Official Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Thread

TortillaChip520 said:
redsteel couldve been fine for online. thrown in a couple more maps and a few more weapons.

Not even close to fine. Anytime someone half-way competent comes up behind you, you're dead given the time it takes to turn around. So either you can strafe with your back against a wall the entire game, or just pretend you don't care that the controls suck. It's better than nothing--but the gap in the Wii hardcore lineup isn't going to be filled with shovelware. RS is the best multiplayer FPS on the Wii, it's just not a tough category to win.

There were rumors that RS2 might be online, but we all know how those rumors pan out. If it is, I plead with them to beg borrow and steal controls from other games like MP3C. The other major weakness the RS ip has is it's plot location. The Present. Future tech provides many more options.

MP3C had everything that was necessary--the controls, the vistas, the name recognition. Adding the feature needed take nothing away from the metroid fanatics, and it would have absolutely destroyed any and all ps360 taunts of the Wii as just a kiddie machine and rocked the Wii's core lineup. Apparently, however, that taunt is going to remain very potent for a very long time. I could go get a PS360, but why would I want to pay more money to play with an inferior controller? I can mash buttons on a 3rd gen machine.

TortillaChip520 said:
well, despite what you think, im really not trying to argue w/ you. i am simply expressing my opinion, but our opinions clash. which, is fine.

i dont think multiplayer on mp2 sucked, it just wasnt anything amazing, and i think that'd be the case w/ mp3. Except, if it were online people WOULD be expecting somekthing amazing, and when they didnt get what they expected, it'd get bashed to oblivion.

also, i realize you said the single player will not suck. there is nothing you can do to the game w/out changing the single player to make it suck.

i just dont wanna see my favorite game get bashed when it's done nothing wrong.

Earlier you said MP2 multiplayer was bad. Backtrack. Also, in any decent review they would mention it but also express how good single mode is. And if it didn't have multiplayer online, people will bash it for that too. What it comes down to is that it really doesn't matter what people say. It's just a game, enjoy it if you do. I enjoyed War Gods for N64 back in the day! That's the most guilty pleasure I hold! Do I care that people say it sucks? no! I thought it was pretty cool back then! and Another thing, you can't call it your favorite game (unless your just speaking of Metroid as a series). We haven't played MP3 yet. What if the campaign mode DID suck? Its highly unlikely. But it is a possibility. I want MP3 as much as anyone for campaign. But something I think would really give it an added boost is online multiplayer. People would say it's not as good as Halo 3 and blah blah blah. But on Wii it would be the best thing out. And it would hold Wii owners over for a good amount of time.

Wiinter said:
Not even close to fine. Anytime someone half-way competent comes up behind you, you're dead given the time it takes to turn around. So either you can strafe with your back against a wall the entire game, or just pretend you don't care that the controls suck. It's better than nothing--but the gap in the Wii hardcore lineup isn't going to be filled with shovelware. RS is the best multiplayer FPS on the Wii, it's just not a tough category to win.

There were rumors that RS2 might be online, but we all know how those rumors pan out. If it is, I plead with them to beg borrow and steal controls from other games like MP3C. The other major weakness the RS ip has is it's plot location. The Present. Future tech provides many more options.

MP3C had everything that was necessary--the controls, the vistas, the name recognition. Adding the feature needed take nothing away from the metroid fanatics, and it would have absolutely destroyed any and all ps360 taunts of the Wii as just a kiddie machine and rocked the Wii's core lineup. Apparently, however, that taunt is going to remain very potent for a very long time. I could go get a PS360, but why would I want to pay more money to play with an inferior controller? I can mash buttons on a 3rd gen machine.

yes, a game styled like mp3 would be the answer to all my prayers. 10+ weapons and a few maps would be awesome. the only proble with it being metroid prime 3 is that it has neither of those. if they made a metroid prime w/ a few extra beams and power-ups, i would die a happy man. but it's just not happening with this one.

Last edited:
Doc141 said:
Earlier you said MP2 multiplayer was bad. Backtrack. Also, in any decent review they would mention it but also express how good single mode is. And if it didn't have multiplayer online, people will bash it for that too. What it comes down to is that it really doesn't matter what people say. It's just a game, enjoy it if you do. I enjoyed War Gods for N64 back in the day! That's the most guilty pleasure I hold! Do I care that people say it sucks? no! I thought it was pretty cool back then! and Another thing, you can't call it your favorite game (unless your just speaking of Metroid as a series). We haven't played MP3 yet. What if the campaign mode DID suck? Its highly unlikely. But it is a possibility. I want MP3 as much as anyone for campaign. But something I think would really give it an added boost is online multiplayer. People would say it's not as good as Halo 3 and blah blah blah. But on Wii it would be the best thing out. And it would hold Wii owners over for a good amount of time.

i said mp2 is my favorite game. and you're right, it would be great online, just, it'd need something more. it'd wouldnt get bashed as bad if it JUST had multiplayer, and not online, but people just assume that it'll be online because it's in the first person and you shoot things. like i said, if they threw in some more beams and maps it'd be fine. but until then, multiplayer will just not be what it could be.

Back