Poems for all

I really like it Skorp!! Very Nice! And I like your humorous style sparx.

I'm gonna get started on my poem soon but I needa do hw.

Good Job Skorp and I really wish I could tell you what I am trying to tell you, you are so close to hitting it just right and I can't explain it to you...lol Well when I read your stuff I get the impression you are on the verge of writing without thinking, you know what I mean at all???????

And we are waiting on you kermit, this was your idea:lol:

idjut said:
i so love haikus
while i chat online with friends
i then wait and watch

i love haikus

Haikus are easy
sometimes they don't make much sense
refridgerator

--anonymous

i am thinking of posting more of my random lines, but they are really meant to be sung, and you can feel the meaning a lot more through listening than just reading.

EDIT: Are we having an on the fly contest?
I just wrote this now and it's called playing drums..i think.. i think thats what i'll call it. i dunno

actually i'll call it

freedom

Waves of sound
My arms, to wrist, to fingers,
Melodic, rhythmic gunshots.
Your body starts to bounce.

Loud, ringing, resonant.
Freedom.
I will be heard.
This echoes on your soul and imprints your heart.

Feel it,
Hear me,
Feel it,
Fear me.

--sam

Last edited:
ElronMac said:
Good Job Skorp and I really wish I could tell you what I am trying to tell you, you are so close to hitting it just right and I can't explain it to you...lol Well when I read your stuff I get the impression you are on the verge of writing without thinking, you know what I mean at all???????

So is writing without thinking the goal or should I be trying to think more? *looks confused* There's something about your second one I like but I can't put my finger on it. Either the rhyme scheme or the meter don't feel like thinking right now to figure it out :)

Last edited:
Skorp said:
So is writing without thinking the goal or should I be trying to think more? *looks confused* There's something about your second one I like but I can't put my finger on it. Either the rhyme scheme or the meter don't feel like thinking right now to figure it out :)

The goal is whatever you make it. a lot of people feel writing without thinking feels best and makes the best poems, but some people say great poets are great because every noun, article, and word choice is perfectly placed, and sometimes it was painstaking for them to make it so artistic. i think thats crap and if you write from your heart then no one can touch you.

To me good poetry is anything that makes you go wow when you read it. Great poetry is poetry that makes you go wow as you discover new layers and meanings. I would say it lies between the two extremes you describe. Writing from the heart alone may be therapeutic, it may touching to those who relate, but that doesn't always make it good.

Last edited:
samXcor3 said:
The goal is whatever you make it. a lot of people feel writing without thinking feels best and makes the best poems, but some people say great poets are great because every noun, article, and word choice is perfectly placed, and sometimes it was painstaking for them to make it so artistic. i think thats crap and if you write from your heart then no one can touch you.

Thanks Sam, thats what I was trying to say. Personally I just start typing and see what happens, sometimes it's good and sometimes it sucks. Either way I let it sit for a couple days and maybe if something comes to me i will do some editing. And I agree the goal is what you make it, always will be. Skorp I just think from reading what you write that you do it without thinking ya know, but sometimes you lose sight of that just like I do and then you start thinking about how to make it better. Anyway this is all just my opinion and in the end really doesn't matter, honestly it really doesn't. A persons writing always needs to be their own, not influenced by critics.

Music Theme

birds sing beautiful
twitterpated walt attracts
to find life-long love

i love haikus

ElronMac said:
Thanks Sam, thats what I was trying to say. Personally I just start typing and see what happens, sometimes it's good and sometimes it sucks. Either way I let it sit for a couple days and maybe if something comes to me i will do some editing. And I agree the goal is what you make it, always will be. Skorp I just think from reading what you write that you do it without thinking ya know, but sometimes you lose sight of that just like I do and then you start thinking about how to make it better. Anyway this is all just my opinion and in the end really doesn't matter, honestly it really doesn't. A persons writing always needs to be their own, not influenced by critics.

Yeah I see what your saying but shouldn't you try and make it better? Editing and improving is important. The first draft isn't the best. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you again :lol:

Bravo Idjut! :)

Skorp said:
Yeah I see what your saying but shouldn't you try and make it better? Editing and improving is important. The first draft isn't the best. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you again :lol:

Bravo Idjut! :)

True first draft isn't always the best, but often I find myself not wanting to change the words because it's like i'm changing my feelings. But i heard someone say something about that,
'it's not you changing how you feel, it's changing how you express how you feel'
so don't be afraid to edit, even though i am lol.

although i do go back to ollld stuff i wrote and i am like wtf that's lame and i change some stuff.

ElronMac said:
Thank you and thank you for taking the time to read what I wrote.

Now lets see what you can write, and I guarantee you if it sucks I will be extremely constructive with my reply:lol: And you should do the same, if you don't like it tell us why or what it is, we can't make it better if we don't know whats wrong, can't guarantee we will actually change but we will listen:lol:

No thanks, I'm not much of a creative type of person. I can hardly draw lol. :lol:

samXcor3 said:
True first draft isn't always the best, but often I find myself not wanting to change the words because it's like i'm changing my feelings. But i heard someone say something about that,
'it's not you changing how you feel, it's changing how you express how you feel'
so don't be afraid to edit, even though i am lol.

although i do go back to ollld stuff i wrote and i am like wtf that's lame and i change some stuff.

What he said. And generally I do end up changing a few things here and there but sometimes I get it the way I want it on the first go. I think maybe what I am trying to say is don't be afraid to not edit and don't over edit, yeah maybe thats it...lol

Back