Nintendo Power Reviews Brawl

^SSB is not planned to go on forever.

Sakurai has said this in the past, and has gone on to say that this is the reason why they try to make every SSB as if it were the last.

In fact, at the beginning stages, they were just planning to remake Melee with online play.

Lugia said:
its not just the roster. lack of strategy involved in battles, SSE sounds sort of faulty as a storyline, an assist trophy is like another pokeball... some of them are alright ideas but with items its getting to the point of total spam and it seems like some of the people grading this game forget its the 3rd in a series of games. i dont know about the rest of you but ill be playing the game in a matter of hours like i always had it.

It just sounds like to me that you read too many spoilers...

But, you know what you should really do before griping over a game you've never played that's gotten perfect reviews from all reviewers that have reviewed it thus far... you should play it..
Lugia said:
^ i think that would of been a good idea to

I would have absolutely hated that idea. From what I've read and seen in videos, Brawl looks to be a completely different fighter than Melee. Actually, Nintendo Power said the controls feel smoother. I've heard the game is more floaty, and, if it's true that all of the glitches are gone, the game will be a completely different experience.

So, what I'm saying is.. I would not have been cool with a Melee remake.

Last edited:
nintendo power slightly bias? they pretty much rely on Nintendo to sell their magazine. Still they do have to reward games like Mario Party lower scores. I'm getting the game whatever people may say but harder graders like gamespot or ign have more meaningful reviews.
EDIT: I don't think anyone should believe this will be the last SSB-type game, what Sakurai is saying is just another marketing strategy. "Get it while you can". That is until another 3 or 4 years pass.

Last edited:
On the contrary, many people say they have no bias at all. Often their reviews are very fair, and for the occasional game, they give it lower than average scores.

Super Mario Galaxy, Endless Ocean, and Link's Crossbow Training out of the top of my head.

People just right away assume that a Nintendo publication is bias over Nintendo games even without any real proof.

Wii-Fi: Not true. I don't think you understand how close we came to not recieving a new SSB game...

nic: I think you mean it is more floaty. Brawl is going to be MUCH slower than Melee.

I think I will LOVE this Game.....course I said that for Mario Strikers Charged,but I dint like that very much.......
But Im almost SURE I will LOVE this game(Unlike Strikers Charged...)

Levesque- I think I wrote that backwards.. I haven't been re-reading my post recently.

They should have given this game like a 15 out of 10.

I played this game with my friend. (he has a jap Wii)

It freakin kills.

I guarantee, no other Wii game will EVER be played more than Brawl will.

LevesqueIsKing said:
^I really hope you realize how lucky you are.

xD

Hell yes man.

But my friend is a dick, he was playing it for 3 damn days straight.

Wouldn't let anyone come over.

But I got to play, GOD DAMN ITS AWESOME!!!

Im waiting for US release to see how their voices will sound and all.

SO excited...

i understand SSB won't go on forever, but that doesn't mean this is the last one, not at all. Sakurai has said he makes EACH ONE like it's the last, so this probably has the same chance as melee of getting a sequel.

I dunno, maybe when a new generation console comes out.

It has been a pattern:

SSB for N64

SSBM for Game Cube

SSBB for Wii.

I doubt there will be an SSBB 2 for Wii, maybe for the Zii in the next 7 years? lol.

^ I agree. I feel like each console whould have its own Smash Bros. title, more than one on a single console would feel wrong to me.

Back