Official Stage Builder Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
here's a good stress reliever:
I got this design from this months nintendo power, but I closed off the box on the top right:
PHTO0040.jpg

Now all you do is
1. go into training mode and jump up into the box.
2. set cp to 3 and then set them to attack mode. when they jump up into the box with you, set the cp to walk so they stay in the box
3. Have Fun!
PHTO0046.jpg

I'm working on a Tetris stage, I will post once done.

Edit:
Done! Not exactly what I wanted, but it sort of works
This stage it's basically real hard to edge guard, cause of the ladder. A strategy would be raise up the damage and launch in the right direction :3

Download here: http://www.douten.net/st_090312_1921.bin
According to Mitch just put the file in "private\wii\app\RSBE\st\" I will try it with his map to see if it works.

Here's some screen :3
tetris_stage_1.jpg

tetris_stage_2.jpg

tetris_stage_3.jpg

After I took the screen I added two spring on the bottom beside the ladder.

Last edited:
for the stage of the day do we have to be online at a certain time since i cant have my wii online 24h or do we get it if we go on after a certain time befor the end of the day. i working on a reallly cool stage and i'll upload the pics as soon as i can

some guy invited me to a stage meet him in ign and it was a stage made of penises it was disgusting

so you cant close the side gaps on a created stage? i build the blocks all the way across the screen, but in game, there is always a gap on each side. hate it.

This might be helpfull, i found this on IGN: http://supersmashbros.ign.com/articles/features/62/How-to-Share-Stages

What You'll Need
To download and upload stages, you'll need an SD memory card - the same type of memory card used in many digital cameras, mobile phones, and PDAs.

(Because wiichat doesnt do the first step your just going to have to upload the file first through and SD card, post it on this thread THEN wiichat useres can click and download the file to follow the rest of the directions below. There are lots of ways to put an SD card onto your computer though, some printers have slots for them.)

Downloading A Stage
1. Choose the download link for the file, which is represented by a giant "Download" button right below the rating of the level. Save it to the following location on your SD card:

*US:\private\wii\app\RSBE\st\filename.bin
*Japanese: \private\wii\app\RSBJ\st\filename.bin

2. Put the SD card in your Wii and start up SSBB.

3. Go into either the Solo (Training) or Brawl modes

4. After selecting your characters, when you get to the Stage selection screen, click on the button named "Melee Stages" in the very bottom right-hand corner of the screen

5. Once you're in the Melee stage selection screen, once again look for a button in the bottom right-hand of screen, but this time it will be called "Custom Stage"

6. After you're in the Custom Stage selection screen, simply highlight the stage you want to play on and click it

Uploading A Stage
1. In the stage builder, after you've created your level to your liking, click Ok in bottom left of the screen and then when it offers you up the choice between saving the level to your SD card or the system itself, choose to save to the SD card.

2. Take the SD card out of your Wii and put it in your computer. The saved stages will be located at:

*US: \private\wii\app\RSBE\st\filename.bin
*Japanese: \private\wii\app\RSBJ\st\filename.bin

3. Choose 'Add a new stage'.

•Give your stage an appropriate name.
•Provide an interesting description.
•Upload your file.
•(optional) Upload screenshots you've made also. If not don't worry, we have default images to go with each background.

4. Your stage won't appear immediately but if you don't see it within 24 hours, please contact us at ssbw (at) supersmashbros.ign.com.

Updating A Stage You've Already Submitted
1. Go to Manage Submissions and choose your entry you'd like to update.

2. Upload a new file, edit description, add screens according to the form.

3. Choose a new revision number for your file.

4. Your changes will immediately show up!

Last edited:
I don't know how this happened but I got a stage I didn't make like 2 days ago. It is a really crappy stage (I can't fix it cuz it was sent to me) with a pillar in the middle, ladders on each side and that is it, the pillar take up almost the entire screen. It is in Japenese (the name of it) so it wasn't one of my friends (or me when I was really tired or something).

Kukamunga said:
does the psp memory stick work with this by any chance? lol
yes, however i wouldnt use it unless if you want all of your PSP memory erased, as if you enter in a non pre-formatted card (either a PSP or any normal SD card, the ones that say Wii on the box are already formatted, although it takes like 3 seconds to do yourself in the menu) then it will ask you to format it when you put it in the wii. If you press yes, the memory is erased, then it will work for the wii. Then if later on you wanted to use that card for a camera or PSP again, you would have to insert it there and format it again, meaning data loss. So if you have anything on you PSP SD card, just dont use that one lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back