Super Smash Bros. 4

zlCfzSmZUkYOjf68_1

zlCfzSm1RRc_b4RD7G

zlCfzSnZwTwmlXDklC

How goes the Sm4shing? What's custom character-stuff like?

Mario apparently "broken" according to players...? Da faq?

dat d-throw

The look on Dirge's face when he reads this and realizes it was all leading up to an Altaria-er motive joke... Priceless.

yknow

just the other day i retold the story of my altaria hate to a friend

AND HOW YOU NEVER STOP TROLLING ME OVER IT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ur mom is fatter than king dedede

sig worthy

Managed to 5-stock with Mario.

Was a quarter of a second away from 5-stocking with Mario once.

Characters I'm excited to play:

Shulk
Little Mac

dat super armor

The ai seems to read your input perfectly and will counter effortlessly.

Not so much read as react... CPU is a bloody cheater. Perfect shields, frame-perfect punishes... bleh.

Got Ganondorf, who is still the half-assed clone he's always been.

sadfaec

I thought the cpu's would be underpowered again ;D

I think they're worse than Brawl Lv. 9s lol.

Wasn't this guy supposed to be OP or something?

dat lack of range tho

No more disjointed hitbox bullshit from Meta, it seems... no wonder it's bein' said he was nerfed hard.

Really? Bucket has been vastly improved to the point of bein' retardedly broken in doubles? Dx

hey dirge, I think I should have your mod position
oh wait, he doesn't have smash, so I win by default

How 'bout you finish RDR and do some Challenges, then we'll talk.

but dead fish don't even like pizza

**** you i love pizza

Though if I know they will play Shulk I go to projectile characters and then they will hate me.

if ya cant beat em, lame em

I've found a lot of counter users, but I think they some of them fail to realize that they can easily be countered by grabbing.

Don't forget 'bout crossover pivot F-smashes. Beats sidesteps too.

*Infinite time
*Final Destination stages only

ew

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U release date confirmed. Mark your calendars for November 21st.

Oh, so that's what happens then.

hot damn thats soon let there be hype

This game is hilarious. All those attempts to combo are easily foiled by n-airs or counters.

frame perfect or bust

Any thoughts on 8-Player Smash?

Sakurai gave the competitives For Glory, so he had t' give the casuals somethin' too.

And where are the Olimars? Haven't seen a single one in any online mode.

poor olimar

so unpopular

Made me cry
[video=youtube;tLRT-RgoRxw]http://youtu.be/tLRT-RgoRxw[/video]

WHY IS EVERY CHARACTER IM INTERESTED IN BROKEN ;_;

What the heck
[video=youtube;eAVeoovpeBk]http://youtu.be/eAVeoovpeBk[/video]

lawl

Soul Caliber-- is oh my goodness--- i swear, if i choose a big character you are going down with 2-3 shots. Even for Evo the time for a match for Tekken and soul caliber lasts like 10 min for a WHOLE 2/3 ROUND because all the characters are broken as hell.

I'm sure SoulCal has its fair share of balance issues like most-every fightin' game, but heavy characters are only inherently broken in casual play, if only 'cause ones like Nightmare are still "quick"... but lacking enough speed to lose an edge in competitive play to pawsible counterpick characters.

This may be a case of Nintendo doing DLC right.

If we ain't got another Mario Golf DLC on our hands, there may yet be hope for Ninty DLC. Or not.

8 player competitive matches

tiduslaughs.flv

Does suiciding have less adverse effects on your Smash record or are people just derping out? It's happening a bit too much for my taste. Regardless, they're all cowards, the whole lot of them.

I believe it's the ragequit method of choice. Disconnectin' from a match in any way (turning off wi-fi, turning off your 3DS, killing your internet, etc.) makes ya unable to reconnect t' wi-fi for 10 minutes or somethin'... and repeat offenders are supposedly punished. Or so I've heard, don't take my word for it... ain't like I own the game. I'm just assumin'.

How goes the Sm4shing? What's custom character-stuff like?
Equipment is Bro Ken. Custom specials are fun though, wish there was a mode where you could ban one and allow the other.

Sakurai gave the competitives For Glory, so he had t' give the casuals somethin' too.
competitive 8-player matches will be a thing

just you wait and see

WHY IS EVERY CHARACTER IM INTERESTED IN BROKEN ;_;
WHY ARE YOU ONLY INTERESTED IN BROKEN CHARACTERS

dat warp pipe dream
I missed the puns

hey ive mained link and then wolf since forever Dx
ITS NOT MY FAULT ALL THE INTERESTING CHARACTERS ARE BROKEN
You should main Rosalina anyway
I need to learn how to play her (and against her) eventually if she turns out the be the next PikaFoxMeta

About Custom Stuff
There are some custom parts that are interesting. One I found gives more traction allowing me to Dash Cancel Ike F-Smashes.
Most people I play with let me use Custom moves so long as I don't have custom parts though
And Custom moves are really cool. Dr. Mario Special 3 (I think 3) is new Falco Blaster (Spacies don't auto cancel lasers anymore but Doc's Fast Pills can)

I missed the puns

Ahh, so did I... so did I.

You should main Rosalina anyway

I sure as **** will, assumin' she feels like a character I'd enjoy playin' as a main. Ain't like I'll pull infinite/superbroken **** like in that one video anyways. I don't have the tech skill for it online.

Assumin' Meat Knight feels the exact same, unless some other character(s) replace 'em, I'll main him too... just t' make a statement.

Most people I play with let me use Custom moves so long as I don't have custom parts though
But is there any reliable way of checking?

I don't have the tech skill for it online.
Speaking of online, 'Karpmod, I barely got any lag my first time playing against MR.

If Smash Wii U's online is (as good or) better and we can have true 4-player lag-less FFAs, then I will be a happy Smasher.

Assumin' Meat Knight feels the exact same, unless some other character(s) replace 'em, I'll main him too... just t' make a statement.
He definitely does not feel the exact same, because he was nerfed to hell.

I actually might be fine with you playing him if you don't spam Side-B like the CPUs do.

But is there any reliable way of checking?

I believe you can check if the characters have any equipment by the little circle next to the character icon on the touch screen. It's usually colored to represent the kind of equipment equipped, but if there's nothing on there it's completely white.

Speaking of online, 'Karpmod, I barely got any lag my first time playing against MR.

If Smash Wii U's online is (as good or) better and we can have true 4-player lag-less FFAs, then I will be a happy Smasher.

'Karptastical news. ♪

Wii U release's online is guaranteed t' be better in the sense its console has moar horsepower, and will handle 4-player smashes better automatically... 'less optimization is done poorly for the game.

He definitely does not feel the exact same, because he was nerfed to hell.

I actually might be fine with you playing him if you don't spam Side-B like the CPUs do.

hurray for d-smash nerf

Drill Rush looks even more punishable than it used t' be... nothnxkbai though i may actually use it at all since whorenado looks terribad

Splash_King said:
Really? Bucket has been vastly improved to the point of bein' retardedly broken in doubles? Dx
Only when combined with Pikachu. Otherwise it's not broken (so far).

I'm not sure about 8 player 1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1 matches, but 4v4 might be a thing. Or even 2v2v2v2.
What about Amiibo matches? lol. That's what I call gambling. Should be fun though.

Splash_King said:
I think they're worse than Brawl Lv. 9s lol.

How is that possible when they have the perfect reaction times?

Splash_King said:
Don't forget 'bout crossover pivot F-smashes. Beats sidesteps too.

True, but very risky.

Btw, the game releases on the 28th of November in Europe. Which is perfect, cause I have examweek from 20-28 November :D

Here are the complete and final tournament rules:

*2 vs. 2
*No items
*3 stocks
*Best 2 out of 3 each set (finals will be best 3 out of 5)
*Players have the option to switch characters between rounds
*Infinite time
*Team attack on
*Final Destination Stages only (during the qualification set)
*After the qualification set, all first round fights start on Battlefield and the losing team gets to select the stage for the next round between a predetermined list of stages.
*Date: Dec 26 - 29
(Depends on the amount of people who cancle for some reason or who show up too late. We do have some reserve players luckily)

The Qualification is only your first match (2 out of 3 wins) so you'll play a lot more on Battlefield. Don't worry Trago and Splashy ;)
Would you like to be a reserve player, Splash_King? So if someone doesn't show up, you can take his place?

Last edited:
Only when combined with Pikachu. Otherwise it's not broken (so far).

Thunder ain't the strongest projectile, so I wouldn't be surprised if there're other ways to abuse G&W's bucket... semi/fully charged PK Flash, maybe?

How is that possible when they have the perfect reaction times?

I feel Smash 4's CPUs are easier to exploit their... CPU-ness. If that makes any sense. They're also complete derps with their air dodges, which unlike in vBrawl, are extremely punishable.

Brawl lv. 9s still have fantastic reaction time, they just don't perfect shield like gods.

True, but very risky.

It's not risky at all if the player is a counter-spammer. Those sorts'a imbeciles don't understand the finer aspects of the neutral game. They ain't gonna SH N-air ya or somethin' when ya try to run past 'em, they're gonna whiff a counter and eat an F-smash with the back'a their head.

Or a Backslash. Does it really become more powerful if ya hit an opponent from behind?

Would you like to be a reserve player, Splash_King? So if someone doesn't show up, you can take his place?

Aye, sure. Sign me up.

Thunder ain't the strongest projectile, so I wouldn't be surprised if there're other ways to abuse G&W's bucket... semi/fully charged PK Flash, maybe?

True, but Thunder fills the bucket in one hit ánd is really fast.
I'm not sure if PK Flash fills the bucket in one hit and I'm 100% sure that it's way slower and it leaves you more open to other attacks.

About the CPU's. Yeah that's true, I've tried it on my friend's 3DS and I know what you mean.
When you use neutral B with Duck Hunt Duo (yes that's how the character is called in Europe), the computers will always shield for quite some time.

That's true, if someone spams a certain thing (counter/dodge) over and over, it becomes indeed predictable.
I think backslach does 5% more when you hit your opponent from behind and probably has more knockback as well.

Great :D Do you have Skype? Cause that would make things a lot easier, since the whole tourney runs via Skype.
Then I can immediately contact you when someone doesn't show up. I'll tell you the exact time when the tourney starts later.

I believe you can check if the characters have any equipment by the little circle next to the character icon on the touch screen. It's usually colored to represent the kind of equipment equipped, but if there's nothing on there it's completely white.
Can you check someone else's, though? That's all that really matters, because I know how I build my own characters.

hurray for d-smash nerf

Drill Rush looks even more punishable than it used t' be... nothnxkbai though i may actually use it at all since whorenado looks terribad
His overall range was nerfed. People playing him say "Meta Knight has to literally be on top of his foes' faces to hit them." no exaggeration i tried

They removed his gliding ability and Up-B now has this ending sort of...thing. It's still fast but I don't think it's as strong. And yeah, neutral B sux.

*Date: Dec 26 - 29
(Depends on the amount of people who cancle for some reason or who show up too late. We do have some reserve players luckily)
Today I learned that I'll be busy around a certain time on the 29th. Hopefully the other days will be free.

'Karpmod, are you going to cover my ass if I can't make it into one of the rounds? Also, will you be hosting a WiiChat-only tourney anytime soon?

I feel Smash 4's CPUs are easier to exploit their... CPU-Ness. If that makes any sense. They're also complete derps with their air dodges, which unlike in vBrawl, are extremely punishable.
I picked up on the CPU's ways. Now I can almost Counter their Counter every time they use it. I know when to go for a grab and when to fake attacks, and I laugh as their Counter animation goes on un-touched.

For Shulk, it ends up pretty awkward because I have a tendency to Counter exactly when he Counters, and we just stand there for a second...

Or a Backslash. Does it really become more powerful if ya hit an opponent from behind?
A lot. And they make it really noticeable too.

random video

Back