Regulars Section

I've seen something like this before at another forum, it was pretty cool.
However, I see no need for a post-count requirement. Maturity exists before the 500 post mark, immaturity lingers beyond. There could be like a voting system for letting new people in, similar to elections in high school where only the popular kids and their friends ever win.

In my first post I mentioned that there would be a voting system for letting new members in. As for 500 posts I've decided to get rid of that idea. Instead we could have the mods choose the first 5-10 members and go from there.

similar to elections in high school where only the popular kids and their friends ever win.

Exactly

Thats why this is a dumb idea
Its a noses in the air im better than you forum and if you want to get in you have to kiss my arse and go down on your knees and maybe just maybe we will let you in

its discriminating
Its segregating
Its a really bad idea and i hope the mods shirk at it and dismiss it
But a public forum should remain exactly that

Public

No Offence :p

AussiWii you have posted multiple times proving that you dislike this thread. We get it but if you don't like this thread don't come here.

As for the thread, I like where your going but for the sake of people in my situation, non-frequent posters, it should be a limit of how long one has been on the site. As someone else said three months seems reasonable. There would be slim to none immaturity as kids who come here just to be immature would forget to take their pills, get bored, and leave.

Here is a rough idea of what the criteria looks like so far.

1. Must be mature. Must not flame or spam.
2. Must have been a member for over three months.
3. Have helped other members.

How to get in/How it would be started.

Moderators, i0n or the public would first choose five members to be added into the section. Once those five members have been added they would be able to vote/suggest new members to be added to the section. Also every new member added will have to meet the same criteria as above.

Exactly

Thats why this is a dumb idea
Its a noses in the air im better than you forum and if you want to get in you have to kiss my arse and go down on your knees and maybe just maybe we will let you in

its discriminating
Its segregating
Its a really bad idea and i hope the mods shirk at it and dismiss it
But a public forum should remain exactly that

Public

No Offence

I have been a member of several other forums which have used this same concept (sp) and it has worked fine.

I've been in things like this before too and it does tend to work pretty well. Getting in acts like an incentive for idiots to be less like themselves, which is always a plus.

I've been in things like this before too and it does tend to work pretty well. Getting in acts like an incentive for idiots to be less like themselves, which is always a plus.

Yep. I just hope that the moderators and i0n give this section a shot.

1: Got It
2: I'm Mature... Sort Of...
3: Usually Help People In The Hardware, Gaming, And Twilight Princess Section.

AussieWii said:
How can i take this idea seriously ?
there is already a restricted forum on this site
its called a moderators forum
thats where they all gather and laugh privately at mindless little punks like yourselfs and the dumb ideas you come up with :idea:

HAHAHAHA.
You'd be surprised what we post.

Or what we don't post.

Srsly. There's maybe a new post every... Week?
And when there is a post, we discuss hiring a ninja to execute one of you :shifty:

But onto an on-topic question... Once this "regulars" section is created... What will be discussed?

Everything under the sun is already able to be posted in the sections veiwable by everyone.

My two cents.:thumbsup:

I know it's probably true they have an unseen mod. page for mods only, but they shold have an unseen page for special dedicated members too. I think I meet all the requirements exept the 3-month thing.

Whats with all the elitisim going around all of a sudden?

I'm pretty meh on the whole idea as of right now. But i do know of some other forums that do this, and its pretty much a spam board. No posts counted on that board or anything like that.

But onto an on-topic question... Once this "regulars" section is created... What will be discussed?

Basically it's a section to get away from all the spam and to be able to discuss various topics without having to worry about others flaming/spamming. Basically it's a section to get away from some of the immaturity.

Syntax said:
Basically it's a section to get away from all the spam and to be able to discuss various topics without having to worry about others flaming/spamming. Basically it's a section to get away from some of the immaturity.
That is how the forum is run already..
Any flaming/spamming is taken care of by moderators to the best of their abilities.
I can see your point, but I don't think it is a good idea at all.
It would not be any different than the current "public" forum.
Please do try and convince me otherwise though...

I've ran my own site for about 4 years now and we tried this on my site. It wasn't productive. It turned into the old members bashing the newbs in their forum. Then admins and mods have to deal with constant whining from new members about why they can't go in there and what they have to do to qualify to get in. I say good moderation throughout the board is the best way to go, if the mods stay ontop of their job there shouldn't be a need to "get away" from the new members.

Back