Sonic in Brawl

The Storm

Legendary Super Saiyan
Mar 22, 2008
i was very pleased when i learned sonic was to be in brawl.
it was a great decision to put him in if not only to attract old school fans.
and his gameplay is exceedingly simple and stylish, making him an all around awesome character.
but i feel like somethings missing.
i think its a shame that they did not put any other sonic characters in the game.
im not asking for every single one, but an archenemy or something wouldve been great.
i mean, when you play against another brawler as sonic, its not that thrilling b/c you cant "re-enact" any of their great battles.
eg: mario vs bowser; link vs ganon; fox vs wolf.
does anyone else agree that they shouldve at least put in someone to counter sonic?

GigaRidley

Ouroboros
Jan 24, 2008
Larchmont, NY
Wii Online Code
4005-0628-2206-3853
Eggman or Shadow wouldn't have been so bad, but you're point is something I strongly agree with: we need villains to counter the heroes. Examples:
Fire Emblem: Black Knight
Donkey Kong: K. Rool
F-Zero: Black Shadow
Earthbound: Claus
Metroid (come on people you knew this was coming): RIDLEY!!!

KHgamer

WiiChat Member
Mar 3, 2008
GigaRidley said:
Eggman or Shadow wouldn't have been so bad, but you're point is something I strongly agree with: we need villains to counter the heroes. Examples:

i agree with you down the whole lists. too bad i pwned him in every mp game AND brawl!

JKill09

WiiChat Member
Jan 27, 2008
Wii Online Code
6974-8190-3255-1356
Haha... The Black Knight along with his signature music... That's enough to keep me happy for hours on end.

lazyperson555

WiiChat Member
Dec 20, 2006
GigaRidley said:

Ya i was hoping for black knight to. But I do agree they should've atleast put shadow (my favorite sonic character) in to counter sonic.

JKill09

WiiChat Member
Jan 27, 2008
Wii Online Code
6974-8190-3255-1356
^Shadow is my favorite also. When I played the Dreamcast Sonic game I was immediately intrigued by his presence.

KHgamer

WiiChat Member
Mar 3, 2008
it should have been knuckles. him and sonic are a little alike. knuckles is a slower sonic, but with strength! he can glide and climb on walls! i want him to be in the next sequel

OP
The Storm

The Storm

Legendary Super Saiyan
Mar 22, 2008
KHgamer said:
it should have been knuckles. him and sonic are a little alike. knuckles is a slower sonic, but with strength! he can glide and climb on walls! i want him to be in the next sequel
agreed, that would have been really cool.
im not just saying for the sonic characters though, i think they should have included an even number of characters from each game for all the parties.

JKill09

WiiChat Member
Jan 27, 2008
Wii Online Code
6974-8190-3255-1356
^Agreed. Adding more wouldn't hurt, but it didn't happen. I was thinkin' Sonic would have a Black/Red color scheme but nah, he's pure blue/darkblue.

Jay61

WiiChat Member
Mar 25, 2007
Wii Online Code
4116-4612-5453-3059
If you want to re-enact a fight, why not the ultimate playground fight of the 90's..Mario vs Sonic!

Jay61

WiiChat Member
Mar 25, 2007
Wii Online Code
4116-4612-5453-3059
Thats...not really relevent to the topic, little dude.

Napalmbrain

WiiChat Member
May 15, 2006
Cardiff, Wales
I too think Knuckles could have made an interesting addition. He's sufficiently different enough from Sonic that he wouldn't end being a clone like Shadow would, and he's one of Sonic's oldest rivals, so unlike Shadow his inclusion would mean more to old-school Sonic fans like me.

Latest posts