nintendo Isn't Able To Be Innovative Anymore).
It's not supposed to be innovative in the slightest, genius.

Yeah, I understand the design sucks. But as stated before, it is so kids (the main audience) won't break the hinges. The lower price also helps people who don't care about the 3D and are willing to live with the more inconvenient design.

Alternatives are good. Do you wanna buy one? Obviously not. Do I wanna buy one? Nope. Do other people want to buy one? Some. So stop complaining, it's not like they're forcing you to buy it.

Last edited:
All this hate about the 2ds is getting really old. If you don't like it, then don't buy it. As simple as that.

i buy it eventually im not sure when, since it has streetpass, and since ive 3ds and 3ds xl, when go about with all 3, i get more then 2hits, ireland isnt that great for streetpass but 2ds will increase streetpass

Back