Sonic in Brawl

The Storm

Legendary Super Saiyan
Mar 22, 2008
i was very pleased when i learned sonic was to be in brawl.
it was a great decision to put him in if not only to attract old school fans.
and his gameplay is exceedingly simple and stylish, making him an all around awesome character.
but i feel like somethings missing.
i think its a shame that they did not put any other sonic characters in the game.
im not asking for every single one, but an archenemy or something wouldve been great.
i mean, when you play against another brawler as sonic, its not that thrilling b/c you cant "re-enact" any of their great battles.
eg: mario vs bowser; link vs ganon; fox vs wolf.
does anyone else agree that they shouldve at least put in someone to counter sonic?

Eggman or Shadow wouldn't have been so bad, but you're point is something I strongly agree with: we need villains to counter the heroes. Examples:
Fire Emblem: Black Knight
Donkey Kong: K. Rool
F-Zero: Black Shadow
Earthbound: Claus
Metroid (come on people you knew this was coming): RIDLEY!!!

GigaRidley said:
Eggman or Shadow wouldn't have been so bad, but you're point is something I strongly agree with: we need villains to counter the heroes. Examples:

i agree with you down the whole lists. too bad i pwned him in every mp game AND brawl!

Haha... The Black Knight along with his signature music... That's enough to keep me happy for hours on end.

GigaRidley said:

Ya i was hoping for black knight to. But I do agree they should've atleast put shadow (my favorite sonic character) in to counter sonic.

^Shadow is my favorite also. When I played the Dreamcast Sonic game I was immediately intrigued by his presence.

it should have been knuckles. him and sonic are a little alike. knuckles is a slower sonic, but with strength! he can glide and climb on walls! i want him to be in the next sequel

KHgamer said:
it should have been knuckles. him and sonic are a little alike. knuckles is a slower sonic, but with strength! he can glide and climb on walls! i want him to be in the next sequel
agreed, that would have been really cool.
im not just saying for the sonic characters though, i think they should have included an even number of characters from each game for all the parties.

^Agreed. Adding more wouldn't hurt, but it didn't happen. I was thinkin' Sonic would have a Black/Red color scheme but nah, he's pure blue/darkblue.

If you want to re-enact a fight, why not the ultimate playground fight of the 90's..Mario vs Sonic!

Thats...not really relevent to the topic, little dude.

I too think Knuckles could have made an interesting addition. He's sufficiently different enough from Sonic that he wouldn't end being a clone like Shadow would, and he's one of Sonic's oldest rivals, so unlike Shadow his inclusion would mean more to old-school Sonic fans like me.

Back