Secret Snake Codec Convos in Super Smash Bros. Brawl

vashivihan

Let There Be Rock
Oct 24, 2007
canada
Wii Online Code
8799-9801-1544-7718
This is too cool to pass up. I even did a page on this at mahalo.com a while ago but didn't realize it was post-worthy.

Here's how you do it. Play as Snake on Shadow Moses Island against whoever. When the match starts push down on the D-pad (sickeningly fast) to trigger the codec conversations. I've heard "push down and punch, or punch and down" but no official say on it really. We seemed to get it when doing some sort of rapid seizure movement involving down and a button in some way. Nintendo what's up with that?

Anyway the codec conversations are great. It's funny to hear important military calls about people like Yoshi or Jigglypuff. Or Wario, here's a bit of his:

CAMPBELL: "Wario loves garlic. He eats whole cloves of it day and night, so try not to get caught in his mouth. Once that smell gets on you it'll stick to you for quick a while."
SNAKE: "That's a scary thought."
CAMPBELL: "He also attacks by farting. He can fart to fly around too."
SNAKE: "By farting?! Are you kidding me?!"
CAMPBELL: "Sadly, no. I am not kidding. If his belly starts to bulge, watch out."

And people accuse RPGs of being campy...
Anyway back to RPGs.

linkage

x3 that's just great (the convo about Wario)
It's rather funny how each of these world collides in the game if we think about it. Each character will be like wtf oO when they see another char move like Kirby sucking x3

Please do not call them codecs. They are audio. Codecs are algorithms to compress/decompress audio, not make them play.

The device snake uses is the codec.

They say it in the metal gear serie´s: RING RING RING /press A to answer your codec RING RING RING

yet another nice find. I believe some more codec is on IGN, but by now most of you have already seen it.

I did this earlier. Play as Snake on Shadow Moses Island. Press Down on the D-Pad rapidly (I used the GC controller. Not sure if it's different for another controller, but I don't see why it would be). Snake will do the box taunt a few times, then he'll kneel and hold a hand to his ear as if listening to the message. The message will then appear. If you get hit during the sequence, it won't work. It can only be done one time per brawl. It's very similar to Fox's/Falco's Arwing-summoning trick on the Corneria stage from Melee. (Does this trick still work in Brawl? I haven't tried yet.)

Back