Sony Strikes Back

Shiftfallout said:
How is blue ray shoved down your throat? If you dont want blue ray then the system is probably not the right system for you. No one forces you to want a console. I could say, "the wii is one heck of a system, but why do they shove using the wiimote down my throat? I just want a regular controler and no wiisports". Each product is packaged in a way where you want what it has or you dont. If you get a bag of trail mix (food) and love everything in it except for the raisins.. then are you going to complain that the company making the trail mix is shoving the raisins down your throat? No you either buy the bag of snacks and dont eat the raisins or you dont buy it and get another snack.

I would have to say this sounds quite correct there shift. BUT doesn't trail mix have different varietys in those snacks(i could be wrong). but the problem with your example is. You can take the raisins out of it. But you can't take the blu ray out of the PS3. So that example is incorrect. Plus there is a difference between food and electronics/games.... Food usually comes in many variety, when the consoles only come in one. So their is a case to say that sony is shoving blu ray down your throat because you have no other choice but to buy the system with blu ray.......

The wii example i give you props for in a way.... The problem with that is. The wii has more than one controller. In the interview with someone from ssmb, they told the games not to throw away their GC controller. So that could mean their is a possiblity it will be used in that game..... But i do feel as if nintendo should have made to special controllers. one being the wiimote and the other being the wiicontroller. So that people can choice whether they want to swing there wii mote or just sit down with the wiicontroller and not have to move anything other than your thumbs and a few other fingers.

hotpotato78 said:
I would have to say this sounds quite correct there shift. BUT doesn't trail mix have different varietys in those snacks(i could be wrong). but the problem with your example is. You can take the raisins out of it. But you can't take the blu ray out of the PS3. So that example is incorrect. Plus there is a difference between food and electronics/games.... Food usually comes in many variety, when the consoles only come in one. So their is a case to say that sony is shoving blu ray down your throat because you have no other choice but to buy the system with blu ray.......

You either choose to not understand it, or cant. Key work here: Packaging. Doesnt matter the product, food or electronics, its all the same. Marketing and packaging.

Nothing i have said in my post has any problems. The analogy is quite correct. You are in the mood for snacks. Meaning you are the target audience and the product is aiming for you as the hungry consumer.

The package includes different things. Like consoles, they include a mixture of hardware and software. Its built off of a recipe of many things to create a whole. You either deal with it or get something that you like. Packaging, marketing.

Nothing is being shoved down anyones throat. I have yet to see trail mix without raisins, but if you dont like that example, then how about M&M's. You dont like the green M&M. But the package includes them, what do you do? do you say they are shoving green M&Ms down your throat (pun intended) or do you deal with it. Either buy what the package offers or look for something else.

In the same reguards, the wii is shoving the wiimote down my throat? the 360 is shoving that big bulky powercord down my throat. What if i dont want a dvd player at all, what if i want a cd player. Are they shoving the dvd player down my throat? You see how lame that sounds?

A product is packaged with many parts that make a whole. Dont like the package, dont complain and move onto another product. Like the product but dont like one part of it? then you have to decide if you will get it reguardless or move on. Simple.

The wii example i give you props for in a way.... The problem with that is. The wii has more than one controller. In the interview with someone from ssmb, they told the games not to throw away their GC controller. So that could mean their is a possiblity it will be used in that game..... But i do feel as if nintendo should have made to special controllers. one being the wiimote and the other being the wiicontroller. So that people can choice whether they want to swing there wii mote or just sit down with the wiicontroller and not have to move anything other than your thumbs and a few other fingers.

thanks.

Last edited:
Shiftfallout said:
You either choose to not understand it, or cant. Key work here: Packaging. Doesnt matter the product, food or electronics, its all the same. Marketing and packaging.

Nothing i have said in my post has any problems. The analogy is quite correct. You are in the mood for snacks. Meaning you are the target audience and the product is aiming for you as the hungry consumer.

The package includes different things. Like consoles, they include a mixture of hardware and software. Its built off of a recipe of many things to create a whole. You either deal with it or get something that you like. Packaging, marketing.

Nothing is being shoved down anyones throat. I have yet to see trail mix without raisins, but if you dont like that example, then how about M&M's. You dont like the green M&M. But the package includes them, what do you do? do you say they are shoving green M&Ms down your throat (pun intended) or do you deal with it. Either buy what the package offers or look for something else.

In the same reguards, the wii is shoving the wiimote down my throat? the 360 is shoving that big bulky powercord down my throat. What if i dont want a dvd player at all, what if i want a cd player. Are they shoving the dvd player down my throat? You see how lame that sounds?

A product is packaged with many parts that make a whole. Dont like the package, dont complain and move onto another product. Like the product but dont like one part of it? then you have to decide if you will get it reguardless or move on. Simple.

Shift you miss the whole point of what i was saying....... Shift you can not use the trail mix example because you can take out the raisins. With the PS3 and wii can't do that. For the ps3 you can't take out the blu ray so then this is when you have to deal with it. You could buy trail mix and not complain because you can separate the raisins and whatever have...When it comes to electronics its a difference......you don't have a choice with those consoles but you have a choice with the trail mix. You have to live or die with those consoles hardware and software. but with food you can simply take out what you don't like.......

hotpotato78 said:
Shift you miss the whole point of what i was saying....... Shift you can not use the trail mix example because you can take out the raisins. With the PS3 and wii can't do that. For the ps3 you can't take out the blu ray so then this is when you have to deal with it. You could buy trail mix and not complain because you can separate the raisins and whatever have...When it comes to electronics its a difference......you don't have a choice with those consoles but you have a choice with the trail mix. You have to live or die with those consoles hardware and software. but with food you can simply take out what you don't like.......

You can take out the blue ray, but it wont do you any good because you still have to pay for it.

Same with trail mix. You CAN pick out the raisins, BUT, you still are paying for the package. Same thing works with the PS3. Thankfully that Blue Ray player plays cds,dvds, and blue ray so you really dont have much to complain about.

Get it now?

You are honestly going to use that first sentence.... you know if you take out the blu ray thats the end of the Ps3 because blue ray is its foundation.....With trail mix, raisins is not a foundation of it because you can take it out and still have a great package. You take out the blu ray and you don't have a great package.. it wouldn't do you any good to take out the blu ray..... but some people can be allergic to raisins or what ever else, so it would do them good to take out what they dont like or allergic to.

hotpotato78 said:
You are honestly going to use that first sentence.... you know if you take out the blu ray thats the end of the Ps3 because blue ray is its foundation.....With trail mix, raisins is not a foundation of it because you can take it out and still have a great package. You take out the blu ray and you don't have a great package.. it wouldn't do you any good to take out the blu ray..... but some people can be allergic to raisins or what ever else, so it would do them good to take out what they dont like or allergic to.

You forget, the PS3 has a lot of wonderful games online that you can download, Home is around the corner and the Online downloads are growing daily.

So you see, you dont need the blue ray, but it would be stupid to take it out.

Dont forget the point of this debate, no one is forcing anyone to buy the PS3, no one is forcing Blue Ray down their throat. If they dont like the package, then DONT buy it. Its that simple.

ssbb_lover said:
Actually it's more like this. MasterJedi2U posts, Shift debates him (or vice versa) and me potato are just somewhere in the mix. :/

The only reason I said that is because I was exaggerating out of frustration, but it's just that you don't pick him out, but you did us three....

And no, us three don't gang up and bash on other products. :lol:

i would pick him out on stuff, but i dont read his essays :prrr:

Jonny said:
i would pick him out on stuff, but i dont read his essays :prrr:

Then hire someone to do it for you...
vlcsnap1048167us9.png

Shiftfallout said:
Dont forget the point of this debate, no one is forcing anyone to buy the PS3, no one is forcing Blue Ray down their throat. If they dont like the package, then DONT buy it. Its that simple.
And that's why the PS3 is losing the console war atm. :)

Shiftfallout said:
You forget, the PS3 has a lot of wonderful games online that you can download, Home is around the corner and the Online downloads are growing daily.

So you see, you dont need the blue ray, but it would be stupid to take it out.

That's correct.. if you don't want it don't buy. But that's not the same for trail mix that was my point. even though you might now like a certain part, you still can buy it and eat the others....... BUt when people say forcig down their throat, they mean that if they buy a ps3, they don't have a choice but to buy it with the blue. That's what makes it LOOKS like forcing it down somebody choice.

If it was like this where, the ps3 came in packages then people could not say it. for example like dell. dell is advertising that you can build your pc. just say what you want and they make it for you. So their is nothing being force because if you don't want a dvd burner just tell them you don't but thats not the same for the PS3. it's not like you can call sony and tell them don't blu ray in yours because you won't be able to play their games without a blue ray player and you know that.

and your wrong shift, the main focus of buying a console is to focus on what it's main speciality is. The online downloads are just a plus. The ps3 games are the main attraction, which happens to be on a blu ray disc. So therefore you do need the blu ray.

ssbb_lover said:
And that's why the PS3 is losing the console war atm. :)

Losing? No.. no one is losing. Its too early to tell, wait till after the half game show to make an estimation. What we do know is that for a 499-599 system, it has sold over 2.5 million units within a few short months. Wii at half the cost is around 5 mill, and 360 which has been around for over a year has about 12 million.

No one can be losing because the game has just started ::evil chuckle:: mwahahahaha... haha.. .... Sorry had a bad Jonny 5 moment there.

Shiftfallout said:
Losing? No.. no one is losing. Its too early to tell, wait till after the half game show to make an estimation. What we do know is that for a 499-599 system, it has sold over 2.5 million units within a few short months. Wii at half the cost is around 5 mill, and 360 which has been around for over a year has about 12 million.
Of course it's too early to tell, tis why I said, "And that's why the PS3 is losing atm. :)" Atm = at the moment. :) I honestly have no 100% conclusion of who will win in the end of this generation; but because of the price, future games, and the audience it's targeted towards, I'm about 75%-85% sure the Wii will win tbh.
No one can be losing because the game has just started ::evil chuckle:: mwahahahaha... haha.. .... Sorry had a bad Jonny 5 moment there.
....:shifty:

Shiftfallout said:

i honestly dont understand your jokes, are they meant 2 b offensive? :sick:

Shiftfallout said:
Losing? No.. no one is losing. Its too early to tell, wait till after the half game show to make an estimation.

yes, in a "war" someone is always losing. It doesnt necessarily mean that they are going to lose though. In fact, sometimes the combatants are so busy planning for the later stages of the "war", they dont care about whats happening in the early stages. And i personally think that from 2009-2011 the ps3 will be the #1 selling console. But they might have dug a hole to deep by then to actually win the "war". Maybe at some point, it will be winning.

But as of right now, you cant say its not losing.

Back