Super Smash Bros. 4

pweNZ4N.jpg

Sakurai said:
Pic of the day. There are many changes being made to attack and defense options for grabbing edges. In this picture, Link is actually trumping Mario's grab.

Some other changes include:
-Air time and accumulated damage will determine your period of invincibility while hanging on an edge.
-Grab controls will no longer be affected by whether you have above or below 100% damage.

Also possible leak:
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/01/2...sh-bros-shows-palutena-as-playable-character/

That's a VERY interesting mechanic change. Ledge invincibility shenanigans could become completely different... but the question is, in what way. I want to assume less time in the air means more invincibility frames, but who knows. Assumin' Sakurai would implement the seemingly sensible option is moot. Y'know, tripping 'n all.

Not having a slow get-up attack/roll at 100%+ may also be a blatant advantage for heavier characters. Surviving longer was only so much of a boon if ya had to grab the ledge to survive every time as said heavy characters.

And I really want to know what's goin' on in the pic of the day. If someone lacks invincibility frames, can you grab the ledge from them? Is it automatic? Or do you only do it if ya have lower percentage or somethin'? This could alter the off-stage game completely... and possibly give characters with shitty recovery some hope. Or just make edgeguarding even more difficult than it is in Brawl, which may make me want t' murder Sakurai more than tripping did.

... ... ... Or maybe Link just sweetspotted Up-B and hit Mario at the same time.

If that's fake, props to the photoshopper. Looks pretty real t' me.

It could be possible that the longer air time lengthens ledge invincibility to avoid things like the Shino Stall and Planking.

As for the picture I wonder if, Link trumped Mario's ledge grab with his Claw Shot. If so this is Sakurai's answer to characters with grapple recoveries and will help characters like Olimar and Zamus who were otherwise easy to ledge gimp.

any one else think there should be on online adventure thing? also i need help with somethin

Assumin' Smash 4 will have an adventure mode akin to Melee's, or a story-less sort of Subspace Emissary, aye. Wi-Fi co-op is an absolute must. The #1 thing people wanted for Brawl's SSE was online play, so the demand is obviously there.

That, and there's no longer any excuse for there not t' be any co-op online stuff. Brawl's Wi-Fi was tacked on at the last second of development (t'is why Brawl got a month or two of extra release delay), but online play is obviously gonna be somethin' considered right in the thick of development, not towards the end. As such, I won't be surprised if we also get a much more diverse selection of modes t' play with randoms. More importantly, the Wii's online capabilities hadn't been used in 1st party titles all-that much at Brawl's point of development and release. Nowadays, Sakurai is much more experienced with Wi-Fi stuff in games.

i think there will be Lots Of online features because, well NO-STORY -MODE so the game will be more of a casual play,but.... online with no story the players who came for that matter will have to choose from wait to play with friends or just go online to play. and that will probably have an increase on the online.2. "EXPLOITERS" We need mods on the smash bros online. 3. WE NEED AN EASY FRIEND ADD so we can easily add friends so if we wanna play with em again its an easy friend add.
-Zorualink

The day any of the big three include public modding for their consoles' games is likely a day far off, much to the dismay of many...

Miiverse also takes care of the issue Brawl had with not bein' able to add randoms encountered in With Anyone/Team Battle matches. In case ya don't know, you can view a list of players ya recently encountered in any game. Addin' someone is as simple as findin' 'em in said list and sending a friend request.

So yeah, long as players in a With Anyone lobby aren't anonymous, it'l be easy to add 'em.

New Pkmn ballz all the "rare" pokemon should be added as ballz like zorua he trans forms into a foe and does the mirror of what they do (or zorua does what Zoruas do which is be a prankster and switch controls or something) and like other cool pokemon (I like to ramble a bit hope you don't mind :p)

Also to a point of character customization HATS and COLOR SCHEME CHANGES AND CIRTAIN PARTS FOR CIRTAIN CHARACTERS which brings up a diffrent point I just thought of by playing the "story or adventure mode" you unlock features for characters that grant abilities and remove abilites that can help in some situations and diffren mode and stuff

Last edited by a moderator:
Back