~Official Killzone 2 Thread~

My fan already turns on for other games so im already used to it, but now I guess some people are understanding what I mean by the PS3 fan actually being louder than the 360's.

The same is solid but so far im not feeling amazed other than the graphics. The sluggish sensitivity is making this game really hard, it's hard for me to aim with it and I miss alot. Other than that it's good but nothing that hasn't been done before.

I duno if it's the game or if I am just getting tired of shooters, I need some other type games.

My fan already turns on for other games so im already used to it, but now I guess some people are understanding what I mean by the PS3 fan actually being louder than the 360's.

The same is solid but so far im not feeling amazed other than the graphics. The sluggish sensitivity is making this game really hard, it's hard for me to aim with it and I miss alot. Other than that it's good but nothing that hasn't been done before.

I duno if it's the game or if I am just getting tired of shooters, I need some other type games.

Since you're getting tired of shooters, maybe it's time for you to join the Wii bandwagon and trade in one of your PS3/360 for a wii. This way you could play shooters in a different way (wiimote) and add some fun into it. Plus w/ the Wii, you could play all types of non-shooting games like Madworld, Punch-Out, MarioKart, Brawl, Okami, Wii sports Resort, RedSteel2(swordfighting w/ wiimotionplus), TigerWoods2010(wmplus), Pikmin, World of Goo, etc. That's why a have a PS3 and a Wii so I can get the best of both worlds.

Since you're getting tired of shooters, maybe it's time for you to join the Wii bandwagon and trade in one of your PS3/360 for a wii. This way you could play shooters in a different way (wiimote) and add some fun into it. Plus w/ the Wii, you could play all types of non-shooting games like Madworld, Punch-Out, MarioKart, Brawl, Okami, Wii sports Resort, RedSteel2(swordfighting w/ wiimotionplus), TigerWoods2010(wmplus), Pikmin, World of Goo, etc. That's why a have a PS3 and a Wii so I can get the best of both worlds.

lol the majority of us ps3 owners here sold our wiis for PS3s. (i think that includes tekn9ne as well) you dont have to promote the wii here, most of us dont like the direction it's taken and sold them already. not to say you are wrong but lets stick to the topic please.

i havent been online since thursday i dont like that you have to reach the top rank in to unlock the sniper class. thats going to take me a while.

hey gues, i think i may be picking up the game tomorow

can someone fill me in on how the ranking and level up system works?

You get points for every kill you make (1 point) and if you accidently kill a teammate (happens often) you get -3 (annoying). You can also get mission points for doing stuff that has to do with the objective and some other type points, but most come from kills and mission points. If you win then it multiplies your points by 1.5

Your points are added up and that's what determines when you level up. Now Killzone is alot about grinding because in order to get new badges and weapons you have to rank up.

Here are the following ranks and point (or exp) requirements:

Private...............................0
Corporal.............................30
Sergeant............................100
Sergeant 1st Class...............200
Master Sergeant..................350
Sergeant Major....................550
Lieutenant..........................800
Captain..............................1100
Major.................................1450
Lieutenant Colonel................1850
Colonel...............................2300
General...............................2800

I currently am a Sergeant 1st Class with 255 points. Today my highest scoring game was 28 points and it would have been 42 points if we won. Now, what makes it more of a grindfest is the fact that you cannot jump straight into being a medic, engineer, scout, etc. You have to level up first.

Badges and req are as follow:

Medic - Master Sergeant
Engineer - Lieutenant
Tactician - Major
Assault - Lieutenant Colonel
Saboteur - Colonel
Scout - General

You also gain new guns in between that and apparently you can mix badges (from what I read before the release of KZ2).

But that's not all, their are also Ribbons and Medals that you can earn and when you earn a certain amount it adds more skill to your character. For example:

I have 5 natural born killer ribbons (i forgot what it was for) and after I get 3 more, I will be able to carry an extra grenade. YAY! :)

I also have 4 corpse counter ribbons and when I get 4 more it will apparently increase the amount of points I get per kill when playing "Body Count" gametype.

So yea, it's kind of RPG-ish, very cool IMO

The only downside to this game is the guns seem pretty inaccurate at longer ranges but I think you have to shoot in burst, problem is you don't die fast enough to use burst efficiently so it's easy for someone to just take cover. Unless of course you get a headshot, then they die fast, but its hard to pull off unless they're just standing there. Most headshots are just luck.

Aiming is hard because of how they made the game, so you gotta get used to it.

Overall it's a damn great game

Heh I want to get it, but I think I'll wait till after Cod4's last double XP weekend... It'll be too distracting for me if I buy it sooner.

I love it :D

And as far as controls go, I found it best for me to turn the sensitivity -down-.

There's no aim assist to slow down the turn to lock on, so I wound up shooting to the left and right of the person as I tried to find the center. But turning the sensitivy down fixed that.

I'm running it on an HDTV, and it's stunning.

It's fun, just wish I woulda knew about the whole "Bots in multiplayer easy exp" thing that went on. Now I gotta get levels the hard way while everyone else that got in on it is already generals and whatnot ]:

I love it :D

And as far as controls go, I found it best for me to turn the sensitivity -down-.

There's no aim assist to slow down the turn to lock on, so I wound up shooting to the left and right of the person as I tried to find the center. But turning the sensitivy down fixed that.

I'm running it on an HDTV, and it's stunning.

It's fun, just wish I woulda knew about the whole "Bots in multiplayer easy exp" thing that went on. Now I gotta get levels the hard way while everyone else that got in on it is already generals and whatnot ]:

To level up with bots you need to have at least 1 human player with you in game.

son of a *****

i looked in about 5 different places, and Killzone 2 was either sold out or the shipment hadnt arrived yet.

gonna have to try to scavange again tomorrow

Technically, I've had 13 hours of play or so.

In actuality, there's been maybe 7 that's come from me.

'Cause I let other people play. One who doesn't have a PS3, but wants one. And the other, who has the game, a ps3, but his mom took his ps3 away from him.

I unlocked engineer. OHYEAAAH.

But maaaaan. People getting general already.

Back