Some Stages Look A Little Bit... Alike...

+Maniacal=Maniac+

Am I Losing Friends?
Aug 8, 2006
Wii Online Code
4516-7863-9846-6018
I Noticed That Some Stages Look A Lot Like Battlefield...

Battlefied Itself:
stage01_070522a-l.jpg

Example 1; Skyworld:

stage08_070725a-l.jpg

Just A Little Different With A Hang-Off Edge And A Platform At The Bottom.

Example 2; Lylat Cruise:

stage04_070622b-l.jpg

Not Much Anything Different About This One...

Example 3; Yoshi's Island:

stage03_070612a-l.jpg

Battlefield -2 Platforms.

Example 4; Frigate Orpheon:

stage20_071218e-l.jpg

The "Underside" Of It Looks Kinda Like Yoshi's Island.

Example 5; Mario Circuit:

stage19_071213a-l.jpg

Again... Kinda Like Yoshi's Island.

Example 6; Poke'mon Stadium:

stage11_070906a-l.jpg

No Comment.

Example 7; Castle Seige "1st Floor"

stage09_070802a-l.jpg

See #6...

----------------------------

Okay, First Off, NO FLAMING! I've Just Noticed This... So, Yeah.

I Love Brawl, Don't Get Me Wrong, But Some Stages Are, In Fact, Alike.

Discuss!

they've always looked "kinda" alike

that castle seige stageh has like 4 levels

and pokemon changes

it's not the shape, it's the ffects of the level

SantaClaws said:
they've always looked "kinda" alike

that castle seige stageh has like 4 levels

and pokemon changes

it's not the shape, it's the ffects of the level

Yeah, I'm Aware Of That, Dude. Trust Me. Note: I said "1st Floor" On castle Seige.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious. :) In Iwatta's interview with Sakurai, Sakurai states that they tried to make a lot more simple stages this time around (though they're definately including some wild ones too). I forget his reasoning, but he also said he felt like the Stage builder would make up for any perceived lack of crazy stages, as people can make some crazy hard/cheap stages to really give other players a challenge. Which is certainly true. I'd hate to play on a stage where everything was a trap, or an obstacle of intense frustration.

Druidan said:
Yeah, it's pretty obvious. :) In Iwatta's interview with Sakurai, Sakurai states that they tried to make a lot more simple stages this time around (though they're definately including some wild ones too). I forget his reasoning, but he also said he felt like the Stage builder would make up for any perceived lack of crazy stages, as people can make some crazy hard/cheap stages to really give other players a challenge. Which is certainly true. I'd hate to play on a stage where everything was a trap, or an obstacle of intense frustration.

*goes to grab a crate*

*BOOM!*

Bob-Omb, Yeahy I Can Imagine The Hellspawn From Stage Builder...

I actually like the simplicity...stages like Big Blue, Rainbow Cruise and the IC stage nearly drove me to tears from annoyance. Not to meantion the horrible, horrible Poke Floats *shivers*

btw, it's normal for all stages to be similar...they've improved though: in Melee Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64, and the Battlefield were virtually the same. In this game at least the platform arrangements change.

On another note: "Pro" gamers will be pleased as they have a larger selection then previously before. Due to the large similarities to Final Destination, I think a lot of people will be happy, newcomers as well.

Big Blue was great, but the more stages, the better.

plus, I've already thought up some insane custom fields...mmmyess...continually scrolling upward with only ladders...

@ hoogasian5: That's the same stage, that's way. They just renamed it.

And I see what your saying +M=M+, but keep in mind that most of those stages have their own elements to them. Like, you said Skyworld looks like Battlefield. It does, but don't forget that the ground is breakable. Lylat Cruise's significance is what happens in the background, which is why I think Sakurai didn't do much for the stage itself. And don't forget the Castle Seige is 3 stages in one. The statues are also breakable on the 2nd floor.

Shoko said:
@ hoogasian5: That's the same stage, that's way. They just renamed it.

And I see what your saying +M=M+, but keep in mind that most of those stages have their own elements to them. Like, you said Skyworld looks like Battlefield. It does, but don't forget that the ground is breakable. Lylat Cruise's significance is what happens in the background, which is why I think Sakurai didn't do much for the stage itself. And don't forget the Castle Seige is 3 stages in one. The statues are also breakable on the 2nd floor.

Shoke, You Don't Need To Explain This To Me, And You Should Know That. ;)

Trust Me, I Know Everything I Can Know About This Game.

I agree, the stages do look somewhat alike, but the fact that they are much simpler and intriguing took me a bit by suprise. When I first even heard of brawl, I mean, wayyyy back, I instantly thought, Aw man, here comes another extremely overcomplicated game, made by the world's best on the subject, Nintendo.But now, it's just like a big slice of heaven built into a
6x6 compact disc.

Back