Reason for Brawl Delay?

If it has to be delayed.... it has to be delayed... do u want an unfinished game? Do you want a game that is a glitchy? They are probably just fixing small glitches now... No more characters or anything... They are just making sure everything runs smoothly

Transfixed said:
I actually despise Nintendo for doing this. I let loose with a severe rant when they delayed it to Feb 10th, I couldnt believe their arrogance and stupididty. Now......I dont even know what to say. I could seriously throw up on Nintendo right now. To all the people saying "just chill out, its only a videogame", you could say "its only a _____" to anything, the fact is people have been MORE than patient with Nintendo, and have been f&^%ed over by them REPEATEDLY. I really wish there was some way for us to get the game, but not PAY for it, so Nintendo learns it's lesson about not delaying things OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER again. It's just not okay. The ONLY thing that will stop them from doing this in the future is if they don't see massive profits from the sales of SSBB. Something has to get through their heads, because at this point people are pissed for a very very good reason.
This is beyond ridiculous.
Relax, it's only a video game... :p

But yeah, just relax and wait. People are pissed off at Nintendo, sure. But then again unless those people actually decide to make a video game or something they really can't be the ones complaining :crazy:

Skippy said:
In what way is it arrogant or stupid to delay a game until it is done?

Because they're not delaying it "until it is done"!! The game is already done! HELLO PEOPLE!! It has been done for a while now, they are clearly trying to maximize profits and timing so it will be as huge as possible. If it weren't done, why would there be daily info&updates and people playing demos and all that? This was supposed to be a LAUNCH title! That's November 2006! So at one point it was close enough to being finished that they thought it could be out at launch, then they pushed it back to Dec. 3rd?!?! 2007?!?! An entire 13 more months to "polish" the game or whatever. but NOPE! Still not enough!! BULL$#!T. I dont buy it. Then TWO MORE DELAYS on TOP of that??
If you people are still buying this "delayed until it's done" garbage you are naive.

Transfixed said:
Because they're not delaying it "until it is done"!! The game is already done! HELLO PEOPLE!! It has been done for a while now, they are clearly trying to maximize profits and timing so it will be as huge as possible.

What's your phone extension at the Nintendo office? Can I call you there to discuss this? Obviously you work there since you have intimate knowledge of their development process, localization process, and financial planning.

How does delaying maximize profits? Every day that goes by is another day that money that could be spent on Brawl is spent on something else instead. As a Nintendo stockholder, this does delay does NOT make me happy. Their stock price has taken a pretty hard hit the past several days. (Obviously there are more factors at work than just the Brawl delay, but I'm sure it contributed.)

If it weren't done, why would there be daily info&updates and people playing demos and all that?

Demos != Final product

And giving out daily info has nothing to do with a product being done or not.

I dont buy it. Then TWO MORE DELAYS on TOP of that??
If you people are still buying this "delayed until it's done" garbage you are naive.

Re-read your post in a few years after you've had some economics and business education and I think you'll get a big kick out of what you wrote.

I find if you juss continue with your life as if the game never existed then the days will go by faster then all of sudden WHOA its march 9th:ciappa:

Vdogam3r said:
^ I couldn't anyway.

Yeah, they could change the date back.
"Hello, I am very pleased to say, we have changed the relese date back to February 10. And not only that, but we've released a FREE demo of Brawl. Epic."
You know i dont know why but i had a dream that it was changed back but yeah it happend with me going to gamestop i remember i said so i see i come pick it up on march right,and the gamestop guy says feb 10 sir and then his eyes opened wide like he said something he wasnt supposed to say, then i woke up. man oh well i can wait for a month can you?

Last edited:
Oreos....

mario ownz said:
You know i dont know why but i had a dream that it was changed back but yeah it happend with me going to gamestop i remember i said so i see i come pick it up on march right,and the gamestop guy says feb 10 sir and then his eyes opened wide like he said something he wasnt supposed to tell then i woke up. man oh well i can wait for a month can you?

My thoughts exactly.I have dreams of oreos .Im happy that they delayed it further because it gives me more time to go reserve.Transfix is the biggest idiot ever,for saying that it was arrogant and stupid for Nintendo to delay brawl further.No he desurves a new title : The biggest arrogant fool!
Brawl will be the best , now that Nintendo deyaled the game further.
At least it wont turn out like tenkaichi 3 for wii came out.

Last edited:
SSJJason said:

My thoughts exactly.I have dreams of oreos .Im happy that they delayed it further because it gives me more time to go reserve.Transfix is the biggest idiot ever,for saying that it was arrogant and stupid for Nintendo to delay brawl further.No he desurves a new title : The biggest idiot!
Brawl will be the best , now that Nintendo deyaled the game further.
At least it wont turn out like tenkaichi 3 for wii came out.
well i doesnt really matter i can wait but it would be a good idea if people made a movie on the struggles of people who went thru delays months by months lol,just imagine the action in it. So how was tenkaichi anyways

mario ownz said:
well i doesnt really matter i can wait but it would be a good idea if people made a movie on the struggles of people who went thru delays months by months lol,just imagine the action in it. So how was tenkaichi anyways

2 bad things about tenkaichi 3 :
1.evoulution z
2.online !!! Lags soo bad.
But i cant get a battle in because people disconnect on me because i have 102 wins.I can only fight someone who has 100 or over the rest just dc

Back