Pearl for 20 bux.

Cap'n Crunch

WiiChat Member
Nov 8, 2006
Indiana
Yo people of the Pokemon thread, I was wondering if me buying pokemon pearl from a guy at school for probably around 20 bucks(no more than that, possibly lower) would be a good deal. Simply asking do you guys know of any stores(no web sites) that sell pokemon pearl/diamond for anything cheaper than that? Thanks.

most stores are still selling for about 35$+ so....

$20 is good, definatly. Even lower and that's pretty good, as most places would sell a used DS pokemon game at $20+.

However, I really recommend buying it for a low price, selling it for a higher price for profit (eBay), and then using that money (and a few more dollars) to buy Platinum. Platinum is so much better than both Diamond/Pearl; Diamond and Pearl are the exact same with a few different pokemon. Platinum has a bunch of new features, upgraded mechanics, visuals, and even plays faster (... trust me, it's a big plus even though it doesn't sound like it). There's finetuned/new story elements too in Platinum.

If you've got the money, Platinum is just plain better than Diamond or Pearl. ... Yes, I know I say this in about every "buying a pokemon game" thread. Sorry. >.>;

Sounds good, its funny...pokemon is an amazing game and it will always be( and every human being knows this) but im just going to have to live up to the idea thats it alright to play pokemon at 16, haha.

haha just play underground like me :)

There are competitive battlers around the world playing pokemon at age 25, Capn. :lol: Even though pokemon is potrayed as a kid's game, as you said, it's a great game. And when you delve into secret game mechanics, like how a pokemon's stats increase (no, not that level up thing :p), things can get far too complicated for a kid to understand. Such things make it being above a game just for kids, and even a competitive game for adults alike.

CK but really? I know theres alot of people adults and teenagers who like pokemon but majority of them probably would laugh at your reason. I blame the 4kids dubbed anime that makes pokemon looks retarded. >_>

People only laugh at that reason because as you said, 4kids gave it a terrible childish reputation; as with any other anime they've dubbed.

That, and because you can't explain such complicated game mechanics like DVs to the morons who always assume too much; they're the stupid ones, after all. :p

Wrong thread, my friend. >.> Use the battle thread and trade threads for their respective purposes, alright? :)

There are competitive battlers around the world playing pokemon at age 25, Capn. :lol: Even though pokemon is potrayed as a kid's game, as you said, it's a great game. And when you delve into secret game mechanics, like how a pokemon's stats increase (no, not that level up thing :p), things can get far too complicated for a kid to understand. Such things make it being above a game just for kids, and even a competitive game for adults alike.

~Wave~
Competitive battler here over the age of 21....

35 pounds?? That's a ripoff... Roughly converted to American Dollars, that's about $50. $15, roughly 10 Pounds extra from the usual US price of a new game. I obviously wouldn't know, but I've heard a few times that the UK pays extra for pretty much everything, atleast in comparison to the US. Is that true?

Back