Pics of Ps3 Comaptibility Issues (must see)

stove167 said:
it doesnt look even close to that bad. my ps2 games look better on the ps3 than my ps2.
maybe not on yours. but clearly those pictures arent lying. so maybe it isnt every console, but clearly it is a risk to get one.

My PS3 aliases them to hell. I bashed the PS3 until the day I bought one. (Look at some of my posts previously about the PS3.)

Surprisingly enough, I'm extremely pleased. I'm happy that all of my PS2 games work flawlessly besides that graphical issue. I'm glad the controllers are so light, because it makes a difference in system feel. I'm glad I can make as many memory cards as I want and never have to pay an extra cent. I'm glad that I can finally watch BluRay exclusive movies, and don't have to worry about not finding them on HD-DVD. Finally, I'm glad that I got Linux on it successfully, as an "Other OS", that sound and video works well (at a resolution that's about one-off, but there's a border so my TV still runs at its native resolution of 720p), that VLC Media Player works great, and that Snes9x works under linux just fine, as well as others.

I'm happy with my purchase. My PS2 sucked, that's mainly why I found every issue I could to dog on the PS3. I got about $150 from EBGames for my PS2 trade-in and a few extra accessories (theres a PS2 trade-in promotion since PS3s aren't selling well). Mine was a first gen (very first, model "1") -- my PS2 put the circular scratch on some discs (before I took care of that), but since the first circular scratch, the PS2 took virtually FOREVER to load games. It took 45 minutes to "see" the game, and about 1 minute to load between scenes in GT4 for example, where my PS3 sees the game immediately and those 1 minute loading times miraculously changed to 3 seconds.

I have confidence that this may be fixed in time. Sony has already addressed many issues in firmware.

SuperH said:
My PS3 aliases them to hell. I bashed the PS3 until the day I bought one. (Look at some of my posts previously about the PS3.)

Surprisingly enough, I'm extremely pleased. I'm happy that all of my PS2 games work flawlessly besides that graphical issue. I'm glad the controllers are so light, because it makes a difference in system feel. I'm glad I can make as many memory cards as I want and never have to pay an extra cent. I'm glad that I can finally watch BluRay exclusive movies, and don't have to worry about not finding them on HD-DVD. Finally, I'm glad that I got Linux on it successfully, as an "Other OS", that sound and video works well (at a resolution that's about one-off, but there's a border so my TV still runs at its native resolution of 720p), that VLC Media Player works great, and that Snes9x works under linux just fine, as well as others.

I'm happy with my purchase. My PS2 sucked, that's mainly why I found every issue I could to dog on the PS3. I got about $150 from EBGames for my PS2 trade-in and a few extra accessories (theres a PS2 trade-in promotion since PS3s aren't selling well). Mine was a first gen (very first, model "1") -- my PS2 put the circular scratch on some discs (before I took care of that), but since the first circular scratch, the PS2 took virtually FOREVER to load games. It took 45 minutes to "see" the game, and about 1 minute to load between scenes in GT4 for example, where my PS3 sees the game immediately and those 1 minute loading times miraculously changed to 3 seconds.

I have confidence that this may be fixed in time. Sony has already addressed many issues in firmware.

Tho they have fixed other things with Firmware. For all we know this could be a problem in the new graphics hardwares compatibility with the older games. And i loved alot of ps2 games and i never even owned the system lol, But i still think that they should of looked this over before the release of the Ps3. Even tho i dont like the Ps3 they should fix this, since the Ps3's main strongpoint is the graphics. This ps2 thing kinda makes it a laugh tho.

Even if it is, at least the games play. It's more than can be asked from the Xbox 360. Though, with the games that do play from Xbox, they look fantastic.

Of course, Wii does the BEST job with backward compatibility.

Bump, for some information. I meant to post this yesterday.

By the way, it's been tested and practically proven that the issue at hand here is "pixel flipping". It's not from a lack of hardware scalers or anything else that people think is causing it. Do you know what is most likely to fix that? A graphics driver update, probably brought along in firmware.

Here's a link with some vivid imagery. If the top ones don't show up, keep scrolling:
http://boardsus.playstation.com/pla...hread.id=808212&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

Alot of poeple are reporting that thew new firmware update last night fixed the problems with many ps2 games.

Wii&Ps3 said:
Alot of poeple are reporting that thew new firmware update last night fixed the problems with many ps2 games.

Good, it's about time they fixed those issues. Now to fix the rest of the issues.

ps3hdmioq1.jpg

2cdbgvr.jpg

thats good to hear about the update. now let them fix about 10 other issues and ill buy one.....

Here's my posts on the issues that I had. I took these pictures today (with phone, but up close!). They actually look BETTER than PS2 did:
Before:
ps3b4.jpg

After:
ps3aft.jpg

SuperH said:
Here's my posts on the issues that I had. I took these pictures today (with phone, but up close!). They actually look BETTER than PS2 did:
Before:
ps3b4.jpg

After:
ps3aft.jpg

Looks a hell of a lot better.

Back